Vitamix

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.7

Global Digital Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Vitamix.

I submitted my resume online through their website. In about 3 days, I received a phone call from their HR department. She screened me on the phone, the conversation lasted about 45 minutes. A month and a half later, I got an email from HR to schedule for my 1st interview.

I was scheduled to meet with 3 people, including the department director, sr manager and a coordinator. The interview took place in the director's office, it was a casual meeting, pretty easy. No hard questions. All expected questions.

A month later, I received another email from HR inviting me to their 2nd interview. This time, I had to see 6 people for almost 4 hours of interview process. I met with various department managers, IT manager, HR manager and a director. Each interview took place at their offices. Some of the questions are very formal, they read them out from the given questions and jotted down my answers on the answer sheet. The questions are mostly behavioral questions. They said it is the protocol.

About 1 month later, I received a phone call from the HR department saying that I am not the right fit for this position but was wondering if I am interested in another position which is slightly lower than this position. I agreed to listen to what she has to offer and consider for that position.

Two weeks later, I followed up; but there is no news from them yet.

About a month and a half later, I followed up again and the HR told me that both positions have been filled.

Overall, I like the staff whom I've met along the way. However the lengthy interview process is extremely time consuming and the uncertainty from HR department is disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time where you don't agree with your boss' approach and how did you go about solving the situation?   Answer Question

Finance/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olmsted Falls, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vitamix.

Immediate phone interview (within 2 hours of submitting online applic), then in person interview with HR and some of the direct managers, then a second interview with people who couldn't make the first one. This all happened over about 3-4 weeks time. Then there was a 90 minute online test which had to be taken, which I know I did well on, but I think many would find it incredibly difficult (lots of math and statistics, plus personality questions like "would you rather" type of stuff). Then a drug test which includes nicotine I believe...the very first question on the phone was "we don't hire smokers, will that be an issue?" which I actually liked because I don't smoke.

Get the highest base possible and don't let them lowball you because of their profit sharing. That bonus depends completely on company performance and there's nothing you can do to make it higher or lower, so don't tie your salary to it. And don't trust it when they say it always paid out 100% in the past - that didn't last.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olmsted Falls, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vitamix in May 2014.

Started with a phone interview with someone from the recruiting department. Then came in to meet with immediate supervisor for one-hour discussion. A few weeks went by and then spent half a day interviewing with various leadership in my department, from the VP to managers. I was told to expect a call sometime the middle of the following week (last interview was on a Thursday) and I got a call first thing Monday morning, followed immediately by an email confirmation of offer and conditions of the hire (passing drug and background screens). This was set up within a day and I was able to give notice to my employer and start working in just a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • If you could develop your own on-boarding, what would it include and how long do you feel it would take you to be comfortable in this role?   Answer Question
    The recruiter had already asked for my wish list. When I was presented an offer it was more than I had told them by about 7% and the benefits were even better than I expected!

Senior Level Position Interview

Company seemed not to understand the role or market salary requirements for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Verbal question in an interview from HR VP - Give me 3 examples of when your work was critisized.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vitamix in January 2014.

Pretty simple. Manager contacted me. We talked about the position, what it entails, and he asked if I had any sales experience. Went well. You're required to submit a video selling the Product and if they like you, you're hired. Commission based sales though with no benefits so interview process is very simple.

Interview Questions
    • Making a video selling the Vitamix but still fairly simple.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Commission only.

Assembler I Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Vitamix in November 2011.

I started as a temporary worker.. took four months to get hired in. They want to see how your work ethics is; if you pick up things quickly; if you are fast. You have about two weeks to illustrate your ability on the assembly line. But nowadays it is different. There are temporary workers that have been there for over six months and still waiting to be hired in.

Interview Questions
    • There is a test you must take that basically consist of algebra questions.   Answer Question