Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.0

Admissions Liaison Interview

I was just denied on the computer. I actually worked in continuous care in 2002 and was interviewed the same day I called and was hired. I transferred to Encino when my father was in hospice care with Vitas. After working for the cement building, unorganized office, I found that with having to pay for my own gas, being sent out 40 mi one-way, my hrs being misplaced, I couldn't afford my job and went on to care for my family or friends who needed my services. There was no place to put this info on the other form.

Interview Questions
    • I think that the most difficult question would be one that I should ask. I was really sure I would get a call. My work for Vitas was short but very committed and was given a lot of responsibility. Hospice takes only the best to get the job done right. I am that person.   View Answer
    • Is there someone that I can come down and talk with?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care.

I was contacted by a recruiter about 3 weeks after putting in my application. She was very nice over the phone and we had great conversation. My interview when I met with them in person was alright. I met with one person who had good energy and questions, and then two after her that constantly stared down at my resume and only asked questions about my past salaries. Overall it was an okay experience.

Interview Questions
    • "We have a few members of our team who aren't great communicators. How do you deal with these kinds of people?"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was made an offer for a set amount and told that was it. At the time I was very in need of new work, and accepted. Had my situation been different, I would have most likely declined.

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care.

Very basic situational type of interview

None

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care in November 2013.

Telephone interview went over the basic qualifications, then required to take the Sales Assessment test. The employees were extremely nice.

Interview Questions
    • Most question on the interview were over basic qualifications for the position. This however just the first interview. The Sales Assessment test is given and must be passed in order to have further interviews.   View Answers (2)

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care.

I had worked with an agency that supplied nurses to Vitas, so was known to them. This was many years ago, at the time, I filled out an application and sent it to the team I wished to work with. I was contacted within 3 days, had a face to face interview with the manager and human resources person. I took two tests on medication and behavior.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? What do you have to offer us? How would you handle an argument with a coworker.   View Answer
    I received a call within the following week after my references and licensing checked out. I "shadowed" with a nurse for a week and then had our compliance person check me off.

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care in May 2013.

Simple, straight forward questions. Simple computer test. Phone and 1 in-person interview

Interview Questions
    • how do you handle a call when someone else has not completed expected activity?   View Answer
    minimal increase over initial offer. Company doesn't negotiate for general positions.

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care.

One short interview with the PCA and was hired. Work physical and drug screen test and then in for orientation.

No negotiation

RN Primary Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care in March 2013.

Phone interview with Director of Nursing. 1:1 interview with DON 1st interview, very pleasant. Seemed interested and positive. 2nd interview with General Manager 1:1, very unprofessional. Just dug for dirt on current employer, not friendly at all. Was interviewing for 2 very different positions even though clearly stated that I was interested in one specific position.

Interview Questions
    • What don't you like about your current job?   View Answer

Chaplain Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care in June 2012.

Very unfortunate interview. Personally delivered cover letter resume to company. Was contacted for interview. In meantime, CPE director emailed me, told me go online complete application. During interview, CPE director burst into room, tore my resume apart, made reference to my age, basically called me a liar. Very unfortunate.

Interview Questions
    • Please write down the years that you worked at these jobs. You can work and talk at the same time can't you?   Answer Question

Telecare Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care in October 2011.

Phone interview. 1:1 interview with Supervisor then follow-up interview 1:1 with other Supervisor. Online skills assessment, and second skills assessment on your first 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    Nothing, I was promised a salary/hourly base pay when offered the position by the first Supervisor I interviewed with then paid at an entirely different rate. When I brought it to the attention of the Supervisors and Upper Management I was told, "Were you on your cell phone...well that's how you may have misunderstood...we don't pay anyone that amount to start off...and all the quotes on shift differential...well I don't know where you got that from?...you must have not heard correctly..."