Vitech Systems Group Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
16 interviews

2.8

Solutions Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group.

Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn message, interested in my profile as I was not actively job searching
    over 2 months 5 interviews
    Skills/IQ test
    Functional assessment test
    Telephone interview with associate recruiter
    Telephone interview with senior recruiter
    Skype interview with Senior Manager
    Telephone interview with VP
    Starbucks interview in person with On Site Manager

All questions were quite easy and straightforward, behavioral, situation, tell me a time when, etc.
    No curveballs

Interview Questions
    • What would your current employer say is your weakest quality?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group in January 2014.

First interview,they will ask you to do some coding on-line;
    Second interview, onsite interview;
    Third interview, HR interview you.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you to override the equals method and hashcode methods   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group in March 2014.

It was a skype interview, and the HR was nice and the questions were pretty straight forward like go through the past experience and examples for problem solving and innovative thinking.

Associate Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group.

Interviewed through school recruitment. First round of interview was at the company since I was going to school in the city. Talked to two people. Was eventually invited to a final round and interviewed with 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • Had to write up a group project on the board and explain details   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

testing online, phone interview, face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to leave your current position and why didnt you start looking sooner?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group.

paper test first, then two personal interview. One is developer, the other is manager. Paper test is easy, interview is ok

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group in January 2008.

an two hour test, followed by two persons interview

Associate Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group.

First round was a basic behavioral interview. Was interviewed at the company by 4 people. Received two follow up phone interviews.

Senior Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group in June 2012.

I was contact by a recruiter via LinkedIn. The posting included very basic information about the opening, how it fit my skills and that the company was interested in getting to know me. I am happy in my current position, but I was intrigued and replied via a LinkedIn message.

As soon as I returned interest, the my recruitment was delegated to a more junior colleague who promptly e-mailed me asking for times I was available to have an initial phone conversation regarding the position. Given I am currently employed, I reviewed my calendar and sent a couple of options to the recruiter who promptly scheduled a time for me (this occurred on a Thursday and my phone conversation was scheduled for the following Tuesday). I asked the recruiter for a more detailed job description, but did not receive one (which I figured was ok, given I was having a phone conversation the following week and could ask again at that time).

Late the next day, Friday, I got a call from the recruiter asking if I would be able to come in to the office for an interview instead of a phone conversation. I was quite surprised, given the only contact I had so far was via LinkedIn and e-mail. She offered me Tuesday and Wednesday, which was quite short notice. When I mentioned I would only be able to make one time, late in the day, the recruiter seemed almost put-off (keep in mind I'm currently employed, which I don't think ever occurred to her). I again asked for a job description and asked who I would be meeting with, how formal the discussion would be (again, no one at this point had really spoken with me, except this recruiter who had called solely to schedule interviews). The recruiter's response was simply, "just some managers." That was quite helpful. (Please keep in mind usually it wouldn't matter, but I was trying to figure out exactly how this was going to work - me meeting with managers without having been truly screened by recruiters?)

Tuesday rolls around, and despite never having received an actual job description, I headed for the office. I scheduled the appointment in the evening and the recruiter agreed so I figured there was some chance I would just be meeting with her. When I arrived it was clear they had been interviewing several others and were running late (which was understandable given it was the end of the day). The first recruiter that reached out to me originally introduced herself and we went into her office to begin. I was quite excited (the office is pretty neat). We had a very good conversation, I finally started to get SOME additional job information and things were going well. About 10 minutes in, the recruiter said she would be "right back" and left the room. Another 10 minutes went by and the more junior recruiter who I had most of my contact with came in and said "the recruiter interviewing you before had a long day and has headed out for the day and now I'm going to interview you" (in the middle of my interview!). This recruiter was very nice and clearly trying very hard, but new to the role and honestly had a hard time asking very difficult questions (I also don't think they were very insightful and I don't see how they would have helped her make a more informed decision). I also asked, again, for a job description, but she could not produce one. After about 20 minutes, she informs me I will now be meeting with a senior manager. That part of the interview went very well, the manager was extremely knowledgeable and was finally able to shed light on what I would actually be doing (although he was surely shocked when someone he was interviewing was still inquiring about general responsibilities!). I was excited about the position and although very reasonable about inquiring, I felt surely they would pass on me (though how they would find anyone without sharing any real details is beyond me).

A week passed and I receive a call from the second recruiter, stating they really liked me and that they would like me to interview with even more senior people (who she called "directors" although I'm not sure what role that is). We start to schedule the meeting, but then the recruiter stops and mentions that she wants to go back and discuss salary (a little strange, it came up before so why not discuss it then?). She reviews my expectations and mentions they are slightly out of their budget for this position and I appreciated her honesty, but I told her that I am very happy in my current role and due to experience and the value I would bring I would like and X% increase over my current salary. She then came back with a number greater than my current salary but not by much and I was absolutely not willing to take that to move jobs, which I politely informed her. She mentioned she would "take it back to the team" to see what they could do. I never heard back from her and then received a standard e-mail saying "thanks for applying but we have decided to go in a different direction."

Interview Questions
    • When you implement a new client, how do you balance client requests with the functional capabilities and development of the software?   Answer Question
    • How do you capture all of the knowledge into the client's head into functional specifications that developers can use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group in May 2012.

I was contacted by one of the staffing managers via LinkedIn and later scheduled an in-office interview. Had some initial struggles understanding exactly what the position was since there was not a job posting online but was able to figure that out during the interview. Met with 2 recruiters, a manager, and a director. Questions were mainly focused on past industry and company experience. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Salary did come up rather early in the interview so be prepared for that. Overall time for all four interviews was probably around 3-4 hours. It seemed like they were perhaps unsure if and/or how many people they were going to be hiring. I was told I would hear within a week and it ended up taking a little over 3 weeks to get a final decision. But an overall positive experience. I likely would have accepted an offer if it was extended.

Interview Questions

Worked for Vitech Systems Group? Contribute to the Community!