Vitech Systems Group

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – First interview,they will ask you to do some coding on-line;
Second interview, onsite interview;
Third interview, HR interview you.

Interview Question – They will ask you to override the equals method and hashcode methods   Answer Question

Solutions Analyst Interview

Solutions Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – It was a skype interview, and the HR was nice and the questions were pretty straight forward like go through the past experience and examples for problem solving and innovative thinking.

Interview Question – No special difficult questions   Answer Question

Associate Solutions Analyst Interview

Associate Solutions Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group.

Interview Details – Interviewed through school recruitment. First round of interview was at the company since I was going to school in the city. Talked to two people. Was eventually invited to a final round and interviewed with 3 people.

Interview Question – Had to write up a group project on the board and explain details   Answer Question

Interviewed at Vitech Systems Group

Interview Details – testing online, phone interview, face to face interview

Interview Question – Why are you looking to leave your current position and why didnt you start looking sooner?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group.

Interview Details – paper test first, then two personal interview. One is developer, the other is manager. Paper test is easy, interview is ok

Interview Question – just J2EE questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – an two hour test, followed by two persons interview

Interview Question – normal j2ee questions   Answer Question

Associate Solutions Analyst Interview

Associate Solutions Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Vitech Systems Group.

Interview Details – First round was a basic behavioral interview. Was interviewed at the company by 4 people. Received two follow up phone interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Vitech?   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Analyst Interview

Senior Solutions Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contact by a recruiter via LinkedIn. The posting included very basic information about the opening, how it fit my skills and that the company was interested in getting to know me. I am happy in my current position, but I was intrigued and replied via a LinkedIn message.

As soon as I returned interest, the my recruitment was delegated to a more junior colleague who promptly e-mailed me asking for times I was available to have an initial phone conversation regarding the position. Given I am currently employed, I reviewed my calendar and sent a couple of options to the recruiter who promptly scheduled a time for me (this occurred on a Thursday and my phone conversation was scheduled for the following Tuesday). I asked the recruiter for a more detailed job description, but did not receive one (which I figured was ok, given I was having a phone conversation the following week and could ask again at that time).

Late the next day, Friday, I got a call from the recruiter asking if I would be able to come in to the office for an interview instead of a phone conversation. I was quite surprised, given the only contact I had so far was via LinkedIn and e-mail. She offered me Tuesday and Wednesday, which was quite short notice. When I mentioned I would only be able to make one time, late in the day, the recruiter seemed almost put-off (keep in mind I'm currently employed, which I don't think ever occurred to her). I again asked for a job description and asked who I would be meeting with, how formal the discussion would be (again, no one at this point had really spoken with me, except this recruiter who had called solely to schedule interviews). The recruiter's response was simply, "just some managers." That was quite helpful. (Please keep in mind usually it wouldn't matter, but I was trying to figure out exactly how this was going to work - me meeting with managers without having been truly screened by recruiters?)

Tuesday rolls around, and despite never having received an actual job description, I headed for the office. I scheduled the appointment in the evening and the recruiter agreed so I figured there was some chance I would just be meeting with her. When I arrived it was clear they had been interviewing several others and were running late (which was understandable given it was the end of the day). The first recruiter that reached out to me originally introduced herself and we went into her office to begin. I was quite excited (the office is pretty neat). We had a very good conversation, I finally started to get SOME additional job information and things were going well. About 10 minutes in, the recruiter said she would be "right back" and left the room. Another 10 minutes went by and the more junior recruiter who I had most of my contact with came in and said "the recruiter interviewing you before had a long day and has headed out for the day and now I'm going to interview you" (in the middle of my interview!). This recruiter was very nice and clearly trying very hard, but new to the role and honestly had a hard time asking very difficult questions (I also don't think they were very insightful and I don't see how they would have helped her make a more informed decision). I also asked, again, for a job description, but she could not produce one. After about 20 minutes, she informs me I will now be meeting with a senior manager. That part of the interview went very well, the manager was extremely knowledgeable and was finally able to shed light on what I would actually be doing (although he was surely shocked when someone he was interviewing was still inquiring about general responsibilities!). I was excited about the position and although very reasonable about inquiring, I felt surely they would pass on me (though how they would find anyone without sharing any real details is beyond me).

A week passed and I receive a call from the second recruiter, stating they really liked me and that they would like me to interview with even more senior people (who she called "directors" although I'm not sure what role that is). We start to schedule the meeting, but then the recruiter stops and mentions that she wants to go back and discuss salary (a little strange, it came up before so why not discuss it then?). She reviews my expectations and mentions they are slightly out of their budget for this position and I appreciated her honesty, but I told her that I am very happy in my current role and due to experience and the value I would bring I would like and X% increase over my current salary. She then came back with a number greater than my current salary but not by much and I was absolutely not willing to take that to move jobs, which I politely informed her. She mentioned she would "take it back to the team" to see what they could do. I never heard back from her and then received a standard e-mail saying "thanks for applying but we have decided to go in a different direction."

Interview Questions

• When you implement a new client, how do you balance client requests with the functional capabilities and development of the software?   Answer Question
  • How do you capture all of the knowledge into the client's head into functional specifications that developers can use?   Answer Question

Solutions Analyst Interview

Solutions Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by one of the staffing managers via LinkedIn and later scheduled an in-office interview. Had some initial struggles understanding exactly what the position was since there was not a job posting online but was able to figure that out during the interview. Met with 2 recruiters, a manager, and a director. Questions were mainly focused on past industry and company experience. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Salary did come up rather early in the interview so be prepared for that. Overall time for all four interviews was probably around 3-4 hours. It seemed like they were perhaps unsure if and/or how many people they were going to be hiring. I was told I would hear within a week and it ended up taking a little over 3 weeks to get a final decision. But an overall positive experience. I likely would have accepted an offer if it was extended.

Associate Developer Interview

Associate Developer
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vitech Systems Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – testing online,phone interview,face to face interview

Interview Question – red and black tree   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vitech Systems Group

Worked for Vitech Systems Group? Contribute to the Community!

Vitech Systems Group Videos

Vitech Systems Group – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vitech Systems Group interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vitech Systems Group employees and interview candidates.