Vivint Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.2

Front End Web Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vivint.

Just sat and talked to the manager.
    Way easy going, talked a lot about my personal goals, things I've done.
    Reviewed my portfolio.
    Afterwards he walked me around the campus and introduced me to the team.
    It was a good experience and I really liked being able to meet the team.

Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vivint.

Panel interview with all potential colleagues. After applying, their company recruiter contacted me to set up a panel interview with direct manager and individual contributors. Passed that round. Second interview invoked demonstration of knowledge.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vivint.

I had an interview with one engineer for 20ish minutes and then was moved into another room to meet with two other engineers in a different department for the rest of the interview. It was a pretty standard behavioral interview: discussing my experiences, etc. I was not contacted afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you don't know how to code something?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vivint.

I was referred by friend and interviewed with a Senior Recruiter the next day. The interview was conversational, with no hard structure. There were standard behavioral questions asked but nothing too intimidating. I was extended an offer the next day. I started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Whats your method for structuring teams?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vivint.

It was easy and simple clean and smooth no problems with a good manager that was great and easy to get along with and it was a clean facility with a kitchen and they made us interview breakfast and we played goose all in the backyard

No negotiations

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vivint.

Standard Interview Process gives tour of building first interview with HR then with the sales trainer. goes over all your standard sales questions nothing big about it. good place to work good training good people.

Interview Questions
    None every one gets the same base and same com

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vivint in January 2015.

Got a call from Vivint 10 minutes after applying online to schedule interview. After a little bit of playing phone tag with the company I got a interview scheduled with the manager at a local office. The place of the interview was a little sketchy, located at the back of the town where I was applying . I went in with a couple of other people who were applying for the same position and we were seated to fill out the application and as I was working on my application, my girlfriend, who came with me decided to get my coat and wished me good luck, which I thought was sweet of her. Next thing I know I see the manager yelling at her, saying that she was interfering with the interview process. Once I got the application done I went in to talk to the manager and he asked me simple interview questions, when he got up and went to the other room with the other applicants and told them that he was doing a pre-screening because he didn't want his time to be wasted. So he came back in and continued to ask the interview question and as I was answering he cut me off in mid-sentence and said that I wasn't the right fit for the job and I was told to leave. I felt like I was a piece of paper that he was examining and not a actual person during this interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real difficult questions, just standard interview questions.   Answer Question

None They Called Me Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vivint in January 2015.

Recruiter contacted me asked if I would be interested in a position. I forwarded my resume, had a phone interview then was brought in for a face to face all in about a 10 day time span. People there seemed nice and made me feel like it was a good environment. One of the people I was supposed to interview with got stuck in a meeting and couldn't make it, I offered to come back at a another time. They said they would contact me....well that was 2 months ago, I sent thank you cards and then a follow up email two weeks after the interview. Still have not heard anything back and its been almost 3 months now. Needles to say slightly surprised but there is no way I will ever do business with a company that can't follow through with commitments.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the best candidate for the position? What do you like to do when you are not at work?   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

The interview I had was at 9pm I thought this was the coolest thing in the world, it was over the phone, the hiring authority really let me know that they did not need to add anyone but the choose to find people who are fitting to the culture and that I fit the culture.

Analyst Interview

It was very easy and had 3 case studies. I met with three people and got called about 3 days later with an offer. It was competitive and I love the culture and free food so I took it. I love the management and team members.