Viz Media Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Viz Media

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viz Media.

Was contacted by HR over the phone and set up an in person interview. Came in for the interview and met with one HR staff followed by a panel of 3 from the marketing team. First interview was just to gauge how your personality is. The panel interview asked questions you would expect from the position. Marketing experience, knowledge about the anime/manga products. Overall was a good interview and I enjoyed speaking with the team.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. They will ask about your resume so make sure you review it. Right off the top of my head... How do you deal with difficult people? What type of marketing experience do you have? Talk about some of their products...   Answer Question

Information Technology Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Viz Media in June 2009.

Internship posted on the web. Unpaid & summer only. There were 2 people at the panel interview. The selection process lasted 2 or 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • It was an hour interview. They mainly wanted to know about my background.   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viz Media.

Cordial and easy. HR was nice and followed up very quickly. Lots of interviewers though. It was like a giant panel interview. A bit intimidating initially, but overall everyone was nice.

Interview Questions
    • What do trends do you see in the anime or manga market today?   View Answer

Design Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viz Media in June 2008.

Came in for interview with 2 higher-ups. Lasted about 45 mins, they gave me a tour. Got an email next day to set up a 2nd interview with 4 lower level people I'd actually be working with. Was called next day with an offer. Super easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about dealing with Japanese licensors?   View Answer
    Accepted offer letter over phone without negotiation.

Worked for Viz Media? Contribute to the Community!