Viz Media Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Viz Media

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viz Media.

Interview

Was contacted by HR over the phone and set up an in person interview. Came in for the interview and met with one HR staff followed by a panel of 3 from the marketing team. First interview was just to gauge how your personality is. The panel interview asked questions you would expect from the position. Marketing experience, knowledge about the anime/manga products. Overall was a good interview and I enjoyed speaking with the team.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. They will ask about your resume so make sure you review it. Right off the top of my head... How do you deal with difficult people? What type of marketing experience do you have? Talk about some of their products...   Answer Question

Information Technology Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Viz Media (San Francisco, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Internship posted on the web. Unpaid & summer only. There were 2 people at the panel interview. The selection process lasted 2 or 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• It was an hour interview. They mainly wanted to know about my background.   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viz Media.

Interview

Cordial and easy. HR was nice and followed up very quickly. Lots of interviewers though. It was like a giant panel interview. A bit intimidating initially, but overall everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

• What do trends do you see in the anime or manga market today?   1 Answer

Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viz Media in June 2008.

Interview

Came in for interview with 2 higher-ups. Lasted about 45 mins, they gave me a tour. Got an email next day to set up a 2nd interview with 4 lower level people I'd actually be working with. Was called next day with an offer. Super easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about dealing with Japanese licensors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted offer letter over phone without negotiation.