Vlingo Senior Android Developer Interview Questions

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vlingo (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was brought to this opportunity by a staffing agency so the first step was for them to verify the information I had provided to them. The next step was a brief -- 30 minute -- phone interview with one of their management staff, to test for communication skills, interest level, motivations, etc. The next step was to sit through a series of four 1:1 interviews over Skype. They used Skype to cutdown on the costs of flying me in, since this was a contract position. I spoke with 4 people in 1 day, 1 hour apiece, separated by 30 minutes between each conversation. Each was a technical interview, and each covered a different area from specific technology to critical thinking skills. Each interviewer was very competent, and very patient. They were a good crew, and each one asked if I had any questions during the end of each hour together. Each one also gave me a very objective assessment of how I had performed in answering their questions. I actually enjoyed the interview process, as I learned something, and was able to teach them a thing or two as well. All-in-all a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• What are the various ways an Android developer can apply multi-threading to their app? Be specific, and give examples.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I was working through a staffing agency, the rate schedule had already been set between them and the client company. I was able though to negotiate a bit higher rate with my staffing agency, given the very positive feedback they had received from the client company regarding my interviews.