Vocollect Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2014
Updated May 10, 2014

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview at first place, hr will ask some general questions, then you will get an on-site interview if everything goes good. On-site interview include three person, technique manager and two sr developers. They will ask you to answer the programming questions and write the code on white board.

Interview Questions
    • whats the different between java and other programming languages.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vocollect in August 2013.

The process was great. the only hard part was waiting for the background check to go through. It took sometime. The interview process is long. you have to meet a few people and speak with them on the phone and then in person

Interview Questions
    • i was ready for that that interview. Prepared myself for weeks   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vocollect in January 2012.

Interviewed with 1 manager and 2 other supervisors. Standard interview...nothing really stuck out as difficult or unusual.

No negotiation

Project Manager Interview

After filing the online application, HR contacted me to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. After speaking with the hiring manager, I was brought in for a full day of interviewing, starting with a presentation to a group of about 15 people. Throughout the day, I met with about 8 people.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer a LOT of behavioral questions (i.e. Describe a time where you had to convince someone of an idea that was not well received.) Each interviewer had a sheet a paper with several questions and they all had to go over and what looked like a rating scale.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vocollect in May 2009.

Typical process includes screening by HR, a 30 minute phone interview with your direct supervisor and then about half a day of interviews with up to six people. These people would be peers, direct and indirect managers, other department heads, or anyone else that was available. After interviewing the hiring decisions were relatively quick and HR would do a drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were typical HR fluff. The panel interviews were different and each person could ask their own questions. One that sticks out, "Describe your home network setup."   Answer Question
    Negotiating is non-existent at the lower level jobs. HR is very strict with salary information and claim to include all experience and skills into the initial offer.

Software Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Vocollect in January 2013.

Recruiter was itmotives. Received a mix informal and formal emails from the recruiters and second phone call with their IT hiring manager just as bad (used obscenities).

They became very unprofessional in the end due to competing offer. Wanted to change from full-time to contract-to-hire position and have me start earlier than I could. This was due to issues with Vocollect HR. Still was considering, but never received enough details about company culture and growth.

Was given a verbal offer but decided not to go forward due to unprofessionalism and defamatory language. Very glad I didn't go through with this.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vocollect in May 2011.

I had a 30-minute recruiter phone screen with standard resume review and standard situational questions ("tell me about a time that you had a complicated project for which you had to plan"). I then had a 30-minute phone screen with the hiring manager. The recruiter and Vocollect HR person communicated well about the next steps, and within 2 weeks I was invited for a full day of interviews. Everyone does a presentation in the morning on their resume and background and why you fit into the Vocollect culture. This approach is an excellent way to avoid the same resume questions the whole day. I then had 6 interviews with the team with whom I would be working, one of which was with my future boss for lunch. Lots of questions about their challenges and how I could help, and I felt the answers were extremely honest. They told me within a week that I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about our products and market?   View Answer
    • Please give a presentation on your background   View Answer
    I negotiated longer vacation, and I think managers are generally given some flexibility about packages. Also, HR was very formal (too much so in my opinion) about negotiations, so try to deal with your manager directly in the negotiation phase.

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vocollect in March 2009.

phone interview, presentation, testing and individual interviews

Interview Questions
    • explain an experience when you had to report an issue of an unethical situation   View Answer

Corporate Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vocollect in June 2010.

I was recommended by an employee. I first met with the hiring manager during the first round. The second round consisted of interviewing with a colleague from my group as well as the director of a support group along with a couple of his direct reports. The third round of interviews was with the hiring manager. I felt the process was very thorough and professional. It was very important to the company that the candidate was a fit for both the skills/responsibilities as well as the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example of a time when you did not voice your opinion effectively enough. What were the results?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Vocollect in April 2009.

I was interviewed for the Senior QA.It went very well with all the team members for almost 3 hours...I have answered all the questions they asked.Also, I did ask several questions related to their process etc etc..and overall it was very good.After that,I stepped into the Hiring Manager room,who has no knowledge in QA.He asked my all irrelevant questions and walked out with great dissapointment.

Worked for Vocollect? Contribute to the Community!