Vocus

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.7

PR Software Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vocus in February 2014.

I was contacted within 2 weeks after replying to a posting on LinkedIn and spent about 20 minutes talking to a recruiter based out of North Carolina. I was asked to come into the Beltsville office for an interview at the end of the week. I went arrived and toured the facility and was dropped off in an interview room. I spoke with two recruiters/managers about the position and how they were looking to expand the team. It was very casual meeting and was ask very broad questions. They ask me to take a writing skills assessment and that was it. I was told a follow up would come the following week. Two weeks later, I after following up twice on my OWN, I got a generic rejection letter. The fact I had to contact them really shows how little they care about the "talent" they bring in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you would handle a difficult client/customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vocus.

I was recruited via the University of Maryland careers site. There was first a thirty minute phone interview. After that there was an in person interview. During the in person interview, there were two interviewers. They were both very nice, professional, and straight forward. They let you know what the job will be like, the perks, the downsides, etc.

Interview Questions
    • It is a typical question, but they asked why they should hire me instead of another applicant. It is a hard question to answer and not sound exactly like everyone else.   Answer Question

It just was not the right job for me at the time. I would definitely recommend the company. Fantastic facility, fun outings during recruitment, and a great reputation.

Small Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vocus.

More of a personality interview than skill sets. Take pride in hiring people without a strong sales background so they can craft them for their company and roles they need filled.

Interview Questions
    • How do you rate the following as motivators to you in a business setting:
      Praise, Money, Fear.

View Answer
    None. Starting salary is 30,000. I know it's low, and most people take a pay cut to come here, but you have a lot of potential to make more in year 2 and so on. 5% commission on all sales, which isn't much.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vocus.

I was first brought in to interview for another position and was told I wasn't quite right but they did suggest I interview with another director for a different position (current). After that interview, which went well, I briefly met with a senior level person and was then offered a position. The questions asked were not intimidating and easy to answer. Most were standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Everything in the process was fairly standard for the position I was applying.   Answer Question

Media Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vocus.

It was pretty brief and straightforward. It seems like a high turnover position. The managers who interviewed me were pretty rude and unprofessional. The offices themselves aren't very nice at all. A lot of the research isn't really research -- it's essentially cold calling people for their information, so they can market towards them.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Vocus in October 2013.

Interview process was smooth, I showed interest, went through a phone screening, was called back, and after my in-person interview offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really, everything was very manageable, just be sure to do your research!   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vocus in July 2013.

Somewhat easy, phone screen first then in person interview with manager

Interview Questions
    • none I can think of, at the end gave a test that you had to email to him the next day using a free trial of their software   Answer Question

SBE Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vocus in June 2013.

I came in for an interview with two hiring managers and then after that did a follow up call

Interview Questions
    • They asked alot of questions about my previous sales numbers, also asked me to sell summer camp to them like I was a camp owner and they were a parent   View Answer
    I was not really able to negotiate- but the offer was VERY fair

Entry Level Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vocus.

The HR woman came in and talked to me letting me know what the process would be like. She told me to be very energetic as I was applying for a sales role. The manager and an employee came in and interviewed me. The questions were very typical (biggest weaknesses, strengths, ect) I can't say I enjoyed speaking with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • They told me they saw me in outside sales more so than inside sales. They asked me why I thought I would do well in an inside sales role.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I went back and forth with a recruiter for a bit before interviewing with her on the phone. I then had a second phone interview with a sales associate director. After having these 2 interviews, I went to Beltsville for an interview in office. The position wasn't really what I was expecting or favoring so that interview didn't go as well as the first 2 went. My only complaint with the whole process was having to be pushed back a couple of times for the first phone interview and never hearing from the recruiter after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why Sales?
      How would you handle cold call rejection?
      What happens when the quota is approaching and you're not halfway?

Answer Question