Vocus

Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Beltsville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vocus.

Interview Details – The interview process at Vocus was a smooth and exciting experience. I was first contacted by a Senior Recruiter who conducted a phone screen with me. I was then invited in for a face to face interview. At that time, I was interviewed by 4 different managers/team members. The interview lasted about 2 hours, where I was asked different questions about my work history and backround. Then I was given a tour of the amazing facility at headquarters. The managers were great, educational and easy to talk with. I loved the idea of the product and the "work hard, play hard" culture.

Interview Question – What would your current manager say about you?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vocus in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process at Vocus was painless and timely! I applied to an opening online. A recruiter, reached out to me within 24 hours of my application and did a brief phone screen. This interview was very casual and was more about giving me some background information on Vocus while also asking me about my work experience. The recruiter was super friendly and professional. She set me up with a second-round interview with the hiring manager for the beginning of the following week.

This interview was two hours long! I really felt like the interviewing managers wanted to get to know me and why I wanted the job. They asked me challenging questions that made me reflect on my experience and skills. The managers asked appropriate questions and truly made the experience fun.

I was given feedback within 48 hours of my interview and then offered a position within a week of my interview. Vocus' hiring process was professional, challenging, and timely. Not only that, but the on boarding process was quick also. I started the next Monday and all paperwork was sent to me immediately following my offer acceptance.

Interview Question – "What is employer brand and how would you describe it?"   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Associate Interview

Accounts Payable Associate
Beltsville, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vocus in February 2013.

Interview Details – My interview was scheduled for late morning. I arrived 5 mins. late. Sat in the lobby for another 15 mins. and the Accounting Manager came to get me. She placed me in the interview room (6" x 8") with no windows where I waited another 7 mins. until the Director's Assistant arrived. We had a very good interview session that lasted for about 25 mins. She was very pleased with me and my skill set. In the end they did not hire me because of my credit.

Interview Question – How is my credit?   View Answer

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Beltsville, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Vocus in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was smooth, I showed interest, went through a phone screening, was called back, and after my in-person interview offered the position.

Interview Question – nothing really, everything was very manageable, just be sure to do your research!   Answer Question

Media Researcher Interview

Media Researcher
College Park, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vocus in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process took about a week or two.

Interview Question – What's your work ethic?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vocus.

Interview Details – I was recruited via the University of Maryland careers site. There was first a thirty minute phone interview. After that there was an in person interview. During the in person interview, there were two interviewers. They were both very nice, professional, and straight forward. They let you know what the job will be like, the perks, the downsides, etc.

Interview Question – It is a typical question, but they asked why they should hire me instead of another applicant. It is a hard question to answer and not sound exactly like everyone else.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It just was not the right job for me at the time. I would definitely recommend the company. Fantastic facility, fun outings during recruitment, and a great reputation.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vocus in May 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring Process was straightforward, slightly misleading only if you don't ask questions or do research, people made you feel welcomed and were very courteous, do your company research, be active and the job is yours

Small Business Account Executive Interview

Small Business Account Executive

I applied online and interviewed at Vocus.

Interview Details – More of a personality interview than skill sets. Take pride in hiring people without a strong sales background so they can craft them for their company and roles they need filled.

Interview Question – How do you rate the following as motivators to you in a business setting:
Praise, Money, Fear.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Starting salary is 30,000. I know it's low, and most people take a pay cut to come here, but you have a lot of potential to make more in year 2 and so on. 5% commission on all sales, which isn't much.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Vocus.

Interview Details – I was first brought in to interview for another position and was told I wasn't quite right but they did suggest I interview with another director for a different position (current). After that interview, which went well, I briefly met with a senior level person and was then offered a position. The questions asked were not intimidating and easy to answer. Most were standard interview questions.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Everything in the process was fairly standard for the position I was applying.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Beltsville, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vocus in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter at Vocus. We scheduled a short initial phone interview. She then said I need to take a very long questionnaire online, which I did. I was then contacted again by her to conduct a phone interview with my future manager. I was then passed off to do anything interview with a manager in the department. After all of the phone calls, I finally came into the office where I did a face-to-face interview with my manager. Questions were pretty straight forward and right out of the textbook: "Tell me a time where you overcame adversity." or my favorite "what is your greatest strength/weakness."

Interview Question – "Sell me something."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate. They said that it was what all my peers would be making. I later found out that they just adjusted the job description (which had nothing to do with my job) to make it seem like I had no flexibility. I would have pressed harder for 5-10k more.