Vocus Interview Questions

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vocus in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process at Vocus was painless and timely! I applied to an opening online. A recruiter, reached out to me within 24 hours of my application and did a brief phone screen. This interview was very casual and was more about giving me some background information on Vocus while also asking me about my work experience. The recruiter was super friendly and professional. She set me up with a second-round interview with the hiring manager for the beginning of the following week. This interview was two hours long! I really felt like the interviewing managers wanted to get to know me and why I wanted the job. They asked me challenging questions that made me reflect on my experience and skills. The managers asked appropriate questions and truly made the experience fun. I was given feedback within 48 hours of my interview and then offered a position within a week of my interview. Vocus' hiring process was professional, challenging, and timely. Not only that, but the on boarding process was quick also. I started the next Monday and all paperwork was sent to me immediately following my offer acceptance.

Interview Questions

• "What is employer brand and how would you describe it?"   Answer Question

PR Software Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vocus (Beltsville, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within 2 weeks after replying to a posting on LinkedIn and spent about 20 minutes talking to a recruiter based out of North Carolina. I was asked to come into the Beltsville office for an interview at the end of the week. I went arrived and toured the facility and was dropped off in an interview room. I spoke with two recruiters/managers about the position and how they were looking to expand the team. It was very casual meeting and was ask very broad questions. They ask me to take a writing skills assessment and that was it. I was told a follow up would come the following week. Two weeks later, I after following up twice on my OWN, I got a generic rejection letter. The fact I had to contact them really shows how little they care about the "talent" they bring in.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would handle a difficult client/customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vocus.

Interview

I was recruited via the University of Maryland careers site. There was first a thirty minute phone interview. After that there was an in person interview. During the in person interview, there were two interviewers. They were both very nice, professional, and straight forward. They let you know what the job will be like, the perks, the downsides, etc.

Interview Questions

• It is a typical question, but they asked why they should hire me instead of another applicant. It is a hard question to answer and not sound exactly like everyone else.   Answer Question

It just was not the right job for me at the time. I would definitely recommend the company. Fantastic facility, fun outings during recruitment, and a great reputation.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vocus.

Interview

More of a personality interview than skill sets. Take pride in hiring people without a strong sales background so they can craft them for their company and roles they need filled.

Interview Questions

• How do you rate the following as motivators to you in a business setting: Praise, Money, Fear.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Starting salary is 30,000. I know it's low, and most people take a pay cut to come here, but you have a lot of potential to make more in year 2 and so on. 5% commission on all sales, which isn't much.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vocus.

Interview

I was first brought in to interview for another position and was told I wasn't quite right but they did suggest I interview with another director for a different position (current). After that interview, which went well, I briefly met with a senior level person and was then offered a position. The questions asked were not intimidating and easy to answer. Most were standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Everything in the process was fairly standard for the position I was applying.   Answer Question

Media Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vocus (College Park, MD).

Interview

It was pretty brief and straightforward. It seems like a high turnover position. The managers who interviewed me were pretty rude and unprofessional. The offices themselves aren't very nice at all. A lot of the research isn't really research -- it's essentially cold calling people for their information, so they can market towards them.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vocus (Beltsville, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was smooth, I showed interest, went through a phone screening, was called back, and after my in-person interview offered the position.

Interview Questions

• nothing really, everything was very manageable, just be sure to do your research!   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vocus (Raleigh, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

Somewhat easy, phone screen first then in person interview with manager

Interview Questions

• none I can think of, at the end gave a test that you had to email to him the next day using a free trial of their software   Answer Question

SBE Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vocus (Herndon, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

I came in for an interview with two hiring managers and then after that did a follow up call

Interview Questions

• They asked alot of questions about my previous sales numbers, also asked me to sell summer camp to them like I was a camp owner and they were a parent   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not really able to negotiate- but the offer was VERY fair

Entry Level Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vocus (Herndon, VA).

Interview

The HR woman came in and talked to me letting me know what the process would be like. She told me to be very energetic as I was applying for a sales role. The manager and an employee came in and interviewed me. The questions were very typical (biggest weaknesses, strengths, ect) I can't say I enjoyed speaking with the manager.

Interview Questions

• They told me they saw me in outside sales more so than inside sales. They asked me why I thought I would do well in an inside sales role.   Answer Question