Vocus

2.7

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vocus in December 2014.

Horrible, took 2 months and lousy response from recruiter and Hiring manager as well. Embarrassing and neglected response with very time taking response, each interview with each took nearly 2 weeks and final decision took 3 weeks to complete. And finally moved into different direction just because they decided to a junior candidate and train them from scratch and make him a champs.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about what you know about marketing in Digital media and experience stuffs. Not a hard interview though.   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vocus.

I was contacted by a recruiter and after an initial phone interview was passed along to a senior director. About two days later, I had a phone interview with a senior director which was followed up by an in-person interview the following week.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty standard. More or less they asked questions to gauge interest and learn about my past experience.   Answer Question

Software Sales Executive - Small Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vocus.

I had to do a mock sell.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vocus.

The interview process at Vocus was a smooth and exciting experience. I was first contacted by a Senior Recruiter who conducted a phone screen with me. I was then invited in for a face to face interview. At that time, I was interviewed by 4 different managers/team members. The interview lasted about 2 hours, where I was asked different questions about my work history and backround. Then I was given a tour of the amazing facility at headquarters. The managers were great, educational and easy to talk with. I loved the idea of the product and the "work hard, play hard" culture.

PR Software Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vocus in February 2014.

I was contacted within 2 weeks after replying to a posting on LinkedIn and spent about 20 minutes talking to a recruiter based out of North Carolina. I was asked to come into the Beltsville office for an interview at the end of the week. I went arrived and toured the facility and was dropped off in an interview room. I spoke with two recruiters/managers about the position and how they were looking to expand the team. It was very casual meeting and was ask very broad questions. They ask me to take a writing skills assessment and that was it. I was told a follow up would come the following week. Two weeks later, I after following up twice on my OWN, I got a generic rejection letter. The fact I had to contact them really shows how little they care about the "talent" they bring in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you would handle a difficult client/customer.   Answer Question

Media Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vocus.

It was pretty brief and straightforward. It seems like a high turnover position. The managers who interviewed me were pretty rude and unprofessional. The offices themselves aren't very nice at all. A lot of the research isn't really research -- it's essentially cold calling people for their information, so they can market towards them.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Vocus in October 2013.

Interview process was smooth, I showed interest, went through a phone screening, was called back, and after my in-person interview offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really, everything was very manageable, just be sure to do your research!   Answer Question

SBE Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vocus in June 2013.

I came in for an interview with two hiring managers and then after that did a follow up call

Interview Questions
    • They asked alot of questions about my previous sales numbers, also asked me to sell summer camp to them like I was a camp owner and they were a parent   View Answer
    I was not really able to negotiate- but the offer was VERY fair

Entry Level Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vocus.

The HR woman came in and talked to me letting me know what the process would be like. She told me to be very energetic as I was applying for a sales role. The manager and an employee came in and interviewed me. The questions were very typical (biggest weaknesses, strengths, ect) I can't say I enjoyed speaking with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • They told me they saw me in outside sales more so than inside sales. They asked me why I thought I would do well in an inside sales role.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Vocus in May 2013.

Asked a lot of questions about experience and why they should hire you. What qualities do you have that would make you a good fit? Why do you want to work here? If your manager asks you to do something that you don't want to do, would you still do it?