Vocus

2.7

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vocus.

I was contacted by a recruiter and after an initial phone interview was passed along to a senior director. About two days later, I had a phone interview with a senior director which was followed up by an in-person interview the following week.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty standard. More or less they asked questions to gauge interest and learn about my past experience.   Answer Question

Software Sales Executive - Small Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vocus.

I had to do a mock sell.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vocus.

The interview process at Vocus was a smooth and exciting experience. I was first contacted by a Senior Recruiter who conducted a phone screen with me. I was then invited in for a face to face interview. At that time, I was interviewed by 4 different managers/team members. The interview lasted about 2 hours, where I was asked different questions about my work history and backround. Then I was given a tour of the amazing facility at headquarters. The managers were great, educational and easy to talk with. I loved the idea of the product and the "work hard, play hard" culture.

PR Software Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vocus in February 2014.

I was contacted within 2 weeks after replying to a posting on LinkedIn and spent about 20 minutes talking to a recruiter based out of North Carolina. I was asked to come into the Beltsville office for an interview at the end of the week. I went arrived and toured the facility and was dropped off in an interview room. I spoke with two recruiters/managers about the position and how they were looking to expand the team. It was very casual meeting and was ask very broad questions. They ask me to take a writing skills assessment and that was it. I was told a follow up would come the following week. Two weeks later, I after following up twice on my OWN, I got a generic rejection letter. The fact I had to contact them really shows how little they care about the "talent" they bring in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you would handle a difficult client/customer.   Answer Question

Media Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vocus.

It was pretty brief and straightforward. It seems like a high turnover position. The managers who interviewed me were pretty rude and unprofessional. The offices themselves aren't very nice at all. A lot of the research isn't really research -- it's essentially cold calling people for their information, so they can market towards them.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Vocus in October 2013.

Interview process was smooth, I showed interest, went through a phone screening, was called back, and after my in-person interview offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really, everything was very manageable, just be sure to do your research!   Answer Question

SBE Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vocus in June 2013.

I came in for an interview with two hiring managers and then after that did a follow up call

Interview Questions
    • They asked alot of questions about my previous sales numbers, also asked me to sell summer camp to them like I was a camp owner and they were a parent   View Answer
    I was not really able to negotiate- but the offer was VERY fair

Entry Level Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vocus.

The HR woman came in and talked to me letting me know what the process would be like. She told me to be very energetic as I was applying for a sales role. The manager and an employee came in and interviewed me. The questions were very typical (biggest weaknesses, strengths, ect) I can't say I enjoyed speaking with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • They told me they saw me in outside sales more so than inside sales. They asked me why I thought I would do well in an inside sales role.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Vocus in May 2013.

Asked a lot of questions about experience and why they should hire you. What qualities do you have that would make you a good fit? Why do you want to work here? If your manager asks you to do something that you don't want to do, would you still do it?

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vocus in April 2013.

Went through five interviews with multiple members of leadership. All were very welcoming and knowledgeable and willing to answer, as well as, ask questions. I interviewed with individuals from other departments as well as the CMO. This process, although taxing on my part, was a very thorough vetting process for the company.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard interview questions related to the position.   Answer Question