Vodafone Hutchison Australia Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vodafone Hutchison Australia (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview is quite energetic 20 or so people is in the session. Group activities for scenario to sell a customer a new phone. And one to one session asking personal question. Generally the atmosphere is fun and energetic. The inetrviewee is really down to earth.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vodafone Hutchison Australia (North Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone interview with Hays recruitment. Followed by a very rushed interview the same week with the Vodafone line manager and 2 other stakeholders. It was a newly created role and they needed to fill it quickly, so it was a 6 month contract.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous campaign management experience, previous retail experience and telecommunications experience. Questions such as How would I handle a fast-turnaround campaign?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vodafone Hutchison Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

A one-on-one interview with the potential territory manager. You are asked to prepare a 30-90 day plan of how you intend to improve sales in the store you are interviewing for. The more prepared you are(examples, printouts etc) the better.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of an incentive you have previously run in store.   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vodafone Hutchison Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

This was an internal application however it was oppened to external applicants. I had to submit my application with a resume and the interview was one on one with the territory manager at a coffee shop. I was extremely over prepared which he respected with a 90 day plan which was quit in depth however as long as you can show that you will be coming in to store to take action it should be fine with something slightly simpler. There is a little age discrimination and the Territory Manager prefers his managers to have families or to be about to start a family. I did not have these qualities but I blew him away with the questions and my former experience. I was not initially accepted for the first store I applied for but a few weeks later another store opened up and I was offered that one, without needing to reapply.

Interview Questions

• How do you intend to improve store sales withing 60-90 days   1 Answer

Retail Store Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vodafone Hutchison Australia.

Interview

Office and work culture seemed upbeat and friendly and informal. I got an interview through a friend who worked there. There was one interview and I was informed the following day that I got accepted. Very quick hiring process. After this they run a background check on you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be confident. Practise a role play before the interview. Sell your strengths

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vodafone Hutchison Australia in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. I was called to come in for an interview after 3 days. Questions are pretty standard, most are about your work experience, customer service skills, and behavioral questions. I was told that I will be updated in 2 days regarding the result. Sent a thank you email to follow up. No response after 2 weeks.

Retail Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vodafone Hutchison Australia (Brisbane (Australia)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for part time role via Seek. Missed a call from Vodafone within ~3weeks of application - no one picked up when calling back multiple times. Received another call from Vodafone HR after a week or two for a phone interview. Simple questions asked such as why Vodafone, tell us about a time you dealt with difficult customer, attributes you could bring to Vodafone, very generic questions which lasted 5-10minute. As it was my first phone interview I was very nervous and stumbled when answering however was invited for "talent search" on the spot. Was invited into HQ office 2days later, it was a group interview where they showed powerpoints and introduced everyone to the company. Had to get into groups to do team based activities on how we could provide long lasting impression on customers. Another activity was to pick out of random object from a box and sell that to the interviewers. Finally, everyone was called one by one for a quick ~5min interview. There were multiple interviews happening in one room. Questions were very similar to phone interview; quick generic ones. Talent search went for roughly 3 hours. That afternoon I received a call with an offer which I accepted. Received contract within few days and started my role 2-3weeks later. They tend to look for bubbly, outgoing personality with minimum 3 years in customer service role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Vodafone?   1 Answer

IP Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vodafone Hutchison Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2013.

Interview

I was directly contacted by Vodafone, Hiring manager has setup interview time, it was really straight forward process, if they like you go straight in team. I have been contacted over the phone and informed regarding interview date and time and venue, there were 5 person in interview. Very helpful but bit technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural question, like explain your self and your history some background on Telco experience Technical background check and ask for some certifications Technical questions on MPLS, BGP and OSPF Some layer 2 questions VLAN, Spanning Tree Some ISP related routing questions (route influence) Some team building activities related questions Leadership examples in your past roles and issues   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobart (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Vodafone Hutchison Australia (Hobart (Australia)) in February 2013.

Interview

Had to do phone interview that included skills, personality test. When this was passed I had to do a IQ test on line. After this stage I was invited to attend a group interview session that appeared to see how you worked under pressure and work with others. After this stage some applicants were selected to have a 1 on 1 interview and then final selection was made

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vodafone Hutchison Australia (Mumbai (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, off