Vodafone

63 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship In Online Services Interview

Interviewed at Vodafone

Interview Details – I applied through my uni and it took between 2-3 weeks before they invited me to the assessment center.
Once there before there was a group interview (short time and difficult task, but actually they just want to see how you work as a team) + individual interview (they asked questions about things related to the position).
After passing the assessment center they made me do attitudinal tests online.. which I failed!!!

Interview Question – They didn't ask any particular question. the individual interview was pretty easy going.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Vodafone in November 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter found me through Linkedin. He contacted me and performed a screening interview. He sent me information about the position and setup a phone interview with hiring manager. After that interview, I found several current Vodafone employees that I previously worked with and called them to vet the company. Then a second interview via video conference interview was held with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Just typical "hard" questions where you have a choice abut how much to reveal about yourself. For example, hadling of political situations; deadlines and such.   Answer Question

Bid Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vodafone in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a corporate recruiter who left the company in the middle of the process; new recruiter picked up the process a few weeks later. After clearing the phone interview was scheduled for interview in NYC. Strangely enough, they DID NOT PAY FOR THE TRANSPORTATION. I had to be reimbursed afterwards. I didn't want to interview on the day they selected because I had just worked over 24 hours to finish a proposal, and wanted to come in the following Monday, but was told that if I didn't come in for the interview on that day, I would be passed by. To get there on time, I had to fly out at 6:30am, but missed that flight. The 7:30a flight was cancelled, and the 8:30 flight was almost full (I was the last person to board). Vodafone had to work me into the schedule since I missed the first one due to the flight cancellations. NYC was having a 100 degree weather day, I was severely sleep deprived, and it was a pretty miserable experience.

I was brought into the Vodafone office by someone who dumped me in a reception area. The people who were to interview me (the hiring director, the newly promoted manager, and the recruiter) were all at lunch. Once they came in, I immediately felt that I was not their prime candidate... just gut feel. I felt like they had to have 3 interviews to be able to offer to the prime candidate.

They had asked me to do a review of a fictional client's opportunity and make a bid/no bid decision. You had to do a risk assessment and defend your position. The problem was the client wasn't real and there wasn't enough information regarding the competitors (there was a substantial amount of the business on the table that belonged to the competitors, but no dollar amount or line count), the CEO of the client didn't like us, the majority of our business was at risk, and they had already said they would cut 20% of that business, and we had to endure a 20% additional cut in revenue. When I tried to ask questions regarding this fictional client, I was told they didn't know, because it was all a test. Long story short, I said no bid. There was 0 reaction - zip. When I asked what the correct result was supposed to be, they said they had no idea.

The next day, I sent them an email thanking them for the opportunity to interview and their consideration, but apologizing if I seemed a bit out of it, and explaining that my exhaustion stemmed from working extremely long hours that week.

The following Monday, there was an email telling me I wasn't selected, and the reasons why. I was at first taken aback, but realized it was an extremely rare opportunity to be told why. Mostly the reason was that I seemed "confused," which makes sense since I was sleep deprived. I sent an email response thanking them for the feedback and again thanking them for the opportunity.

Interview Question – Having to do a bid/no bid decision on a fictional client.   View Answer

Frontline Interview

Cairo (Egypt)

Interview Details – Questions previous candidates have been asked include:

•Can you tell me about a complex problem that you solved? Describe the process you utilized.
•Tell me about a time when you had to make a split second decision.
•Tell me about a time when you set a goal and weren’t able to meet or achieve it.
•Give me an example of a time when you used your expertise to solve a problem.
•Tell me about a time when you responded to constructive criticism.
•Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.
•Tell me about a time when you had too many things to do and you were required to prioritize your tasks.
•Describe a time when you were able to come up with a new idea that became the success of some

Systems Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Vodafone

Interview Details – Poor hr experience... Unresponsive, no updates provided and slow to progress

Interview Question – Off the wall logic/ approach questions   Answer Question

SAP Security and Compliance Specialist Interview

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vodafone in August 2011.

Interview Details – As to fill out the position was urgent for Vodafone, I had only one interview session with HR plus my team leader. There were some generic questions: summarize the CV, talking in English and technical discussion (position related) with the team leader.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Network Security Engineer
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Vodafone in March 2012.

Interview Details – 4 rounds, the process all together took aproximately about a month or more. Recruitment company called me and told me some details about this job, then we had an 1to1 meeting, they asked some personal and technical info, Forwarded my CV and transcript to the company. Then internal HR interviewed me, there was the same plus some basic technical test. Next round the technical leaders interviewed me lots of technical questions from all perspective, it was a bit shocking but overall good. At the end i had a meeting with the Manager but as i felt it was just formal.

Interview Question – Nothing specially unexpected, general questions, then technical ones relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR employee called me that they would like to offer me a contract and asked me what is my expectation about the salary (we talked about this previously on the first interviews). I told them my expectation but they offered a bit lower that was still acceptable so i told them yes.

Retail Sales/Customer Service Interview

Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vodafone in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submit your Cv to the nearest branch, then they will call you to arrange an appointment, then you will have phone interview then 2 personal interviews the first is with HR employee then with account manager

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Very Easy Interview

SENIOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGER - PREPAID SALES Interview

Okhla (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Vodafone.

Interview Details – INITIAL COMMUNICATION:
With a choosing look gave an + indication for me to become a part of this company.
I expressed myself also for there choosing criteria.
Then everything continued with deep faith...

PLANNING AND NO. OF INTERVIEWS:
Only first and the final.

BONUS POINTS FOR YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE PEOPLE, OFFICE AND WORK CULTURE:
Nothing, as I have a little inclination to perceive others, thus 100% bonus points - either all is useful or all is not useful.

Interview Question – Question not been asked yet I have been asked to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NEGOTIATION:
No negotiations

MY PERSONAL OPINION ON NEGOTIATIONS TO OTHERS:
Negotiation is a complex as well as simple phenomenon based on personal or impersonal needs.
May negotiate for balancing needs trying to be simple.
May not negotiate for balancing needs trying to be complex.

IT Executive Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vodafone in January 2011.

Interview Details – A very general process of one on one interview preempted by a telephonic one. Very generalized process with easy selection process

Interview Question – No such difficulty in questions being asked. However emphasis is given more on people skills rather than technical skills   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vodafone

Worked for Vodafone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vodafone interview questions and advice. All 63 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vodafone employees and interview candidates.