Vodafone

Vodafone Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Bid Management Liaison Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vodafone.

I applied through NYU wasserman career website. I had 1 on-campus interview and 3 rounds of onsite interviews. the turn over time between 1st round and second round was more than 1 month time. on-campus interview panel consisted of one technical expert and HR personnel. It was behavioral round. subsequent rounds were based on case study

Sales Manager Vodafone US Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Vodafone.

Got through multiple round s of interviews after which they sent offer. Then out of blue HR sends email retrieving the offer. There was no reason, negotiation or apology of any kind.
    Very Unprofessional.
    Heard similar story with another acquaintance later on. Glad I didn’t inform my current employer and had other offers on the table.

Software Engineer Interview

First interview was with a recruiter then a phone interview followed by a technical onsite interview. Several programming questions. Asked to write code on a white board etc.

Internship In Online Services Interview

I applied through my uni and it took between 2-3 weeks before they invited me to the assessment center.
    Once there before there was a group interview (short time and difficult task, but actually they just want to see how you work as a team) + individual interview (they asked questions about things related to the position).
    After passing the assessment center they made me do attitudinal tests online.. which I failed!!!

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any particular question. the individual interview was pretty easy going.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vodafone in November 2012.

The recruiter found me through Linkedin. He contacted me and performed a screening interview. He sent me information about the position and setup a phone interview with hiring manager. After that interview, I found several current Vodafone employees that I previously worked with and called them to vet the company. Then a second interview via video conference interview was held with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Just typical "hard" questions where you have a choice abut how much to reveal about yourself. For example, hadling of political situations; deadlines and such.   Answer Question

Bid Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vodafone in July 2011.

Initially contacted by a corporate recruiter who left the company in the middle of the process; new recruiter picked up the process a few weeks later. After clearing the phone interview was scheduled for interview in NYC. Strangely enough, they DID NOT PAY FOR THE TRANSPORTATION. I had to be reimbursed afterwards. I didn't want to interview on the day they selected because I had just worked over 24 hours to finish a proposal, and wanted to come in the following Monday, but was told that if I didn't come in for the interview on that day, I would be passed by. To get there on time, I had to fly out at 6:30am, but missed that flight. The 7:30a flight was cancelled, and the 8:30 flight was almost full (I was the last person to board). Vodafone had to work me into the schedule since I missed the first one due to the flight cancellations. NYC was having a 100 degree weather day, I was severely sleep deprived, and it was a pretty miserable experience.

I was brought into the Vodafone office by someone who dumped me in a reception area. The people who were to interview me (the hiring director, the newly promoted manager, and the recruiter) were all at lunch. Once they came in, I immediately felt that I was not their prime candidate... just gut feel. I felt like they had to have 3 interviews to be able to offer to the prime candidate.

They had asked me to do a review of a fictional client's opportunity and make a bid/no bid decision. You had to do a risk assessment and defend your position. The problem was the client wasn't real and there wasn't enough information regarding the competitors (there was a substantial amount of the business on the table that belonged to the competitors, but no dollar amount or line count), the CEO of the client didn't like us, the majority of our business was at risk, and they had already said they would cut 20% of that business, and we had to endure a 20% additional cut in revenue. When I tried to ask questions regarding this fictional client, I was told they didn't know, because it was all a test. Long story short, I said no bid. There was 0 reaction - zip. When I asked what the correct result was supposed to be, they said they had no idea.

The next day, I sent them an email thanking them for the opportunity to interview and their consideration, but apologizing if I seemed a bit out of it, and explaining that my exhaustion stemmed from working extremely long hours that week.

The following Monday, there was an email telling me I wasn't selected, and the reasons why. I was at first taken aback, but realized it was an extremely rare opportunity to be told why. Mostly the reason was that I seemed "confused," which makes sense since I was sleep deprived. I sent an email response thanking them for the feedback and again thanking them for the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Having to do a bid/no bid decision on a fictional client.   View Answer

Support Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vodafone in October 2010.

I got a phone call from HR, about the opportunity. Wrote a skill set test. I passed and then I was called to come in for a face to face interview. After the interview I was called within a week to offer me employement

Interview Questions
    • What is my most challenging experience with a supervisor?   Answer Question
    no negotiation.. accepted

Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Vodafone.

Online Tests - Video Interview - AC. The online tests were pretty easy. Video interview asked unexpected questions which required you to think outside of the box, but not difficult if you have done your research.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected by the whole process was very casual, bordering on unprofessional.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Two interviews - a phone interview by from central recruitment and one in the shop by two managers. At all stages recruiters were helpful, encouraging and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you have overcome difficulties at work.   Answer Question

I made commitments to go back and finish my course at uni after failing a few modules.

Commercial Manager Interview

2 interviews with sales and commercial. I was screened first by a headhunter before meeting the hiring manager. hR was not part of the interview process. Offices are open plan layout with provisions for large screens. Flexible working practices and people seemed energetic

Long