Vodafone

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Newbury, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vodafone in April 2014.

Interview Details – was ok interview, they ask a lot of in depth personality and performance based questions. It was a hard interview face to face with several on the panel and some difficult questioning

Interview Question – where do you want to be in 20 years time?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Vodafone in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online via Vodafone site, uploaded CV and info was taken from it. (24/3/14) Then answered a few customer service questions. Few days later was emailed to say I had been short listed and someone would be in touch soon but in the meantime I was to do a personality questionnaire.
Then I had a call to arrange a telephone interview for the next morning. It was a competency based interview, but they also asked what I knew about the company and why I chose them. So do some research beforehand.
Then I was invited to an assessment day. (7/4/14) There was myself and one other. They were expecting more but nobody turned up. (They had assessments all day for a few days though).
First was a group interview, asking what mobile phone we had, what we thought about the In Store experience etc. Then we had to do a pre prepared presentation. (You get all the info you need in an email a week or so before the assessment) the assessors were store managers. Then we had to do a scenario with a difficult customer and try and sell them something.
Next was a group assessment we had to come up with an app and sell it to the assessors. And that was it, took about an hour would have been longer if there were more of us.
Was told I would hear back within 48 hours.
A week passed. So I emailed them and got a call the next day saying I was successful but they still working out contracts and she would call again as soon as she could update me. Another week passed and I got another call just saying she should have something go offer by next week. So the next week finally I got a call with an offer. I declined and a few days later got a call again with a different offer. Again I declined as I had been offered something better elsewhere. The starting salary is brilliant though it's a shame to turn it down. Up untill my assessment I felt quite looked after but afterwards the process was very slow.

Interview Question – No difficult questions just have to do a lot in advance. Like prepare presentation and visit a store and research company in depth.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered something better elsewhere.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

Interviewed at Vodafone

Interview Details – Poor hr experience... Unresponsive, no updates provided and slow to progress

Interview Question – Off the wall logic/ approach questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Graduate Scheme Interview

Graduate Scheme

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vodafone.

Interview Details – Application form, numerical/verbal tests, telephone interview, selection day.
Assessment day consisted of a group task, a presentation (that you had to prepare beforehand) and an hour long interview.
Interview started asking about school, university, volunteering experiences. Then moved on to competency questions followed by why vodafone etc.
Everyone was very friendly, welcoming and relaxed. Each candidate got given their own 'buddy' for the day.

Interview Question – Challenges in telecoms industry   Answer Question

Head of Delivery Interview

Head of Delivery
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Vodafone in March 2013.

Interview Details – CV summary, 1.5 hours of competency based questions and presentation on a requested topic.

Interview Question – Why we should hire a person seeking a career change?   View Answer

Commercial Manager Interview

Commercial Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Vodafone in July 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interview, one with HR and immediate manager, second with the manager of the manger. 2 interview, one with HR and immediate manager, second with the manager of the manger.

Interview Question – example of influencing the stakeholders   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no ability to negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Newbury, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Vodafone in February 2013.

Interview Details – Really disorganised. The HR department don't seem to know what the department hiring are doing and are awful at letting the job applicants know. I have been for 4 different jobs at their Newbury office and the problems have been the same. HR phone, make the appointment and then you get interviewed by the manager hiring. You then have to rely on HR getting back to you. I had to chase the results as nobody had the good grace to contact me. My last interview was a 2nd interview and I still havent heard from them--- that was 4 months ago. I chased them 4 times and the HR lady promised me she would reply but still nothing. It got to the point that I chased, not because I thought I had the job, but becuase I think it is only polite to get back to someone who has taken 2 days off work to come to an interview at this company and I was determined to get an answer.STILL NOTHING So basically, unless you want to work for a company who doesnt know what is happening and doesnt seem to care about their applicants I would avoid. Seriously, this is not sour grapes. Just a public service. The job I went for was a well paid job at head offfice, not a saturday job but either way it is still no excuse.

Pricing Manager Interview

Pricing Manager

Interviewed at Vodafone

Interview Details – took too long, with insufficient communication - almost gave up

Interview Question – Wouldn't you say your career has stalled?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have set salary bands so tend to offer joining bonuses for any shortfall in expectations

Senior Manager Process Improvement Interview

Senior Manager Process Improvement
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Vodafone in June 2012.

Interview Details – Found the job through LinkedIn. Applied through the website. Prompt contact. Inteview with HR to check basic facts. Then online logic test. Offered to pay for me flying to London for the interview. Very efficient interviewing process - three interviews during one day. Starting with a interview with a more junior person and HR - case study plus general experience questions. Then interview with the head of the unit and one more VP level person.

Interview Question – Typical logic testing case - how much paint does it take to paint all of the British Airways airplanes - to show how you think - estimating number of planes, estimating average plane body area, paint efficiency... Like you would find in strategic consulting companies.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Mamanger Interview

Senior Marketing Mamanger
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vodafone in January 2010.

Interview Details – Talking through CV, particular focus on previous roles / examples relevant to role applied for. Then competency based interview, and explanation of the role in a bit more detail.

Interview Question – Can you talk me through you CV?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vodafone

Worked for Vodafone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vodafone interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vodafone employees and interview candidates.