Vodafone

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburn, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburn, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vodafone.

simple process and the process was well explained by the interviewer. The process lasted for about a month and then the offer was made after that. The rest of the process i.e sending the contract was quick.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Vodafone in April 2014.

Applied online via Vodafone site, uploaded CV and info was taken from it. (24/3/14) Then answered a few customer service questions. Few days later was emailed to say I had been short listed and someone would be in touch soon but in the meantime I was to do a personality questionnaire.
    Then I had a call to arrange a telephone interview for the next morning. It was a competency based interview, but they also asked what I knew about the company and why I chose them. So do some research beforehand.
    Then I was invited to an assessment day. (7/4/14) There was myself and one other. They were expecting more but nobody turned up. (They had assessments all day for a few days though).
    First was a group interview, asking what mobile phone we had, what we thought about the In Store experience etc. Then we had to do a pre prepared presentation. (You get all the info you need in an email a week or so before the assessment) the assessors were store managers. Then we had to do a scenario with a difficult customer and try and sell them something.
    Next was a group assessment we had to come up with an app and sell it to the assessors. And that was it, took about an hour would have been longer if there were more of us.
    Was told I would hear back within 48 hours.
    A week passed. So I emailed them and got a call the next day saying I was successful but they still working out contracts and she would call again as soon as she could update me. Another week passed and I got another call just saying she should have something go offer by next week. So the next week finally I got a call with an offer. I declined and a few days later got a call again with a different offer. Again I declined as I had been offered something better elsewhere. The starting salary is brilliant though it's a shame to turn it down. Up untill my assessment I felt quite looked after but afterwards the process was very slow.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just have to do a lot in advance. Like prepare presentation and visit a store and research company in depth.   Answer Question

Offered something better elsewhere.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vodafone in April 2014.

was ok interview, they ask a lot of in depth personality and performance based questions. It was a hard interview face to face with several on the panel and some difficult questioning

Interview Questions
    • where do you want to be in 20 years time?   View Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Poor hr experience... Unresponsive, no updates provided and slow to progress

Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vodafone.

Application form, numerical/verbal tests, telephone interview, selection day.
    Assessment day consisted of a group task, a presentation (that you had to prepare beforehand) and an hour long interview.
    Interview started asking about school, university, volunteering experiences. Then moved on to competency questions followed by why vodafone etc.
    Everyone was very friendly, welcoming and relaxed. Each candidate got given their own 'buddy' for the day.

Pricing Manager Interview

took too long, with insufficient communication - almost gave up

Interview Questions
    They have set salary bands so tend to offer joining bonuses for any shortfall in expectations

Head of Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Vodafone in March 2013.

CV summary, 1.5 hours of competency based questions and presentation on a requested topic.

Interview Questions
    • Why we should hire a person seeking a career change?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Vodafone in February 2013.

Really disorganised. The HR department don't seem to know what the department hiring are doing and are awful at letting the job applicants know. I have been for 4 different jobs at their Newbury office and the problems have been the same. HR phone, make the appointment and then you get interviewed by the manager hiring. You then have to rely on HR getting back to you. I had to chase the results as nobody had the good grace to contact me. My last interview was a 2nd interview and I still havent heard from them--- that was 4 months ago. I chased them 4 times and the HR lady promised me she would reply but still nothing. It got to the point that I chased, not because I thought I had the job, but becuase I think it is only polite to get back to someone who has taken 2 days off work to come to an interview at this company and I was determined to get an answer.STILL NOTHING So basically, unless you want to work for a company who doesnt know what is happening and doesnt seem to care about their applicants I would avoid. Seriously, this is not sour grapes. Just a public service. The job I went for was a well paid job at head offfice, not a saturday job but either way it is still no excuse.

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Vodafone in July 2012.

2 interview, one with HR and immediate manager, second with the manager of the manger. 2 interview, one with HR and immediate manager, second with the manager of the manger.

no ability to negotiate

Senior Manager Process Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Vodafone in June 2012.

Found the job through LinkedIn. Applied through the website. Prompt contact. Inteview with HR to check basic facts. Then online logic test. Offered to pay for me flying to London for the interview. Very efficient interviewing process - three interviews during one day. Starting with a interview with a more junior person and HR - case study plus general experience questions. Then interview with the head of the unit and one more VP level person.

Interview Questions
    • Typical logic testing case - how much paint does it take to paint all of the British Airways airplanes - to show how you think - estimating number of planes, estimating average plane body area, paint efficiency... Like you would find in strategic consulting companies.   Answer Question