Voice of America Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Voice of America

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Voice of America.

Interview

After sending in my resume and cover letter, it was several weeks when I got an invite for phone interview. We set up a time that would work for me, and they called. There were about 3 other people on the other side of the phone, so I was on loud speaker. Everyone was friendly and interview was actually pretty short, I'd say no more than ten minutes. No hard questions were asked, just the typical tell us about yourself, how did you learn about VOA, what do you want to accomplish here...you know it's unpaid right? They told me they were interviewing a few other people those two days. The next day they called me to tell me I got it :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since there is no pay, there isn't too much that happens. You get emailed by HR and fill out all these forms, and then you should start looking for short term housing in D.C.

International Broadcaster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Voice of America (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

Was easy, I was taken to the waiting area. Getting through the gates was a hustle because of security. Was subjected to a full-body scan and search. I arrived 15 minutes early and it took me 20 minutes to be processed for the search. If you're going there, make sure you arrive atleast 30 minutes early because getting through the security is crazy on a good day.

Interview lasted 2 hours. I was grilled on previous history, domicile, international assignments (I was applying for that job after a stint with RT and CNN).

Interview Questions

• Previous jobs
      Abilities to function on a deadline
      Media Ethics
      Interest for working for the federal government.
      Ability to juggle multiple projects

1 Answer
    • What have you picked up from your foreign service experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I was given an offer for 4k+ of what I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Voice of America (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

A friend recommended me to her former supervisor, interviewed by a HR for basic questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Voice of America.

Interview

one phone interview, and a promotion test.

Interview Questions

• the promotion test was something I have never done before. they gave me three days to promote a video and asked for as much viewing amount as possible, and finally, they asked me to write a report on what i have done to promote the video.   Answer Question