Voith

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Voith IT Sharepoint Developer Interview

Wilson, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Voith in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process starts first with a call from an internal HR recruiter, who asks what is you expected salary range. Once given first round panel interview time is set, you will meet with the local director, and senior leadership, and given a history lesson on the company and it many departments, after which a few question will be asked to validate your knowledge of the position and personality, if all goes well you will have second round interview with the team you will be working with who also have there own challenge questions for you as well. after this if successful an offer will be presented to you.

Interview Question – The difficulty level of the question may very by you not expected to be a rocket scientist or any thing like that just have a good understanding of the actual position.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I asked a few resonable questions and did not get answers, additionally the salary offer was off from the initial salary range I gave at the very beginning and it was a ways off from the state and national salary average for that position. If the salary would have been closer to the state average salary the out come would have been different.

Very Easy Interview

Process Cleaner Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Voith.

Interview Details – Interviewed years ago when Voith established business in Kentucky, therefore I was interviewed and employed by staffing agency after completing 90 days I was hired. Fairly easy, no tough questions. Currently, the interview process is difficult, thorough background check, personality test/safety questions, drug test, any spelling errors on application automatic disqualification, high school diploma required, and depending on the department must pass physical, background on driving history, and multiple interviews.

Interview Question – Company was desperate at the time nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Interview

Wilson, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Voith in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied to job thru company website, I was contacted by them to set up phone interview. It took at least 3 calls in a span of 10 days to contact someone in HR. On the day of the scheduled phone interview after waiting for more than 15 minutes I called them to see if we should cancel. The HR rep was completely clueless as to who I was, she had to check her records ( First Red Flag )!!! She apologized and re-scheduled for the following Friday. I juggled my schedule at work to be flexible. On the day of the phone interview, 30 minutes before the call the HR Rep called me to re-schedule for a later time. I juggled my working schedule once more, and finally on the third try I received the call. The HR Rep was completely disconnected, disorganized, it gave me the impression she was drowning in work, what a turn off. I have no idea if this is a true representation of this company. The call lasted 30 minutes and it was painfull, it was obvious to me this was a Junior person with limited experience. At the end of the call she expressed interest in talking to me further, she scheduled another call for me to talk to someone else. The call never came and I never called back.

Interview Question – Not really unexpected questions. Very basic stuff. I have over 15 years of operational excellence experience. I just felt that for the position I was apllying for I was being interviewed by a teenager.   Answer Question

DGM - Business Development Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Voith.

Interview Details – Through consultant

Interview Question – Explain your most important proud moment in career   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, i negotiated

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Voith in May 2012.

Interview Details – on campus drive on haldia institute of technology. An aptitude test followed by a group discussion and shortlisted candidate are called for final round interview at head office, kolkata

Interview Question – How a football swings on air?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Voith? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Voith interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Voith employees and interview candidates.