Voith

2.0

Training and LMS Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Voith in July 2014.

Worst I have experienced in 20+ years.
    I had to deal with 5+ different HR employees, with varying rates of success, and most were out-of-state. Corporate office is completely disconnected from their branches, and they have a recruiting company 'head-hunting'.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work with people from the South   View Answer

The HR Department is horrible, internal politics and mis-communications are evident across the board.
    Expected BG/DS was Mickey-Mouse on the local side and was sent to 'First Advantage' a company the BBB rates as poor, and took an extraordinary amount of time for them to properly process.
    Time from 1st phone interview to actual start-date, 5+ weeks?!

Voith IT Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilson, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Voith in January 2014.

Interview process starts first with a call from an internal HR recruiter, who asks what is you expected salary range. Once given first round panel interview time is set, you will meet with the local director, and senior leadership, and given a history lesson on the company and it many departments, after which a few question will be asked to validate your knowledge of the position and personality, if all goes well you will have second round interview with the team you will be working with who also have there own challenge questions for you as well. after this if successful an offer will be presented to you.

Interview Questions
    • The difficulty level of the question may very by you not expected to be a rocket scientist or any thing like that just have a good understanding of the actual position.   Answer Question

I asked a few resonable questions and did not get answers, additionally the salary offer was off from the initial salary range I gave at the very beginning and it was a ways off from the state and national salary average for that position. If the salary would have been closer to the state average salary the out come would have been different.

Process Cleaner Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Voith.

Interviewed years ago when Voith established business in Kentucky, therefore I was interviewed and employed by staffing agency after completing 90 days I was hired. Fairly easy, no tough questions. Currently, the interview process is difficult, thorough background check, personality test/safety questions, drug test, any spelling errors on application automatic disqualification, high school diploma required, and depending on the department must pass physical, background on driving history, and multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Company was desperate at the time nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilson, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Voith in December 2010.

Applied to job thru company website, I was contacted by them to set up phone interview. It took at least 3 calls in a span of 10 days to contact someone in HR. On the day of the scheduled phone interview after waiting for more than 15 minutes I called them to see if we should cancel. The HR rep was completely clueless as to who I was, she had to check her records ( First Red Flag )!!! She apologized and re-scheduled for the following Friday. I juggled my schedule at work to be flexible. On the day of the phone interview, 30 minutes before the call the HR Rep called me to re-schedule for a later time. I juggled my working schedule once more, and finally on the third try I received the call. The HR Rep was completely disconnected, disorganized, it gave me the impression she was drowning in work, what a turn off. I have no idea if this is a true representation of this company. The call lasted 30 minutes and it was painfull, it was obvious to me this was a Junior person with limited experience. At the end of the call she expressed interest in talking to me further, she scheduled another call for me to talk to someone else. The call never came and I never called back.

Interview Questions
    • Not really unexpected questions. Very basic stuff. I have over 15 years of operational excellence experience. I just felt that for the position I was apllying for I was being interviewed by a teenager.   Answer Question

DGM - Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Voith.

Through consultant

Yes, i negotiated

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Voith in May 2012.

on campus drive on haldia institute of technology. An aptitude test followed by a group discussion and shortlisted candidate are called for final round interview at head office, kolkata