Volcano Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Volcano Corporation.

Interview Details – Interview process went very well. It was a one on one interview with a very knowledgeable VP. Very direct questions on current process for marketing. They were open to new ideas on marketing.

Interview Question – What would you do differently   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation on salary and benefits went pretty well

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Volcano Corporation

Interview Details – The phone interview was roughly 30 min long. I was being asked many technical questions as well as my past experiences and current projects. The questions were highly technical but they mainly focused on C++. Overall the process was short and simple.

Interview Question – C++ technical questions   Answer Question

Complain Analyst Interview

Complain Analyst
Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Volcano Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was one to one with different managers for which I would be working for/with in case of being hired. They asked general question about myself and what idea do I have with respect to the company and products. Also they describe the job duties and expectations.

Interview Question – Why Volcano?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Volcano Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the HR Manager to verify my skills and qualifications.
I was then invited to meet with the Director and the VP of HR.
Both interviews went very well.
I was asked to give them a minimum of two weeks to make their decision about being invited back for a second interview.
I sent both a thank you letter, and the VP actually responded with indication that we would meet again.
After weeks, and no word from the company, I followed up with an email to both the Director and the VP.
I immediately received an email indicating that they would call me immediately.
The HR Director called me to apologize for not informing me that they move on with another candidate about a week prior. She indicated that she thought that she already communicated to me and that she did not realize that she had forgotten.

I find it difficult that employer expects candidates to be professional, yet they are so unprincipled

R&D Interview

R&D
Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Volcano Corporation in April 2009.

Interview Details – First met with hiring manager and the HR person.
then met at a later date, peers and direct report--about 8 people.
They all seemed to think that their work/products were much more sophisticated and challenging than comparable work in similar companies. A bit of an elitist attitude; an us against the world attitude

Interview Question – How would you manage upwards?   View Answer

Worked for Volcano Corporation? Contribute to the Community!