Volkswagen

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrator Interview

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Volkswagen in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Ms. Robsinon who expressed interested in my resume and asked that I respond with a time to speak that worked for me the following day. She provided a time window and I selected a time that fell within that window. Coincidentally, was off the following day, and had to then plan my day around this supposed phone interview, which was smack dab in the middle of my day off. I also had to spend an hour on their website to be able to speak effectively about the company and the position. Well, I never heard back from her with any kind of acknowledgement of my email, nor did she get back as a COURTESY to let me know fo rsome reason she became uninterested (most likely my salary expectations). RUDE. I did not bother to follow up, because frankly, it makes her look bad as well as that company. I know two other people who had bad experiences with them as well and hear they lowball salary-wise. One of my friends flew to Detroit to interview for a $60K position which she did not get, the other had FOUR INTERVIEWS for an administrative position which fell through, again, she claims NO RESPONSE at all after all the time she invested in the interview process. RUDE RUDE RUDE. Some of these recruiters simply don't READ your full profile before contacting you, then they drop off the map after they initiate contact, which is unprofessional. UNPROFESSIONAL.

Interview Question – When can you speak to me over the telephone about this position?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Administrative Interview

Ajax, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Volkswagen in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for an Administrative position @ Volkswagen Canada. First, they contacted me to book a phone interview, which consisted of simple questions, such as previous experience, skills needed for the job, education, availability, etc. A few days later, they invited me for a face-to-face interview. I was there 20 minutes earlier, since the location was really really far (2 hours from Toronto) and I didn't want to take the risk of being late. I went to a small room with an HR consultant (different from the one who called me) and she had a list of questions, some same as the phone screening, others behavioural. At the end, she told me that she'd give me an answer - either positive or negative - in 3 days, because they were in a rush to hire somebody. Guess what? I NEVER GOT ANY CALL! I sent a follow-up e-mail to the lady who interviewed me and she never replied, which is VERY RUDE, I think. Companies have the right to hire whoever they think is better for a certain position, but please show some respect and give a feedback to the applicant. There's no need to call, but an e-mail would be appreciated. So, my advice for applicants is: be prepared for the interview (which is not tough at all) and to talk about your previous experience and behaviour; but don't wait up for an answer because it may never come. I've read another testimonial here mentioning the same thing, so I guess it's a normal thing for Volkswagen not giving applicants a feedback.

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Volkswagen

Worked for Volkswagen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Volkswagen Administrative interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Volkswagen employees and interview candidates.