Volkswagen Group of America

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.8

Graduate Program Interview

Phone Screening, Skype Interview, and then In person 2 day interview. Great program, but it takes a long time to go through the interview process. You will not speak to a non HR hiring manage until the last step.

Interview Questions
    • Why VW?

Name some of our cars?

Where is the Autp industry headed?

tell us about a time when you handled significant change?

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Was asked to come in to interview on very short notice, which I was not expecting however I had a couple of days to prepare. Interview laid back and they made you feel comfortable. Questions were standard, mainly going over resume and current/previous roles. It seemed as if they wanted to see if I was the right fit for the position.

Quality Monitoring Engineer Interview

Interview was very comprehensive. I was asked direct questions were asked and the manager was very professional. Overall, this was probably the hardest interview I have every don't.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing that a former manager would say that you could improve upon?   Answer Question

This Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Their process is in the stone age. They rely on people who are not qualified for their position in HR so things move slowly without proper communication. Fortunately one of the worst is gone after many years. She has been replaced with someone who is as inept and unqualified, but because this company is too lazy to do the work they rely too heavily on their HR.

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Volkswagen Group of America in June 2014.

The online application was easy and quick. I was contacted within a week or two of submitting my application online. First, I had a phone interview to discuss my availability and a brief review of my past experiences. Next, they called me in to do an in-person interview. The interviewer was extremely friendly! She made me feel comfortable in the interview process and I didn't feel too nervous. Most of the questions were about detailed explanations of my past experiences and skills. She also had asked a couple behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most satisfying event that occurred in one of your past jobs?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Everything went smoothly.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Volkswagen Group of America in March 2014.

Applied for position as internal candidate, submitted resume and cover letter through company website. Was contacted by HR rep to schedule interview. Had a panel interview with Hiring Manager and GM of Department. Standard behavioural questions regarding previous experience, fit for the role, strengths, weaknesses etc. Heard back within 7 days of the interview.

The HR representative that I worked with was very responsive during the process and did a great job following up with me after the interview and answering my questions about the process and what to expect next.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest decision that you have had to make in your career   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Written Correspondence Advocate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America in February 2014.

VW is a contract hiring firm. The firm is very prompt which is great. The interview was quick and easy, other than being magically no longer qualified for the position I had come in for and was hired into a position that I can't seem to get out of and into the position I really did qualify for. A bit misleading. Good people though

No negotiations took place

Manager - 10E Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Volkswagen Group of America in February 2014.

I was very surprised at the low level of professionalism and process at such a large and established corporation. The recruiter was a nightmare to get back in touch with. She wouldn't return my phone calls, she wouldn't respond to my emails, and it was all on her initiation. It took us four days to reconnect to have the phone conversation and set up the in-person interview. The most surprising incident was receiving an auto-generated rejection email after an in-person interview. I work with this company on a daily basis, and I was encouraged to apply for the position at the behest of a Volkswagen employee. I know that most in-person interview candidates receive a phone call if they make it this far. The only really enjoyable experience was the actual in-person interview. The interviewers were awesome and professional and asked great questions.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter actually asked me the heritage/origin of my last name. I'm pretty certain this is a confidential no-no as far as interviewing goes.   View Answer

Employee Relations Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Phone interview after resume received

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Interview over the phone once then met the hiring manager and one other manager, The interviewers seemed not to listen to anything said and were not interested in details. They continued in filling out their interview sheets.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that stands out, all questions were text book questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years ? type of questions   Answer Question
    Good, but what was promised is not what ended up happening either in the job description nor the bonus to receive every year