Volkswagen Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.7

Volkswagen Interview

Interview

Walk in the park. Nothing else to add. Easy. Hire people for position with no experience and degree far from business. A lot of people let go from major automobile companies for unsatisfactory reviews end up getting hired at Volkswagen. It doesn't matter if you have a degree in biology, chemistry, or else, you will end up in business

produktionshelferin Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Volkswagen (Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen (Germany)).

Interview

es war sehr ruhig verlaufen war ein wenig nervös hatte sich dann aber gelegt wir sind die Bewerbung durchgegangen ob ich gesundheitliche Probleme habe.Wie ich zur Arbeit komme. Ob ich Wechselschicht arbeiten kann

Finance Interview

Interview

Application then phone interview, the applications had competency questions. You were then contacted to book a phone interview, iff successful, i failed at this point. The interview was with HR so it was technical.

Driver Assistant Systems - Perception Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Volkswagen in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by email and did a friendly Skype call with two technical managers. Mostly, we talked about the technical stuff from the CV and related to the position. Took less than 3 weeks to get the final response.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical stuff. But, one algorithmic question about double pointer linked lists.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Volkswagen (Roissy-en-France (France)).

Interview

The overall process from first contact to signed contract took 1 month and a half. First got contacted by the HR to see when I would be available for a face to face interviewthat we scheduled 3 weeks later. Then I had an interview with her for about 30min+ and at the end she called the two senior managers that are currently my managers for an other round of 30-40min. I was there at 10am, home at 2pm and got an answer for the position at 3pm saying that I was taken in the team.

As you have senior managers that have been working in the automotive industry for at least 15 years (other people in my team have been here in the group since 30years+) in front of you don't try to trick them as they will see you coming miles away. Just be genuine and do your homework about the group ahead and it will be fine.

Recommendations:
    - If you really are a passionate of cars like I am the interview should go smoothly with the managers as they like passionate and interested people. I don't think they would like someone who is here just to be able to put Volkswagen on their CV.
    - Don't stress yourself, prepare questions about you and the skills that are asked for the job and it should be fine.
    - There are no tricky questions explain why volkswagen and not someone else and learn by heart the 12 brands of the group.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is your best achievement?
      What do you know about Volkswagen group?
      What are the 12 brands in the group?

1 Answer

Negotiation

As it was an internship there were no negotiation possible but the package and the advantages is really great

Undergraduate Placement Interview Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Volkswagen.

Interview

Application process then phone interview, then assessment day. 12 group members at the assessment day. 9 assessors. group presentation, individual presentation and competency based interview. prepare answer about past work experiences. Difficult day.

Interview Questions

• Medium difficulty.
      Q's: why do you want to work for volkswagen

Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Volkswagen in October 2014.

Interview

The Pre-screen process is quick compared to other companies when it comes to online application. However their interview process is too long.Had a phone screen and the interviewer was very casual. The questions are very basic.I did not enjoy the interview as the questions were so mechanical and company was rigid with regards to the requirements for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the trends in the automobile industry?   Answer Question

Project Management Especialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Volkswagen (Cholula, Puebla (Mexico)) in July 2013.

Interview

The fist comunication it's by mail, they ask you to make some evaluations but the most important is te logic one also the german examen, as you know you need it to work here in higher positions, the interview

Interview Questions

• What you contribute to volkswagen as new hiring and what you know about the process of making cars?   Answer Question

I'm interesting been a consultant

Recruitment Project Manager Interview

Interview

2 stage onsite, competency based interview

The process was engaging although the fact that they never came back to me with a decision or any form of feedback has left a really negative impression - they have a lot to learn about improving the candidate experience!

(México) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Volkswagen (Atlixco (Mexico)) in May 2013.

Interview

Uploading Data (Personal, Education etc) in HR portal, answerring psicometric and language test, presentation abaout yourself and one project you had recently done (school or personal), one to one interview with possible future sponsor (the one responsible for your internship)

Interview Questions

• You have to make a 5 in presentation infront of 6-10 sponsors with another 15+ cnadidates, and the sponsors choose among them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it ws fon a 6 months internship