Volkswagen

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.7

Graduate Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Volkswagen in October 2014.

The Pre-screen process is quick compared to other companies when it comes to online application. However their interview process is too long.Had a phone screen and the interviewer was very casual. The questions are very basic.I did not enjoy the interview as the questions were so mechanical and company was rigid with regards to the requirements for the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep up with the trends in the automobile industry?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roissy-en-France (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roissy-en-France (France)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Volkswagen.

The overall process from first contact to signed contract took 1 month and a half. First got contacted by the HR to see when I would be available for a face to face interviewthat we scheduled 3 weeks later. Then I had an interview with her for about 30min+ and at the end she called the two senior managers that are currently my managers for an other round of 30-40min. I was there at 10am, home at 2pm and got an answer for the position at 3pm saying that I was taken in the team.

As you have senior managers that have been working in the automotive industry for at least 15 years (other people in my team have been here in the group since 30years+) in front of you don't try to trick them as they will see you coming miles away. Just be genuine and do your homework about the group ahead and it will be fine.

Recommendations:
    - If you really are a passionate of cars like I am the interview should go smoothly with the managers as they like passionate and interested people. I don't think they would like someone who is here just to be able to put Volkswagen on their CV.
    - Don't stress yourself, prepare questions about you and the skills that are asked for the job and it should be fine.
    - There are no tricky questions explain why volkswagen and not someone else and learn by heart the 12 brands of the group.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is your best achievement?
      What do you know about Volkswagen group?
      What are the 12 brands in the group?

View Answer
    As it was an internship there were no negotiation possible but the package and the advantages is really great

Undergraduate Placement Interview Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Volkswagen.

Application process then phone interview, then assessment day. 12 group members at the assessment day. 9 assessors. group presentation, individual presentation and competency based interview. prepare answer about past work experiences. Difficult day.

Interview Questions
    • Medium difficulty.
      Q's: why do you want to work for volkswagen

Answer Question

(México) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlixco (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlixco (Mexico)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Volkswagen in May 2013.

Uploading Data (Personal, Education etc) in HR portal, answerring psicometric and language test, presentation abaout yourself and one project you had recently done (school or personal), one to one interview with possible future sponsor (the one responsible for your internship)

Interview Questions
    • You have to make a 5 in presentation infront of 6-10 sponsors with another 15+ cnadidates, and the sponsors choose among them.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it ws fon a 6 months internship

Project Management Especialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cholula, Puebla (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cholula, Puebla (Mexico)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Volkswagen in July 2013.

The fist comunication it's by mail, they ask you to make some evaluations but the most important is te logic one also the german examen, as you know you need it to work here in higher positions, the interview

Interview Questions
    • What you contribute to volkswagen as new hiring and what you know about the process of making cars?   Answer Question

I'm interesting been a consultant

Volkswagen Interview

Walk in the park. Nothing else to add. Easy. Hire people for position with no experience and degree far from business. A lot of people let go from major automobile companies for unsatisfactory reviews end up getting hired at Volkswagen. It doesn't matter if you have a degree in biology, chemistry, or else, you will end up in business

Recruitment Project Manager Interview

2 stage onsite, competency based interview

The process was engaging although the fact that they never came back to me with a decision or any form of feedback has left a really negative impression - they have a lot to learn about improving the candidate experience!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Volkswagen in April 2012.

Applied online on the official company site...Three Interviews were taken...General,Technical and HR.. all were very good..particularly the HR.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate our company and your opinion about it ??   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Phone interview then assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • Mostly competency based question.
      What motivates you to join our company

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Volkswagen.

medium difficulty