Volt Information

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Orange, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Volt Information.

Interview Details – Interview process was excellent

Interview Question – Would you be willing to take a decrease in salary, to come help us out. We have a very good annual review process where you will surely be at the top of the list every year with your experience   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Sourcing Specialist
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information in February 2012.

Interview Details – Was simple, went in to interview, got asked basic questions, and pretty much got the job on the spot,

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Executive Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed first by Branch Manager; then, by Regional Manager.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult for me to answer completely.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a set salary in the range I expected; therefore, no negotiations ensued.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information in July 2011.

Interview Details – After one phone interview, I was called in for an in person interview. It was a typical corporate interview, followed by a competency test - which for someone with as many years of experience as I have is unprofessional and insulting. It also shows the management's insecurity in their and the company's ability to make choices and decisions.

Interview Question – Nothing notable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations - just a straight offer.

IT Recruiter Interview

IT Recruiter
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information in April 2009.

Interview Details – 1st: preliminary phone screen; 2nd: in-person panel interview w/ other members of the recruiting team; 3rd: in-person interview with the recruiting manager; last: phone interview/intro w/ my program manager. Lengthy process & took a few weeks w/ so many schedules & since I was working while interviewing.

Interview Question – Was asked to role-play my way through qualifying a job order during the panel interview. That was a little nerve-wracking.   Answer Question

Itunes Email Advisor Spanish/Volt Onsite Interview

Itunes Email Advisor Spanish/Volt Onsite
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Volt Information in May 2012.

Interview Details – You get 2 interviews, one through volt and the second through Apple, both interviews were not that difficult, main reason being that Apple just needed bodies as they were short staffed.

Interview Question – Not a diffucult but unexpected question : Whati internet browser do you use and why?   View Answer

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Accounts Payable Specialist
Redmond, WA

I applied online and interviewed at Volt Information.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online to Volt. I received a phone call to come in to the Redmond, WA location to interview, test, and fill out paperwork. I then had to wait for awhile while. My recruiter kept in touch with me and submitted my to different accounting jobs.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Volt Information

Interview Details – The interview started with a brief phone call to see if I met the minimum requirements for the position. The in face-to-face interview was more in depth and lasted about an hour. The interview consisted of a combination of work history and behavior focused questions. The work history questions consisted of the typical where did I work, how long, and what my responsibilities were. The behavior questions consisted of how I handled a disagreement with my manager, how I would handle a project team member that is consistently turning in late work, and how I would handle a project that is in danger of running over budget. The interview then turned to salary negotiations and hiring for the position.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult project that you worked on and why?   Answer Question

Branch Administrator Interview

Branch Administrator
Woburn, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was brief. Basic questions regarding past experience and ability to support other offices and travel. They had recently lost their Branch Admin unexpectedly, so they were looking to fill the position immediately; their interview process reflected their desperation. The focus was more on how quickly I could start and how quickly I could be trained.

Interview Question – Ability to support other branches in the region and travel to support them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really much room for negotiation, I was clear up front what I expected and they did their best to meet it. They fell short, but I needed to secure a job before I moved, so I had to take it.

Localization Interview

Localization

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Volt Information.

Interview Details – I saw the post online and applied online first. After few weeks, they called me for basic screening. Then, they called again to schedule the interview and sent confirming email. I had the interview with their client. If their client want to use you, they will give you the offer.

Interview Question – Translation test   View Answer