Volt Information

Very Difficult Interview

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Volt Information.

Interview Details – Very long process with multiple people.

Interview Question – How to you handle irate co-workers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took a long time

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Volt Information in September 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is extremely slow for this type of position, I had to drive up to Sacramento to interview on three separate occasions due to one of the Directors "forgetting" we had an interview - not a great way to start. The interview process was extremely simple, basic questions and hypotheticals to determine if my attitude and personality would be a good fit to the office.

Interview Question – What out-of-the-box searching tools would you use to find individuals speaking native Japanese in Sacramento?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation - if you're not happy with the original offer they make you, do not expect to get any more; however, they will tell you that you'll "make more" once you get hired on full time, which wasn't true either.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter

Interviewed at Volt Information

Interview Details – The interview was a lengthy process. Intital phone interview, followed by an in person with the recruiting manager, followed by an in person with the sales manager, followed by an in person with the director of delivery. They then contacted my references. Then I was brought in to shadow the team. I had a final in person with the hiring manager in which I was offered the position. it was probably 3-4 weeks from initial interview to offer. then another 2-3 weeks for everything to clear for a start date.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty typical.   Answer Question

Marketing Writer Interview

Marketing Writer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information.

Interview Details – 1) Phone interview
2) In person interview
3) Drug screening

Negotiation Details – I told them what I needed and they said "OK".

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information in November 2009.

Interview Details – My interview was brief. I met with three individuals for about 30 minutes each. Didn't receive feedback for 2 weeks, but ultimately got an offer.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely no negotiating on salary or benefits.

Talent Coordinator Interview

Talent Coordinator
Frisco, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Volt Information in July 2011.

Interview Details – A quick phone conversation about my background and that lead to an in person interview with the branch manager and area manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make a personal sacrafice for work. It was not a questions I was expecting.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward. I told them exactly how much I wanted to make and what i expected up front.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Orange, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Volt Information in February 2011.

Interview Details – Was pretty straight forward, wanted to see our personalities in the workplace.

Interview Question – Some questions were definitely odd. They were bad, just odd.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really. They gave me a wage rate they were willing to pay and we left it at that.

Very Easy Interview

Various Temporary Staffing Interview

Various Temporary Staffing
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in November 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and had a quick, no B.S. interview with a recruiter. I was offered 3 assignments within 2 days. We talked about my Skill set and whether or not Volt had clients in my commuter range that were looking for temps with my candidate profile, the positions usually had pre-determined experience requirements and it was a Go or No Go type of process.

Interview Question – Typical questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The terms and compensation were predetermined, if the assignment was within my range I often accepted.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Contract Recruiter
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Volt Information in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was actually contacted by the actual company that was using Volt. I had one interview on the phone and one in person. Each lasted around an hour and I interviewed with 4 people total. When it came to the negotiation process, it was smooth and I got basically what I wanted.

Interview Question – How would you utilized social media to effectively recruit for our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When it came to the negotiation process, it was smooth and I got basically what I wanted.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst
East Peoria, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Volt Information in May 2008.

Interview Details – Volt recruiting called me after I submitted my resume. They had me come in for an interview and asked fairly basic technical-scenario questions, seemingly to verify the experience I had listed in my resume was accurate. They also asked a few personality assessment questions, but nothing out of the ordinary or difficult.

Interview Question – "Tell us a little bit about yourself"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made it clear that this was a fixed rate that they started all employees at for this position. I didn't push it, but its possible they would have negotiated I suppose.