Volt Information

2.5

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Volt Information in August 2011.

It was very simple, called the recruiter, emailed a resume, came in took a test to judge my knowledge on technical stuff, toured the work place, had 2 interviews and took a drug test. Very straightforward. However there is a weed out process, if you are late to work, from break or from lunch, three times, you are fired, if you fail 2 quizzes during training (there are a total of about 30) you are fired, if you get less than a 90% on the final, you are fired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe the internet to someone in the 1940s   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Volt Information in August 2011.

Obtain an appointment with account representative and go over resume. The candidate will be matched with a position in which they will interview with the client.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Volt Information in July 2011.

After one phone interview, I was called in for an in person interview. It was a typical corporate interview, followed by a competency test - which for someone with as many years of experience as I have is unprofessional and insulting. It also shows the management's insecurity in their and the company's ability to make choices and decisions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations - just a straight offer.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Volt Information in July 2011.

The interview portion took maybe a grand total of an hour from start to finish. First they started with a technical exam and if you passed that you sat with an agent for 20-30 minutes and listened to calls. Finally, one of the Volt staff would discuss with you whether you were interested in the position still and if you were you were given further instructions to return for drug testing and training.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you currently seeking any other employment or waiting to hear back from anyone?"   View Answer

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Volt Information in July 2011.

A quick phone conversation about my background and that lead to an in person interview with the branch manager and area manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a personal sacrafice for work. It was not a questions I was expecting.   View Answer
    Pretty straight forward. I told them exactly how much I wanted to make and what i expected up front.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Volt Information in May 2011.

Applied for a job on the internet. I was called in for an interview my resume matched the qualifications for the job. I interviewed with management and was chosen.

Developer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Volt Information in April 2011.

Group discussion and personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary.
      Previous experiences dealing with people
        Answer Question
    Accepted the offer as presented.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Volt Information in March 2011.

You first meet with the Delivery Manager (Recruiting Manager) who would be your direct supervisor. You then interview with the Director of Delivery at the Corporate Office. And then you speak to the Corporate Recruiter on how you think it went. Afterwards, you play the waiting game until they either give you an offer or they don't.

No. They low-ball you. Don't accept their first offer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Volt Information in February 2011.

Was pretty straight forward, wanted to see our personalities in the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were definitely odd. They were bad, just odd.   Answer Question
    No negotiation really. They gave me a wage rate they were willing to pay and we left it at that.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Volt Information in February 2011.

Long, drawn out and in the end a 62 year old (me) did not get interviewed for a job in which I have nearly 30 years experience because I wasn't "technically" strong enough (by eval of resume). Local staff recognized I would be an asset and fought to hire me. Remote hiring authority would not interview, even by phone. One of his peers did, but that did no good. Started process 11/2010 and the position is still open.
    Good company, good local people, very negative mind set of remote manager (who is short term with the firm.)
    Volt is a good company to be a contractor thru and a local employee, IF you can become one.

Interview Questions
    • In order to recruit IT personnel, we expect you to be up to date on languages and operating systems. Tell us about your experience.   View Answer