Volt Information

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Volt Information in December 2008.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Usually will submit resume, phone interview with up to 3 people and then face-to-face with up to 3 and sometimes 5 people. They may require that you fly to different parts of the country for these interviews. I personally flew to Denver and Chicago for interviews with upper management.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. They mostly want to know that you're a hunter. They will ask for specific process questions as in how you manage your day/week.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate much. I did get a conditional gaurantee for my first 6 months. It then turned into a gaurantee against commissions.

Senior Director of Employee Benefits Interview

Senior Director of Employee Benefits
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact was made by HR Representative via a phone call to schedule an interview. Interview was scheduled within 5-6 hours from initial phone. Arrived to scheduled interview 15 minutes early, was greeted by a receptionist who mispronounced my name. I met with the VP of HR minutes after I arrived, taken to her office, she conducted the interview with the door to her office opened while employees sat outside in cubicles.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question the VP of HR asked me was: " How are employees added or taken off the plans? I did not understand the question. What she was really was trying to find out was when do new hires enter the plan and when are they termed off the plan.   View Answer

Developer Support Interview

Developer Support
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Volt Information in April 2011.

Interview Details – Group discussion and personal interview.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.
Previous experiences dealing with people
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted the offer as presented.

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information in January 2012.

Interview Details – This is a "workforce consulting" company, but their interview process was horrendous. Regional manager was very excited to set third interview, then disappeared from the face of the planet. No rejection email, phone call, letter, snail mail, skywriting or anything. At least have the courtesy to say you're no longer interested.

Interview Question – What companies would you target first?   View Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Volt Information in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview portion took maybe a grand total of an hour from start to finish. First they started with a technical exam and if you passed that you sat with an agent for 20-30 minutes and listened to calls. Finally, one of the Volt staff would discuss with you whether you were interested in the position still and if you were you were given further instructions to return for drug testing and training.

Interview Question – "Are you currently seeking any other employment or waiting to hear back from anyone?"   View Answer

Quality Interview

Quality
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Volt Information in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of a 45 minute interview conducted by two people who were friendly, nice, and put me at ease by being friendly and conversational. They asked me if I were comfortable, and they gave me a glass of water. They informed me about the client and their needs. They asked me about my qualifications. Also they coached me how to answer certain questions and told me what rate they at which were submitting me to the client.

Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Volt Information in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was called regarding my resume and told there was an open position. I then received a questionnaire to fill out. 2 days later I was called and offered the position.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are a good fit for apple?
why do you want to work for apple?
what are two strengths and two weaknesses?
what hours are you available?
  Answer Question

IT Support Interview

IT Support
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in August 2011.

Interview Details – You walk in to interview with manager and tech lead in lrage conference room. There is no tour of work environment or meeting coworkers. They tell you what you will be doing but you have no idea of what your in for until your first day. Everything is third rate from the desks where you work to the chairs in which you sit. They give you a very rudimentary setup to begin work. They say they'll train you but they don't everything... and I mean everything is hit or miss there. It is simply a miracle that they are in business as long as they are.

Interview Question – What was your most challenging experience in IT?
What was your most difficult situation?, etc.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. I was desperate for work at the time I was looking for a good place to begin setting roots as a permanent employee where I could make a difference. This place is about as receptive to rooting as a craggy outcrop of rocks. It is not conducive to a healthy employment.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in May 2012.

Interview Details – I'm a registered job candidate for an indefinite time now, yet I do not not find Volt Jobs resourceful nor effective to battle this ailing economy. How does one go about when there is nothing to offer?? I have never been invited into their physical office, amid their numerous physical global office locations, or been contacted directly by a recruiter. Their job database productive flow is without technical error unlike the standard Taleo or Kenexa recruiting employment platform. However, I encompass a lot of technical positions in my employment search travels.

Interview Question – Have you submitted your resume online? Just go online and do so then a recruiter will contact you.   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Miami, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Volt Information in March 2012.

Interview Details – I just started the interview process with phone interview. I will update next week with more info

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last employer?   Answer Question