Volt Information Interview Questions

2.5

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Volt Information in December 2008.

Very long interview process. Usually will submit resume, phone interview with up to 3 people and then face-to-face with up to 3 and sometimes 5 people. They may require that you fly to different parts of the country for these interviews. I personally flew to Denver and Chicago for interviews with upper management.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. They mostly want to know that you're a hunter. They will ask for specific process questions as in how you manage your day/week.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate much. I did get a conditional gaurantee for my first 6 months. It then turned into a gaurantee against commissions.

Senior Director of Employee Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in August 2012.

Initial contact was made by HR Representative via a phone call to schedule an interview. Interview was scheduled within 5-6 hours from initial phone. Arrived to scheduled interview 15 minutes early, was greeted by a receptionist who mispronounced my name. I met with the VP of HR minutes after I arrived, taken to her office, she conducted the interview with the door to her office opened while employees sat outside in cubicles.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question the VP of HR asked me was: " How are employees added or taken off the plans? I did not understand the question. What she was really was trying to find out was when do new hires enter the plan and when are they termed off the plan.   View Answer

Developer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Volt Information in April 2011.

Group discussion and personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary.
      Previous experiences dealing with people
        Answer Question
    Accepted the offer as presented.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information in January 2012.

This is a "workforce consulting" company, but their interview process was horrendous. Regional manager was very excited to set third interview, then disappeared from the face of the planet. No rejection email, phone call, letter, snail mail, skywriting or anything. At least have the courtesy to say you're no longer interested.

Interview Questions
    • What companies would you target first?   View Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Volt Information in July 2011.

The interview portion took maybe a grand total of an hour from start to finish. First they started with a technical exam and if you passed that you sat with an agent for 20-30 minutes and listened to calls. Finally, one of the Volt staff would discuss with you whether you were interested in the position still and if you were you were given further instructions to return for drug testing and training.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you currently seeking any other employment or waiting to hear back from anyone?"   View Answer

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Volt Information in June 2012.

Interview consisted of a 45 minute interview conducted by two people who were friendly, nice, and put me at ease by being friendly and conversational. They asked me if I were comfortable, and they gave me a glass of water. They informed me about the client and their needs. They asked me about my qualifications. Also they coached me how to answer certain questions and told me what rate they at which were submitting me to the client.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Volt Information in May 2012.

I was called regarding my resume and told there was an open position. I then received a questionnaire to fill out. 2 days later I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are a good fit for apple?
      why do you want to work for apple?
      what are two strengths and two weaknesses?
      what hours are you available?
        Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in August 2011.

You walk in to interview with manager and tech lead in lrage conference room. There is no tour of work environment or meeting coworkers. They tell you what you will be doing but you have no idea of what your in for until your first day. Everything is third rate from the desks where you work to the chairs in which you sit. They give you a very rudimentary setup to begin work. They say they'll train you but they don't everything... and I mean everything is hit or miss there. It is simply a miracle that they are in business as long as they are.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenging experience in IT?
      What was your most difficult situation?, etc.
        View Answer
    No negotiating. I was desperate for work at the time I was looking for a good place to begin setting roots as a permanent employee where I could make a difference. This place is about as receptive to rooting as a craggy outcrop of rocks. It is not conducive to a healthy employment.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in May 2012.

I'm a registered job candidate for an indefinite time now, yet I do not not find Volt Jobs resourceful nor effective to battle this ailing economy. How does one go about when there is nothing to offer?? I have never been invited into their physical office, amid their numerous physical global office locations, or been contacted directly by a recruiter. Their job database productive flow is without technical error unlike the standard Taleo or Kenexa recruiting employment platform. However, I encompass a lot of technical positions in my employment search travels.

Interview Questions
    • Have you submitted your resume online? Just go online and do so then a recruiter will contact you.   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Volt Information in March 2012.

I just started the interview process with phone interview. I will update next week with more info