Volt Information Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.5

Developer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Volt Information (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Group discussion and personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary.
      Previous experiences dealing with people

Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted the offer as presented.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Volt Information (Torrance, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

You first meet with the Delivery Manager (Recruiting Manager) who would be your direct supervisor. You then interview with the Director of Delivery at the Corporate Office. And then you speak to the Corporate Recruiter on how you think it went. Afterwards, you play the waiting game until they either give you an offer or they don't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. They low-ball you. Don't accept their first offer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Volt Information (Orange, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Was pretty straight forward, wanted to see our personalities in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were definitely odd. They were bad, just odd.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation really. They gave me a wage rate they were willing to pay and we left it at that.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Volt Information (Nashville, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

Long, drawn out and in the end a 62 year old (me) did not get interviewed for a job in which I have nearly 30 years experience because I wasn't "technically" strong enough (by eval of resume). Local staff recognized I would be an asset and fought to hire me. Remote hiring authority would not interview, even by phone. One of his peers did, but that did no good. Started process 11/2010 and the position is still open.
    Good company, good local people, very negative mind set of remote manager (who is short term with the firm.)
    Volt is a good company to be a contractor thru and a local employee, IF you can become one.

Interview Questions

• In order to recruit IT personnel, we expect you to be up to date on languages and operating systems. Tell us about your experience.   1 Answer

Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Volt Information (Oxford, MS) in February 2011.

Interview

simple questions just to determine if you are and individual that will come to work and work hard easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not negotiable the interview was simple but it took forever over a year to get a call. Once I was called I took a test that basic skills test and that was it ipassed it and was about two weeks later sscheduled for orintations

Technical Support Tier I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Volt Information (San Antonio, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

First contact was with a recruiter (phone). He told me they really need tech support reps and that I would be a good fit given my resume. He tells me to come in and "see if I would like this job", at which point you sit with someone who has been there awhile and listen in on calls. Set up a one on one interview for a week later, but before that I had to take a 30 question test on wireless connections, tv cabling, etc. If passed, then you would meet with interviewer which I did and she gave me another "test" verbally though not as long. Got a job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If you have gone through all troubleshooting steps to get a person's tv svcs working and they still don't, what would you have them check?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here, and if hired what are you looking for careerwise?   1 Answer

Various Office Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Volt Information (Bellevue, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

I interviewed for a specific advertised position, then was discussing placement in several other positions. I observed: 1) The one on one interview was very brief, with little attention paid to my qualifications 2) The position I was applying to was no longer available, but the recruiter told me they jest left jobs on their site for 90 days until they dropped off automatically rather than remove them 3) The recruiter called me later to offer positions that I was vastly overqualified for 4) When one short term offer actually sounded interesting I accepted it, then was called back days later to be told I was overqualified and the offer was withdrawn (try reading my resume next time). 5) It was obvious during our conversations that the recruiter simply didn't have any understanding of some job order requirements ie. didn't know the difference between a Sharepoint user and administrator.
    Conclusion: Recruiter is skating by on the fact that there are lots of competent people looking for work now and if you randomly placed someone with minimum experience in a position there is a good chance they will do well.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your last two positions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Never even got there.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Volt Information (Austin, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

I was actually contacted by the actual company that was using Volt. I had one interview on the phone and one in person. Each lasted around an hour and I interviewed with 4 people total. When it came to the negotiation process, it was smooth and I got basically what I wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would you utilized social media to effectively recruit for our company?   Answer Question

Employee Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Volt Information (Sacramento, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied to the position online and was called by the corporate recruiter a few weeks after. I was then set up to meet with the Branch Manager and was told to dress "very nice" because the manager was picky about clothes. I only met with the branch manager and I spoke about my background and experience.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any difficult questions. It was a standard interview- I talked about my experience and how I thought it could benefit the company.   Answer Question

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Volt Information (Chico, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone call into a group information session then a drug test. less than 1 week