Volt Information Interview Questions

2.5

Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Volt Information in February 2011.

simple questions just to determine if you are and individual that will come to work and work hard easy

Interview Questions
    not negotiable the interview was simple but it took forever over a year to get a call. Once I was called I took a test that basic skills test and that was it ipassed it and was about two weeks later sscheduled for orintations

Technical Support Tier I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Volt Information in January 2011.

First contact was with a recruiter (phone). He told me they really need tech support reps and that I would be a good fit given my resume. He tells me to come in and "see if I would like this job", at which point you sit with someone who has been there awhile and listen in on calls. Set up a one on one interview for a week later, but before that I had to take a 30 question test on wireless connections, tv cabling, etc. If passed, then you would meet with interviewer which I did and she gave me another "test" verbally though not as long. Got a job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • If you have gone through all troubleshooting steps to get a person's tv svcs working and they still don't, what would you have them check?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work here, and if hired what are you looking for careerwise?   View Answer

Various Office Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Volt Information in January 2011.

I interviewed for a specific advertised position, then was discussing placement in several other positions. I observed: 1) The one on one interview was very brief, with little attention paid to my qualifications 2) The position I was applying to was no longer available, but the recruiter told me they jest left jobs on their site for 90 days until they dropped off automatically rather than remove them 3) The recruiter called me later to offer positions that I was vastly overqualified for 4) When one short term offer actually sounded interesting I accepted it, then was called back days later to be told I was overqualified and the offer was withdrawn (try reading my resume next time). 5) It was obvious during our conversations that the recruiter simply didn't have any understanding of some job order requirements ie. didn't know the difference between a Sharepoint user and administrator.
    Conclusion: Recruiter is skating by on the fact that there are lots of competent people looking for work now and if you randomly placed someone with minimum experience in a position there is a good chance they will do well.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do at your last two positions.   View Answer
    Never even got there.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Volt Information in November 2010.

I was actually contacted by the actual company that was using Volt. I had one interview on the phone and one in person. Each lasted around an hour and I interviewed with 4 people total. When it came to the negotiation process, it was smooth and I got basically what I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • How would you utilized social media to effectively recruit for our company?   Answer Question

Employee Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Volt Information in October 2010.

I applied to the position online and was called by the corporate recruiter a few weeks after. I was then set up to meet with the Branch Manager and was told to dress "very nice" because the manager was picky about clothes. I only met with the branch manager and I spoke about my background and experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any difficult questions. It was a standard interview- I talked about my experience and how I thought it could benefit the company.   Answer Question

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Volt Information in September 2010.

Phone call into a group information session then a drug test. less than 1 week

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Volt Information in June 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Volt for a controls engineer position. The interviewer asked about 5 or 6 behaviorial interview questions. I was never contacted back to move further in the interview process.

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Moline, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Moline, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Volt Information in May 2010.

Spent an hour a a coffee shop with a panel of three interviewers with an open conversation about the position and what is expected of me in the position. One of the most if not the most comfortable interviews i have ever had.

Interview Questions
    As a Volt Temp employee there was nothing i could negotiate.

Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Volt Information in February 2010.

Pretty standard fare. Phone interview. Coding questions. Interview loop involved 4 people as I recall.

Interview Questions
    • Write an algorithm which takes as input a node and returns whether or not the tree structure contains a loop. Assume that a node has at most two pointers to children, but no pointers to parents.   Answer Question

IT Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Volt Information in February 2010.

The first interview was over the phone and were basic to intermediate level (based on position) questions. I was then called in for a face-to-face interview in which I was interviewed by the manager of one of the groups, and 2 other managers that I would be dealing with if I was hired for the position.

Interview Questions
    not much negotiation....I asked for the number I was asking and they met it.