Volt Information

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Director Interview

Finance Director
Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information in January 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then asked to return for separate interviews with 3 executives. They seemed harried & rushed. The type of questions asked indicated there were some serious problems with the finance area.

Interview Question – How would you reorganize?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Various Office Positions Interview

Various Office Positions
Bellevue, WA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Volt Information in January 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a specific advertised position, then was discussing placement in several other positions. I observed: 1) The one on one interview was very brief, with little attention paid to my qualifications 2) The position I was applying to was no longer available, but the recruiter told me they jest left jobs on their site for 90 days until they dropped off automatically rather than remove them 3) The recruiter called me later to offer positions that I was vastly overqualified for 4) When one short term offer actually sounded interesting I accepted it, then was called back days later to be told I was overqualified and the offer was withdrawn (try reading my resume next time). 5) It was obvious during our conversations that the recruiter simply didn't have any understanding of some job order requirements ie. didn't know the difference between a Sharepoint user and administrator.
Conclusion: Recruiter is skating by on the fact that there are lots of competent people looking for work now and if you randomly placed someone with minimum experience in a position there is a good chance they will do well.

Interview Question – What did you do at your last two positions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Never even got there.

Senior PCB Designer Interview

Senior PCB Designer
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process included interviews with all concerned personnel: peers, managers of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and operations, HR

Interview Question – How much time does it take you to complete a layout?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Web Developer III Interview

Web Developer III
Redmond, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in January 2010.

Interview Details – Submit resume to recruiter, manager selects you, interview, get the job ... or not

Interview Questions

• Write a function that accepts an integer, and returns whether the number is a prime.   View Answer
  • Given a jpg layout, write as much code as you possibly can to reproduce the layout.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Recruiter has an offer. Reject it, ask for more ... always!!!

Very Easy Interview

Temp Interview

Temp
Chico, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone call into a group information session then a drug test. less than 1 week

Interview Question – When are you available?   View Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Controls Engineer
Columbus, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter from Volt for a controls engineer position. The interviewer asked about 5 or 6 behaviorial interview questions. I was never contacted back to move further in the interview process.

Interview Questions

Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test II
Redmond, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Volt Information in June 2008.

Interview Details – After talking with the recruiter, they set me up with 2 interviews on-site at Microsoft. Two days after both interviews, I heard back from the recruiter with an offer, which I accepted the next day.

Interview Question – Write a function to determine if two binary trees contain the same data & structure.   Answer Question

Photo Editor Interview

Photo Editor
East Moline, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in May 2010.

Interview Details – Spent an hour a a coffee shop with a panel of three interviewers with an open conversation about the position and what is expected of me in the position. One of the most if not the most comfortable interviews i have ever had.

Interview Question – What do you know about Keywording   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As a Volt Temp employee there was nothing i could negotiate.

Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test II
Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in February 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty standard fare. Phone interview. Coding questions. Interview loop involved 4 people as I recall.

Interview Question – Write an algorithm which takes as input a node and returns whether or not the tree structure contains a loop. Assume that a node has at most two pointers to children, but no pointers to parents.   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer III1 Interview

Software Design Engineer III1

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Volt Information in July 2007.

Interview Details – Friend sent my resume to MS, and received a call from Volt to notice me they wanted to interview me. I told them I did not want to talk through the phone, so I got confirmation for an in-person interview two-weeks after. I had three 1:1 interviews each for one hour. The questions are focused on bacis knowledges of software engneering and small codings including: how to find a dup integer in an integer array (1 to n); how to convert Rome Clock time (use I, V X as numbers) to digit clock. The interviewers are very nice. After another two weeks, I got a call from recuiter and have a salary discussion.

Interview Question – Write a function converting a roma clock time to a digit clock time   Answer Question