Volt Information

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information in November 2009.

Interview Details – My interview was brief. I met with three individuals for about 30 minutes each. Didn't receive feedback for 2 weeks, but ultimately got an offer.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely no negotiating on salary or benefits.

Torrance, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information in March 2011.

Interview Details – You first meet with the Delivery Manager (Recruiting Manager) who would be your direct supervisor. You then interview with the Director of Delivery at the Corporate Office. And then you speak to the Corporate Recruiter on how you think it went. Afterwards, you play the waiting game until they either give you an offer or they don't.

Interview Question – Why do you believe you should be chosen?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. They low-ball you. Don't accept their first offer

Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on the phone September 28, asked to come in for interview on Oct 3rd.

Interview went very well I thought. Interviewed with the branch manager and the regional manager.

This next part was the most unprofessional, disrespectful and inconsiderate interview I've ever seen.
After the interview I was told I'd hear about a second interview by the end of the week, Oct 7th, that came and went, that next Tuesday I emailed the manager Oct 11th and asked about the follow up, was told he was still doing interviews and would let me know by the end of the week. That came and went again, I happened to run into the Regional Manager at a concert that next Monday, Oct 17th, he asked if I can been asked to come back for a second interview, told him I had not heard back yet. He then told me that he would talk to the Branch Manager and contact me tomorrow. That didn't happen either. I called Friday Oct 21st, no call back. I called again Monday Oct 24th, I got an email back from the manager this time. He explained that he had tried to call and couldn't get through to my phone (all he needed to do was dial the area code), he asked me to call him back. I did.

We spoke for a few minutes, now I know that if you haven't heard back on an interview in 3 weeks, that's not a good thing. So I already know I didn't get the job, just upset that he didn't have consideration for my time.

The next part I felt was very disrespectful, while on the phone he explained to me why I didn't get the job and that he had filled both positions already. He also went on to explain how he really liked me and that if "I had one more position to fill, I'd hire you" I found that insulting, if I was really that close to getting the position, I'd assume I'd get a second interview, which I did not.

I don't feel this is a Volt issue, just an issue with the Manager in Boise. I found this to be the most negative experience in hiring to date. I've worked in the Staffing industry before and never seen this disregard for other's time.

Interview Question – If you are having issues filling a job and you've looked everywhere, what do you do next?   View Answer

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Volt Information in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process started with the Delivery Manager contacting me in regards to my resume submission. Following this, the Delivery Manager setup a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. The questions were about my background and skills, and were pretty general. Following this, I was invited in for a one on one interview with the Delivery Manager. I felt the interview went well, and the Delivery Manager then asked me if I would be open to meeting one on one with the Business Development Manager (same day.)

Following this, I was invited back for a panel style interview with the Regional Business Development Director and Regional Delivery Director. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and contained a lot of questions on experience, skills, and situational questions. The next week I received an email stating that they had changed directions and were no longer in need of a recruiter. They stated that they were very impressed by me and that no one was hired instead of me. Not sure if this was true, but an overall positive experience.

Interview Question – Name your three biggest strengths and three biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Volt Information

Worked for Volt Information? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Volt Information Recruiter interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Volt Information employees and interview candidates.