Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.4

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Cerritos, CA).

Interview

Initial interview with Branch Manager and if you are liked. Branch Manager will proceed to have you meet with the team (individually). Then will meet with the Regional Area Manager and possible Director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When I was offered the opportunity in 2005 - they gave me what I wanted at the time since I was not interviewing for a Recruiter position at that time.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Orange, CA).

Interview

Interview process was excellent

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to take a decrease in salary, to come help us out. We have a very good annual review process where you will surely be at the top of the list every year with your experience   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences in December 2013.

Interview

Relaxed interview selection process. Scheduled to fit my work schedule. Interview was on time and took about thirty minutes. Work and expected results were not discussed during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Wether or not I would take the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary rate

Global Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Three step interview, phone 30 minutes, in-person, 30 minutes, team 30 minutes. Each interview was based on the background that prepared me for the job, what I did, and how I could apply this to the position. They asked about my technological skills too.

Interview Questions

• What you did in a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Redmond, WA).

Interview

I submitted my resume online to Volt. I received a phone call to come in to the Redmond, WA location to interview, test, and fill out paperwork. I then had to wait for awhile while. My recruiter kept in touch with me and submitted my to different accounting jobs.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The interview started with a brief phone call to see if I met the minimum requirements for the position. The in face-to-face interview was more in depth and lasted about an hour. The interview consisted of a combination of work history and behavior focused questions. The work history questions consisted of the typical where did I work, how long, and what my responsibilities were. The behavior questions consisted of how I handled a disagreement with my manager, how I would handle a project team member that is consistently turning in late work, and how I would handle a project that is in danger of running over budget. The interview then turned to salary negotiations and hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult project that you worked on and why?   Answer Question

Warehouse Receiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Sacramento, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was a pain. It took 3 weeks after the orientation to bring me in for the first day on the job.They granted me the position but kept giving me the run around about when my actual start date would be. Very unprofessional staffing agency. They don't take complaints seriously. I had to urge them to finally give me a specific starting date before they actually called me in for "additional training." keep in mind it was a mindless job. HR was the worst, they did not handle any employees concerns with the least standard of conduct.

Interview Questions

• all very basic interview questions. pointless interview really.   Answer Question

Localization Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

I saw the post online and applied online first. After few weeks, they called me for basic screening. Then, they called again to schedule the interview and sent confirming email. I had the interview with their client. If their client want to use you, they will give you the offer.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

Very long process with multiple people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took a long time

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

The interview was a lengthy process. Intital phone interview, followed by an in person with the recruiting manager, followed by an in person with the sales manager, followed by an in person with the director of delivery. They then contacted my references. Then I was brought in to shadow the team. I had a final in person with the hiring manager in which I was offered the position. it was probably 3-4 weeks from initial interview to offer. then another 2-3 weeks for everything to clear for a start date.