Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.4

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Tempe, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview portion took maybe a grand total of an hour from start to finish. First they started with a technical exam and if you passed that you sat with an agent for 20-30 minutes and listened to calls. Finally, one of the Volt staff would discuss with you whether you were interested in the position still and if you were you were given further instructions to return for drug testing and training.

Interview Questions

• "Are you currently seeking any other employment or waiting to hear back from anyone?"   1 Answer

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Frisco, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

A quick phone conversation about my background and that lead to an in person interview with the branch manager and area manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a personal sacrafice for work. It was not a questions I was expecting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. I told them exactly how much I wanted to make and what i expected up front.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

After one phone interview, I was called in for an in person interview. It was a typical corporate interview, followed by a competency test - which for someone with as many years of experience as I have is unprofessional and insulting. It also shows the management's insecurity in their and the company's ability to make choices and decisions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations - just a straight offer.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied for a job on the internet. I was called in for an interview my resume matched the qualifications for the job. I interviewed with management and was chosen.

Developer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Group discussion and personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Previous experiences dealing with people   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted the offer as presented.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Torrance, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

You first meet with the Delivery Manager (Recruiting Manager) who would be your direct supervisor. You then interview with the Director of Delivery at the Corporate Office. And then you speak to the Corporate Recruiter on how you think it went. Afterwards, you play the waiting game until they either give you an offer or they don't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. They low-ball you. Don't accept their first offer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Orange, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Was pretty straight forward, wanted to see our personalities in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were definitely odd. They were bad, just odd.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation really. They gave me a wage rate they were willing to pay and we left it at that.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Nashville, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

Long, drawn out and in the end a 62 year old (me) did not get interviewed for a job in which I have nearly 30 years experience because I wasn't "technically" strong enough (by eval of resume). Local staff recognized I would be an asset and fought to hire me. Remote hiring authority would not interview, even by phone. One of his peers did, but that did no good. Started process 11/2010 and the position is still open. Good company, good local people, very negative mind set of remote manager (who is short term with the firm.) Volt is a good company to be a contractor thru and a local employee, IF you can become one.

Interview Questions

• In order to recruit IT personnel, we expect you to be up to date on languages and operating systems. Tell us about your experience.   1 Answer

Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Oxford, MS) in February 2011.

Interview

simple questions just to determine if you are and individual that will come to work and work hard easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not negotiable the interview was simple but it took forever over a year to get a call. Once I was called I took a test that basic skills test and that was it ipassed it and was about two weeks later sscheduled for orintations

Various Office Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Bellevue, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

I interviewed for a specific advertised position, then was discussing placement in several other positions. I observed: 1) The one on one interview was very brief, with little attention paid to my qualifications 2) The position I was applying to was no longer available, but the recruiter told me they jest left jobs on their site for 90 days until they dropped off automatically rather than remove them 3) The recruiter called me later to offer positions that I was vastly overqualified for 4) When one short term offer actually sounded interesting I accepted it, then was called back days later to be told I was overqualified and the offer was withdrawn (try reading my resume next time). 5) It was obvious during our conversations that the recruiter simply didn't have any understanding of some job order requirements ie. didn't know the difference between a Sharepoint user and administrator. Conclusion: Recruiter is skating by on the fact that there are lots of competent people looking for work now and if you randomly placed someone with minimum experience in a position there is a good chance they will do well.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your last two positions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Never even got there.