Volunteers of America

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Direct Support Professional II Interview

Direct Support Professional II

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Volunteers of America.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair. I filled out the application there and after the interview I took a personality test. You have to take a drug test and get TB shots. I believe i got the information for that after my second interview with the RC

Interview Question – I cant really remember specific questions but all of them pertained to teamwork, previous experience in the field etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. If you have experience they will start you as a DSP II and if you dont they will start you at DSP I (10.50)

Site Supervisor Interview

Site Supervisor
North Hollywood, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Volunteers of America in June 2014.

Interview Details – I will drive. one interview. I applied on line with my transcripts,resume and cover letter after two month they call me for an interview. there will a interview panel.they will ask about head start program.

Interview Question – how to handle when two preschool kids are fighthing ?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Care Giver Interview

Care Giver
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Volunteers of America.

Interview Details – You are called in and asked a few questions regarding your resume and questions about yourself. You are then told about the company and the culture, followed by the position details. After that, if they are interested in you they ask if you would still be interested in the position.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told the pay amount and hours and asked if I accepted the position.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Occupational Therapist
Maplewood, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Volunteers of America in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process was pretty painless and typical to my experiences at other jobs.

Interview Question – Give an example of a difficult patient and how you managed to get him/her to participate in therapy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate, but they did not change their offer.

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Front Desk Supervisor
Bronx, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Volunteers of America in June 2013.

Interview Details – Have a degree and confidence in your work. Volunteers of America is in need of front desk

Interview Question – Why do you feel you are suited for this position?   Answer Question

Residential Counselor Interview

Residential Counselor
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Volunteers of America.

Interview Details – There were multiple interviews, the interviewers did not give a realistic overview of the job duties.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything I haven't been asked before...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation, it was a set offer.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse
Madison, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Volunteers of America.

Interview Details – started out rocky due to the office losing my application twice, but had several years of good work with supervisor

Interview Question – Not really any problems initially, but then too much drama all around and changing of upper management became frequent   Answer Question

Food Service Manager Interview

Food Service Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Volunteers of America in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired after the previous person in the position was fired. I was doing the dishwasher position at the time. It was fair and the questions were appropriate for the position.

Interview Question – How would you decrease the overstock of inventory   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was one-sided because they just said this is what the salary is and no negotiation took place.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

Interview Details – Interviewed with the Manager

Interview Question – Who do you considered clients of HR.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was set

Teacher Interview

Teacher
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Volunteers of America in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was easy to apply. Just be certain to fill out the application completely. I was contacted within 2 days of application and my interview was within 1 week.

When I arrived for the interview, the receptionist was friendly and helpful and I felt welcome. After the interview I was offered a tour of the school, and got to see a class in session.

I recieved a phone call within 2 days of the interview with a job offer.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was "how would you deal with a physical altercation in your classroom"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Volunteers of America

Worked for Volunteers of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Volunteers of America interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Volunteers of America employees and interview candidates.