Volvo Information Technology

Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.8

Remote Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Volvo Information Technology in April 2014.

Interview set-up through staffing company. Very informal. A few technical questions. Just remember to keep your answers simple and direct. Don't think too hard about the questions. It was a fairly simple interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Not anything really difficult, just don't over-think your answers.   Answer Question

IT Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Volvo Information Technology.

Started out filling out an application online. About two weeks later I was given an interview. I was interviewed by several people. it was a non intimidating environment that felt good to be in. I believe they look at your personality to see if you will fit into the team you will be working for. Very open interview and you really felt like you were talking with old friends.

I would suggest that you present yourself in a very professional manner and lighten up a bit. You will be asked lots of questions and they are looking for sincere answers only. Do not beat around the bush and be honest with your answers. They are looking for team players that will benefit the group.

It was the easiest interview I have ever had. Relax, be yourself and you will succeed. Sell yourself as an individual with skills and not a skilled individual. If you can do that you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are totally prepared in advance. They almost seem scripted. No trick questions or no difficult questions. Be yourself, act natural and you will see that is all they are looking for.   Answer Question
    Negotiations are simple. They call you back, advise you of an offer and to check your email. You either accept or decline. You might take a little step back from where you were but it all pays off in the long run. One of the best things I have ever done.

Software Developer Interview

There were 3 interviews overall.

First one was by phone with the recruiter from HR division, she asked how I came to now about the internship, what do I know about the Volvo group, my salary expectations, etc.

Second one was a general-knowledge IT test and an english test undergoing at one of the Volvo IT Buildings, with a group of 5-7 other candidates. During the tests candidate specified his/hers work preferences, i.e. whether he'd like to work in .Net, java, SAP or helpdesk.

Last one was a phone conversation with a technical employee (it was an software architect, I think) lasting ~20 minutes.He asked various technical questions, most of them quite irrelevant for determining a good software developer intern candidate. For example 40% of the interview he asked about class/members access modifiers in .NET, there were NO questions regarding Object oriented design, SOLID principles (I've grown to suspect that not many volvo's software developers know about these - the horror !), etc. There was a question about TDD, but the interviewer expected the standard formula about red-green-refactor, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Salary expectations - it a taboo in my culture, and as an inexperienced intern I had no clue how to value my work. Also this question was probably pointless as (or so I heard), in the end, everyone was offered the same compenstation.   Answer Question
    Compenstation was "take it or leave it".

SAP Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Volvo Information Technology.

Processes and policies are quite loosely coupled, like they rarely recruit on permnt role but when they do its very few positions. so its more of a first come basis. Otherwise intervw questions are quite business oriented and as a SAP guy if you hv good understanding of the biz module you can crack it.

Interview Questions
    • If prior exp is from Automobile industry, then might be asked for explaining previous projects and process and chanllenges   Answer Question
    not much negotiable as they are not good payers

Applications Developer Interview

3 interviews.
    One with Renault Trucks S.A.S. HR.
    One with the Line Managers
    One with Volvo IT Head of HR.

Interview Questions
    There xas no negotiation at all

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Volvo Information Technology in June 2013.

Got a call from the recruiter. A week later Interview was scheduled. Interview was F2F technical followed by Manger and HR discussion. Interview was not so tough, brush your basics well.There would be possibly two managers rounds, functional and line manager.Functional manager could be some one who is sitting in Sweden or France mostly

Java J2EE Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Volvo Information Technology in January 2013.

The interview lasted for more than a hour and it was simply superb... I am 5 years and 3 months experienced, found the interview very friendly and very professional with no nonsense questions... the interview started with basics of Java and he informed me that he don't need any bookish answers. All he needed is the reference from the projects in which it was implemented.

After the interview was over, I felt that I should have prepared much better for Volvo. I am not satisfied with my performance but will again apply in few months, if I am not offered now.

Java Platform
    Webservices
    Servlets

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Volvo Information Technology in August 2012.

Very bad experience.. Interviewing people had a lot of attitude problem. The interview was just a namesake, the position was already freeze internally (I believe lots of politics happens in this company)... Its not worth at all to attend an interview..

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked actually..!! just asked to tell about myself during which interviewing people were totally busy in their communicator chats, mail checking and other discussions. It was just a one side show..   Answer Question

IT Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Volvo Information Technology.

Very Easy

Need to do a very hard negotiation

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gothenburg (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gothenburg (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Volvo Information Technology in July 2012.

All positions are communicated internally and externally
    Interest and passion for the industry is important
    Personal beliefs and values should resonate with the Volvo Way

Interviews conducted by hiring manager/s and HR rep

Interview Questions
    • How do you ensure that your plans are being carried out and executed on?   View Answer
    Depends on what country you are looking at, but generally follow HR policies and standards.