Volvo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Volvo

Interview Details – I applied the internship program online. The hiring manager contacted me back about one month later and asked if i was still interested in the position. The interview was scheduled the next day. The interview process was easy though. I met with the hiring manager and the managing director of the department I applied for. They asked me to talk about myself and raised questions based on my resume. I got offer a few days later.

Interview Question – Interview questions were commonly asked.   Answer Question

National Sales Intern Interview

National Sales Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Volvo.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter to schedule the interview. On the day of the interview, the recruiter called asking to reschedule because one of the hiring managers had a meeting. Never got in touch to reschedule; I then sent a follow-up email. He replied back that he is working with the hiring team to find a day to reschedule. The next day I got an email that I am no longer in consideration. Worst company I have ever scheduled an interview with. Complete lack of professionalism.

Purchaser Interview

Purchaser
Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Volvo.

Interview Details – Very Detailed but friendly

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult people not willing to work or better the team?   Answer Question

America's Workforce Manager, Human Resources Interview

America's Workforce Manager, Human Resources
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Volvo in January 2013.

Interview Details – This was a difficult interview. Questions were disjointed, and were not focused. For a one time interview that made a final decision it was too general, did not really involve me. A decision was made and Not much was asked about my possible contribution to the position.

Interview Question – They really only talked about themselves. Very cold environment.   Answer Question

Accounts Interview

Accounts
Texas City, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Volvo in December 2009.

Interview Details – Wonderful, open communication and willing to teach. quite open to all types of questions and also some questions on how you handle diffcult situation. it's a one to one interview and basically ask you about the job history and the basic where you see yourself in 3 to 5 years time. Hard question will be why i would want to hire you and way you can contribute to the company.

Interview Question – describe a diffcult situation and how you go round it   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Co-op Interview

Reliability Engineer Co-op

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Volvo.

Interview Details – Submitted an online application. A couple of days later I recieved a phone call by the hiring manager and they asked me a few questions about what I have been studying in college and my interests in this field. I gave a very brief discription about my studies and only went into detail about the energy audit project I was currently doing. The manager said I will hear something from HR. I didn't recieve a phone call or an email for about 6 to 9 weeks. Then HR called me and asked if I was still going to start on the original start day given. They talked as though I had been hired this whole time; however, this was confussing to me. I had a background check and a hair examination drug test. I believe that took about 4 weeks for the result of the background check.

Negotiation Details – The offer was non-negotiable.

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Gothenburg (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Volvo.

Interview Details – Very, very slow process (10 months in my case). They were quite thorough in their research and we started off with an hour phone screen with a VP and a technical expert in the area. I passed that and was invited in for a fairly quick meeting. After that meeting, where I mostly listened, I had to take a personality test and an intelligence test. I had to then sit through a psychiatric type interview with someone hired by the company to help evaluate potential managers. After that, it was still a few weeks before I was formally offered the job. After some back and forth we came to agreement and I accepted.

Interview Question – The psychiatric interview was new ground for me. I have never undergone something like that...so, it wasn't one question in particular, but just getting through that was difficult I felt.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave them my opening figure and they came back with their final number, which was only a bit lower than mine...but they offered a car and some other perks that offset it.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Volvo in December 2012.

Interview Details – *written

Interview Details – Work Life Balance to say about interview process

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Volvo in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview mainly had 2 technical rounds and 1 HR round.
Questions were mainly related to work that I have done in my previous jobs.Few questions were on my basic technical skills.

Interview Question – Nothing really   Answer Question

Worked for Volvo? Contribute to the Community!