Volvo

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

3.4

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Volvo.

A phone interview followed by a company visit. The interview process may be up to 6 rounds including HR. Expect a technical round and prepare with basic Mechanical Engineering Related questions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions based on welding and material properties like young's modulus yield strength. A simple static question and some geometry related question regarding plane   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Applied through the Volvo career website and been followed up by an HR later . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . .. .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had a technical challenge and how did you solved it ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied the internship program online. The hiring manager contacted me back about one month later and asked if i was still interested in the position. The interview was scheduled the next day. The interview process was easy though. I met with the hiring manager and the managing director of the department I applied for. They asked me to talk about myself and raised questions based on my resume. I got offer a few days later.

National Sales Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Volvo.

Was contacted by the recruiter to schedule the interview. On the day of the interview, the recruiter called asking to reschedule because one of the hiring managers had a meeting. Never got in touch to reschedule; I then sent a follow-up email. He replied back that he is working with the hiring team to find a day to reschedule. The next day I got an email that I am no longer in consideration. Worst company I have ever scheduled an interview with. Complete lack of professionalism.

Purchaser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Volvo.

Very Detailed but friendly

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult people not willing to work or better the team?   Answer Question

America's Workforce Manager, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Volvo in January 2013.

This was a difficult interview. Questions were disjointed, and were not focused. For a one time interview that made a final decision it was too general, did not really involve me. A decision was made and Not much was asked about my possible contribution to the position.

Interview Questions
    • They really only talked about themselves. Very cold environment.   Answer Question

Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Volvo in December 2009.

Wonderful, open communication and willing to teach. quite open to all types of questions and also some questions on how you handle diffcult situation. it's a one to one interview and basically ask you about the job history and the basic where you see yourself in 3 to 5 years time. Hard question will be why i would want to hire you and way you can contribute to the company.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Volvo in November 2014.

sélection sur cv et qualifications, puis entretien sur soonru (logiciel en ligne où un "robot" pose des questions : 1 minute de réflexion sur la question puis 2-3 minutes pour répondre) puis entretien de vive voix avec le service ressources humaines basé en france

Reliability Engineer Co-op Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Volvo.

Submitted an online application. A couple of days later I recieved a phone call by the hiring manager and they asked me a few questions about what I have been studying in college and my interests in this field. I gave a very brief discription about my studies and only went into detail about the energy audit project I was currently doing. The manager said I will hear something from HR. I didn't recieve a phone call or an email for about 6 to 9 weeks. Then HR called me and asked if I was still going to start on the original start day given. They talked as though I had been hired this whole time; however, this was confussing to me. I had a background check and a hair examination drug test. I believe that took about 4 weeks for the result of the background check.

The offer was non-negotiable.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gothenburg (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gothenburg (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Volvo.

Very, very slow process (10 months in my case). They were quite thorough in their research and we started off with an hour phone screen with a VP and a technical expert in the area. I passed that and was invited in for a fairly quick meeting. After that meeting, where I mostly listened, I had to take a personality test and an intelligence test. I had to then sit through a psychiatric type interview with someone hired by the company to help evaluate potential managers. After that, it was still a few weeks before I was formally offered the job. After some back and forth we came to agreement and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • The psychiatric interview was new ground for me. I have never undergone something like that...so, it wasn't one question in particular, but just getting through that was difficult I felt.   Answer Question
    I gave them my opening figure and they came back with their final number, which was only a bit lower than mine...but they offered a car and some other perks that offset it.