Volvo Trucks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.7

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

I first applied through a career website. After almost a month, I received an email to do a phone screen. The phone screen went well. After three more weeks of waiting, I received a follow-up email about scheduling an on-site interview. I interviewed with three different people, each interview lasted an hour. I waited almost a month and a half before receiving an answer. I sent follow-up emails with no responses. I first found out the position was filled because one of my LinkedIn connections announced she got the job. Three days later, I received the "Dear John" email.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks.

Interview

It was a very informal conversation. I was called by the hiring manager directly and it mainly involved him describing what the position would entail. He asked me a few things about whether or not I had worked in a similar environment before.

Interview Questions

• Q. Have you worked in cross-functional/reporting environment before?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Interview

Basic interview questions asked. Tell me about your self? What do you like to do? What do you want out of a Co-Op?, are you willing to live in Hagerstown, MD? etc. I had a phone interview. Then negotiated a starting date and was contacted by HR soon after it was rather straight forward.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Greensboro, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Job positing was online through the Volvo Truck web site. Initial contact was through a phone screening interview by a Human Resources representative. The Human Resources representative was very polite and professional. We reviewed details of resume and general professional background. Questions were also asked about the reasons for looking at Volvo Truck for employment. After the general review, we discussed background and skills relevant to specific posting.

Interview Questions

• Background specific to manufacturing specialty, chassis, for position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks in October 2014.

Interview

all behavioral questions along with some general questions about me. They spent a long amount of time talking about the company and the roles of the engineers as well as the interns. there was one HR person and one engineer. They were all very friendly and I thought the interview went well.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Hagerstown, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Very easy to average interview of the panel type, very polite people, I highly recommend attempting to get hired at Volvo. The panel of people were very knowledgeable, gave plenty of time to answer the questions and also gave very good feedback. very clean plant and professional environment to interview in.

Interview Questions

• Breifly describe your knowledge of lean manufacturing.   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks in May 2014.

Interview

I first received a call March 2014 to visit the Hagerstown, MD Powertrain Plant for an onsite interview. I scheduled the onsite interview two weeks later over spring break. The morning of the interview I received a call, and was told that it was cancelled and the position had been filled. Two months later I received a call again from the same recruiter asking me if I was still interested in the position and that I had to make an on-the-spot decision (I should've taken note that whoever he had hired the first time must not have thought much of the plant because I too was a little deceived of the job description). With no other job opportunities lined up I said sure. I started late May and ended early June.

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Hagerstown, MD).

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by three one on one face to face interviews. They were unstructured and I believe they knew they wanted tohire me before I had arrived. The face to face was just a formality. It was not very structured. More like a conversation than an interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Contact by HR Phone interview with Hiring Manager 1 day interview with 6 different people - 5 hours long Offer Extended

Negotiation

fine

International Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volvo Trucks (Greensboro, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Good communications and travel arrangements. Was a very easy process for attending interview. Had two interviewers, and both were very professional. One interview covered personality profile, and was very insightful. the other interview was with position supervisor, who discussed the company and the position and answered all questions concerning the position.