Von Maur Full Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2014
Updated Nov 28, 2014

2.6

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Von Maur in September 2014.

Interview

Had two interview, both painless. Traditional questions, how would you do this with a customer, etc. Have you had previous sales experience, what are you goals, why do you want to work here. Also asked which department interests you. What do you expect from them as an employer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Von Maur

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Von Maur (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very attentive and detailed questions and interaction with senior management and department personnel, every store has an HR rep who is helpful and complete in explaining all matters relating to postion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation however, after I started, I learned that many in the store were able to ask (and receive) a higher starting wage so whatever they offer you, always aske for at-least $2-$3 more per hour....you'll probably get it, they did at my location (Chicago).

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Von Maur (Louisville, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the store manager a week later. He conducted a phone interview which I passed. I was then invited in for an interview with a sales manager. I passed this as well. I had one final interview with the HR Director. I succeeded and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• None were too difficult. Typical questions about past experiences in sales or with difficult customers, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Von Maur (Livonia, MI).

Interview

I was called shortly after applying online. I came in and interviewed with an HR assistant (position is no longer there), then was asked if I could stay for a second interview. I was interviewed by a floor manager. The interviews were very typical, they asked a bunch of nonsense questions and scenarios. I personally don't understand this sort of hiring process it gives you no sense of who you are about to hire. By the time I drove home, 10 minutes, I received a call asking if I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions. They were all what would you do if given this situation. Or name a time where you had to work with a team. The questions were all like that. Most of the time I didn't believe that my answer really mattered, just that I was talking eloquently and kept conversation going without hesitating.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. But they were not clear about what I would be payed. I kept being told $10 an hour or 10%, and I had no clue what that meant. I worked in the shoe department and that department is commission only and you get 10% of your sales.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Von Maur (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied on-line one day and was basically called the next. I missed the call so I returned it the next day. The woman asked me if I had a minute for a few questions. She then asked questions that were related to my application. Like why there were a number of years that I was unemployed. She wanted to know why. Then she asked me if I could come in the next day. I could not but I said that I could the following. We agreed on a time for two days later. I first met with one person. After a half hour interview she asked if I could come back in an hour for another interview. I said that was fine. I came back for the second interview an hour later and again it lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• She asked about when a coworker broke a policy of the company I worked for what did I do.   1 Answer

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Von Maur (Wichita, KS) in April 2011.

Interview

I walked in and asked for an application. She directed me to an instore computer to apply on. An hour or so after I applied, they called and I had a pleasant phone interview, There was two one on one interviews. They asked me very detailed and specific questions about previous customer service experience. After that, HR called and offered me the position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Name a previous instance where you did not support a decision or policy of management, and what did you do as a response?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Von Maur (Dayton, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

The process was quite nice, interviewed with 3 people very easily, everything went pretty fast. First was the dept. manager, then that particular floor's manager, then the store manager. All were very nice in the interviews but.. my opinion on that changed after a little bit. THERE ARE some nice managers at Von Maur.. but you have to look real hard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay was the most I had ever made as a young-person, the most we negotiated was if there were any future date(s) I needed to be scheduled off for.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Von Maur (Livonia, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

First, I received a phone call about my application, which turned into a phone interview. I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview the following week. In the 1:1 interview, I was asked all the same questions as the phone interview, plus a few additional. The interviewer hardly made eye contact, she was too busy scribbling down every word that I said. Very standard interview questions. I was asked to come in for another 1:1 interview in a few days with a different person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Von Maur?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you were in a stressful situation and you had to think on your feet.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above-and-beyond customer expectations.   Answer Question

The environment was just too uptight.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Von Maur (Columbus, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Was called and did a phone interview. Afterwards I was called in to do a one on one interview. I was asked about previous work experience.

I knew I didn't get the job by the end of the first interview and received a letter confirming I didn't get it 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What did you like and dislike about your previous manager   Answer Question

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Von Maur in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process is standard. I submitted my resume online and the next day I received a phone call which consisted of about a 20 minute interview. I came in the next day and met with two different people and was asked standard interview questions. If you are professional and well spoken and have some background in retail or sales you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of your way for a customer.   Answer Question