Von Maur Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Floor Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Von Maur.

Interview

Took 4 hours. A lot of questions. Understandable due to the position. They let you read the job description after the interview and ask if you have additional questions and answer them thoroughly.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Von Maur (Des Moines, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

Dress in regards to their dress code. Dress or skirt, hosiery, closed toe shoes, and shoulders covered. Be prepared for many "Tell me about a time.." prompts. If they tell you they will contact you soon after the interview, and if you haven't heard from them after 2 days, call them! I did this and it prompted them to check with my references ASAP and I immediately got a call back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Von Maur? Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Von Maur.

Interview

i had received a phone call the same week i applied. they asked me basic questions and from there scheduled me for a 1:1 interview with hr/manager. in all there was 1 phone inter view, 1;1 with HR and, 1;1 with store manager

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Pretty straight-forward, everyone is very friendly and interview is one-on-one. They ask questions you would expect, but it may vary from department to department. 1. Phone interview 2. HR/Manager interview 3. Store manager interview if needed

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time you set a goal and how you were able to reach it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Von Maur in June 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews I did and both were back to back (they asked me to stay for the second). Both of them were very polite but did ask a number of different situational questions, rather than more formal questions about experience. I received a call from my first interviewer 3 days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• One question I was asked was to describe a time in which I had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Shoes Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Von Maur (Moline, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very tedious and particular. They ask a lot of questions and they want you to provide specific examples. Very detail oriented. I had 3 interviews before I was hired. They were extremely timely though and called me exactly when they said they would. My store manager and HR manager are very lovely and kind ladies who is were very personable and willing to answer any questions I had about the job. They were even willing to work around my strange summer schedule and give me more time off than they normally would.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you went out of your way to help a customer   Answer Question

Stock and Housekeeping Associate Interview

Interview

Received a phone call day after I applied online, a quick phone interview the lady was interested in m6 availability. Set up a date for a 1:1 interview. Lots of situational questions "Tell me a time when" type questions. Afterwards set a up a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• what does Von Maur have to do to keep you as a n employee   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Von Maur (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone call or two and was scheduled for an interview with a very nice floor manager, Ashley. She was super nice, informative, and seemed very competent and shared her career path with Von Maur. I was very impressed until she got to the dress code part. Women expected to wear long sleeves, skirts, conservative style, neutral colors. No go for me. Get with the 21st century, seriously sexist company. I ended the interview right there!!

Interview Questions

• No unusual questions; interviewer was super nice.   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Von Maur (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

First they call you with a mini phone interview. If you don't royally screw up they will then offer you a regular interview in store with the human resources manager. The interview is standard with no crazy questions. If you do well in that interview they will then schedule you another interview with the store manager. They say that interview should last up to 45 minutes but mine lasted a solid 5-10.

Interview Questions

• Which department you would like to work in?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Von Maur in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days. Interview Applied online, was contacted two days after. They conducted a short phone interview. They asked about my avalibility, why I wanted to work for the company, how long I saw my self working there, and other standard questions. The next day or the day after they sent me email that I am rejected.