Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Von Maur
- Sales Associate (40)
- Part Time Sales Associate (13)
- Full Time Sales Associate (11)
- Executive Training Program (8)
- Department Manager (7)
- Sales Representative (5)
- Loss Prevention Associate (4)
- Part-Time Sales Associate (2)
- Software Engineer/Architect (2)
- Cosmetics Counter Manager (2)
- Customer Service (2)
- Customer Service Associate (1)
- Counter Manager (1)
- Cosmetic Sales (1)
- Part Time (1)
- Associate (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Clerical (1)
- Buyer (1)
- Buyer's Assistant (1)
- Merchandiser (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Floor Manager (1)
- Sales Manager (1)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (1)
- Sales (1)
- Cosmetics Beauty Advisor/Consultant (1)
- Von Maur Executive Training Program (1)
- Customer Service Desk Associate (1)
- Sales Associate, Women's Shoes (1)
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Von Maur.
i had received a phone call the same week i applied. they asked me basic questions and from there scheduled me for a 1:1 interview with hr/manager. in all there was 1 phone inter view, 1;1 with HR and, 1;1 with store manager
- why do you want to work at von maur? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
Pretty straight-forward, everyone is very friendly and interview is one-on-one. They ask questions you would expect, but it may vary from department to department. 1. Phone interview 2. HR/Manager interview 3. Store manager interview if needed
- Q: Name a time you set a goal and how you were able to reach it Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Von Maur in June 2015.
There were two interviews I did and both were back to back (they asked me to stay for the second). Both of them were very polite but did ask a number of different situational questions, rather than more formal questions about experience. I received a call from my first interviewer 3 days later with a job offer.
- One question I was asked was to describe a time in which I had to make a quick decision. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Von Maur (Moline, IL) in June 2015.
Very tedious and particular. They ask a lot of questions and they want you to provide specific examples. Very detail oriented. I had 3 interviews before I was hired. They were extremely timely though and called me exactly when they said they would. My store manager and HR manager are very lovely and kind ladies who is were very personable and willing to answer any questions I had about the job. They were even willing to work around my strange summer schedule and give me more time off than they normally would.
- Name a situation where you went out of your way to help a customer Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive Experience
Received a phone call day after I applied online, a quick phone interview the lady was interested in m6 availability. Set up a date for a 1:1 interview. Lots of situational questions "Tell me a time when" type questions. Afterwards set a up a 2nd interview.
- what does Von Maur have to do to keep you as a n employee 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Von Maur (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.
I had a phone call or two and was scheduled for an interview with a very nice floor manager, Ashley. She was super nice, informative, and seemed very competent and shared her career path with Von Maur. I was very impressed until she got to the dress code part. Women expected to wear long sleeves, skirts, conservative style, neutral colors. No go for me. Get with the 21st century, seriously sexist company. I ended the interview right there!!
- No unusual questions; interviewer was super nice. 1 Answer
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Von Maur (Iowa City, IA).
First they call you with a mini phone interview. If you don't royally screw up they will then offer you a regular interview in store with the human resources manager. The interview is standard with no crazy questions. If you do well in that interview they will then schedule you another interview with the store manager. They say that interview should last up to 45 minutes but mine lasted a solid 5-10.
- Which department you would like to work in? 2 Answers
Helpful (1)No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Von Maur in April 2015.
I applied online. The process took 2 days. Interview Applied online, was contacted two days after. They conducted a short phone interview. They asked about my avalibility, why I wanted to work for the company, how long I saw my self working there, and other standard questions. The next day or the day after they sent me email that I am rejected.
- Why I want to work part time job? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Von Maur (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.
I fill out a online application a day later some one Human resources call for a phone interview. The phone went well two days later call me for one on one interview it seem it was going well how ever i call to check to see if was going to hire me. The Hr Manager said she go with other candidates never told me why.
- Tell me a time you had a stressful day 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Von Maur.
A LOT of "Tell me about a time when..." questions. I got interviewed my two different floor managers (not at the same time, got asked questions by one manager and then she asked if I had time to meet with the other manager to be interviewed). They both will end up asking the same questions (at least they did for me), so the second interview is a bit easier because by then you can just repeat what you said to the other manager. If you havent had a job before, you can just use examples from everyday life or from school. They also do a phone interview, depending on how you answer those questions they will either invite you in for a face to face interview or will tell you they will get back to you. If they say the latter, expect to get a letter in the mail basically saying they don't want to further the employment process.
- Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult co-worker. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review