Von Maur

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Moline, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Von Maur.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and was called the next day. I was given an on the spot phone interview. I then scheduled a traditional in person interview.

I must have done well on the first interview, because they scheduled me for a second interview with the store manager that same day.

I was called the next week and offered a position.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a time you had to think on your feet and respond to an unexpected change   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Part-Time Sales Associate
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Von Maur in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online at www.vonmaur.com and was called within 48 hours of my submission. The first call verified the information on the application and I was asked if I would like to come into the store for an initial interview. A time was scheduled for the next day. I met with the HR supervisor and one floor manager. Questions were routine, why do you want to work at Von Maur, what do you expect from an employer, ect. A few days on a Saturday I interviewed with a second floor manager on following Monday I was offered a position.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you felt you went above and beyond to help a customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation needed. It was a part time retail position.

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Von Maur in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call the next day. I went through two interviews; one with the HR assistant manager and the second with the head HR manager.

Interview Question – Think of a time where you had to reach some type of goal.   Answer Question

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Von Maur in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview takes place in 3 stages. First, you are contacted for an over the phone interview and if they are interested in you after the phone conversation they will set up an in-store interview. The in-store interview will mostly likely take place with a HR manager. If the in-store interview goes well they will set up an interview with the store manager. If all 3 interviews go well they will conduct a background and reference check and contact you with a decision and offer. Landing an in-store interview is the biggest challenge. I applied 3 times before ever getting an in-store interview.

Interview Question – The questions asked are very repetitive. They want to see if you are consistent with your answers and not just making up things as you go n   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Von Maur in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview day after applying, set up face to face interview two days after phone interview. Went in, talked to store manager and department manager in the same day. Very friendly individuals, if you've done your research you'll do fine.

Interview Question – A time you extended unpleasant feedback to coworker   Answer Question

Beavercreek, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Von Maur in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted two days after. They conducted a short phone interview. They asked about my avalibility, why I wanted to work for the company, how long I saw my self working there, and other standard questions. They then scheduled me for an in person interview. This interview was with two people. They asked me a lot of questions about situations I had been in with customers at previous; "name a time when you went above and beyond what a customer expected" type questions. I was scheduled for another interview with the floor manager. At this interview there was more of the same situational questions. I was then given specifics about the job such as salary and benefits. They called my references and I was then offered the position.

Interview Question – Name a time when you failed to reach a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Von Maur in May 2012.

Interview Details – questions on the phone didnt receive a call back

Interview Question – why work for us   Answer Question

Worked for Von Maur? Contribute to the Community!