Vonage Interview Questions

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vonage (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me regarding the job opportunity. Had a high level phone screen with the hiring manager, which went well. Came in for an in-person interview a week later.

In-person interview was over 4 hours long. Overall, the interview process was somewhat disorganized. I was asked the same questions multiple times by different interviewers and never really felt welcome or comfortable. The vibe was just "off".

First meeting was with two developers where we covered shell scripting, database queries/design, and a code review. They were pretty pleasant and I felt that this session went really well.

Second interview was with a senior and junior developer. The two seemed bombarded me with esoteric core java questions, design patterns, etc, but disappointingly never asked me about more holistic real-world problems I've solved. Ultimately, I felt like they wanted someone who was a walking Java encyclopedia.

Finally, they had me work on a rather difficult coding problem and I felt like I was under a lot of pressure in terms of time -- they offered little help when I struggled to find a starting point. The young guy in the room was rude, condescending, and distracting -- passing notes, fidgeting, talking, etc. He tried to help towards the end, but made me very uncomfortable throughout.

Third interview was with the VP. I thought this went OK. He asked about my resume, past projects, and some higher level technical questions. I'm not sure what the objective was since he didn't ask any behavioral questions.

Even though I was there for 4+ hours, I didn't have an in-person interview with the hiring manager at all, which was rather odd.

I'm not surprised that they decided to pass, but I'm OK with that. They aren't doing anything new or groundbreaking -- all things I've done several times in the past. There are better opportunities out there.

Interview Questions

• In Java, how do you convert string "123" to a number. I knew this, but was drawing a blank during the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vonage (Kissimmee, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

First of all I was sent to Kissimmee at the plaza Del Sol to meet a General Manager but had to wait at the food court and when he came in asked us to sit at a table at the food court.
     He had no documents then asked to see my ID and asked for my social which I refused to give and told him I was not comfortable with the setting.
    He did not even ask for my resume or asked questions about myself.
    As far as I know a social is to be submitted when a decision for hiring is established.
    I walked away and contacted the recruiter .
    I contacted the recruiter and explained the matter and was in disbelief at his approach.

Advanced Operations Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vonage.

Interview

The more you bring to the table in terms of education, the better. College degree required. Test was very basic.The more you bring to the table in terms of education, the better. College degree required. Test was very basic.The more you bring to the table in terms of education, the better. College degree required. Test was very basic.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vonage in July 2014.

Interview

Got a call back from a recruiter, and got an interview with a GM two days later. I met with him at a Starbucks, and he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What don't you like about your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Vonage.

Interview

Meet with a recruiter at a Starbucks, then spoke with the manager about the job details and what I will be doing. Took a drug test and 3 day training and within two weeks I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything

Director Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by people who did not know how to do their job. I had to laugh, they were trying to hire someone to do the job they where hired for.

Interview Questions

• Cleary these guys did not know enough to ask a question...lol. The only thing of value was, i found out that i could get vonage for 10 bucks per month. I was paying 33 bucks per month. I switched to the 10 bucks per month and cancelled a month later, i was a customer for 8 years. I think they are doomed!   Answer Question

I could not go on with the interview process, it was embarrising. I told the VP thanks for your time and GOOD LUCK.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vonage.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiting manager, and then in person interview with manager and VP.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, only asked a few questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

some negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Vonage.

Interview

I honestly don't know if it was just me or what but the interview with rather good. We met at Panera Bread. We introduced ourselves and had a conversation more so than a interview. Of course at times i waited for him to ask his questions but he was really cool. He offered me the job and everything. If your nervous about a interview with vonage don't be they are really nice and want to hire people.

Interview Questions

• he asked me to tell him three things you can do with a pen besides write with it, just to see how long it would take.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none... u get alittle above min. wage and commission

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vonage (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was very simple i when through a staffing company did a voice test, then have a phone interview, then had a face to face interview with the manger at vonage that was on a monday but wednesday they call and check my references and thursday i got an email that i go the job!!!

Interview Questions

• If you had to to an kitchen appliance what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

i didn't the pay was way more then I'm making now

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vonage (Holmdel, NJ).

Interview

1:1 interview with a use case that spanned through different interviewers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not very good at negotiating. Salaries are low.