Vonage Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
26 interviews

2.6

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vonage in July 2014.

Got a call back from a recruiter, and got an interview with a GM two days later. I met with him at a Starbucks, and he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What don't you like about your current job?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Vonage.

Meet with a recruiter at a Starbucks, then spoke with the manager about the job details and what I will be doing. Took a drug test and 3 day training and within two weeks I got the job.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate anything

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vonage in March 2013.

The process was very simple i when through a staffing company did a voice test, then have a phone interview, then had a face to face interview with the manger at vonage that was on a monday but wednesday they call and check my references and thursday i got an email that i go the job!!!

Interview Questions
    • If you had to to an kitchen appliance what would you be and why?   Answer Question
    i didn't the pay was way more then I'm making now

Director Interview

I was interviewed by people who did not know how to do their job. I had to laugh, they were trying to hire someone to do the job they where hired for.

Interview Questions
    • Cleary these guys did not know enough to ask a question...lol. The only thing of value was, i found out that i could get vonage for 10 bucks per month. I was paying 33 bucks per month. I switched to the 10 bucks per month and cancelled a month later, i was a customer for 8 years. I think they are doomed!   Answer Question

I could not go on with the interview process, it was embarrising. I told the VP thanks for your time and GOOD LUCK.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holmdel, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Vonage in September 2010.

Miserable hiring process. Not genuine not about experience. HR is really just a cog in the wheel. They don't care about you they are only concerned about their appearance to Senior Management and their Board. It is not a traditional HR department where their is a concern for your future and advancement. They are just concerned with ensuring that the company makes money.

Interview Questions
    • How successful have you been at getting consumers to buy a product,.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate. All of the money is for their Senior most people.

Recruiter Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vonage.

Phone interview with recruiting manager, and then in person interview with manager and VP.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, only asked a few questions.   View Answer
    some negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vonage in June 2011.

first is phone interview, they get information from recruiter, sometimes is referred by internal
    and then onsite 1:1 interview, this session takes one day and 5 managers from dev and phone team and QA team and VP. the most hard one is make the one who reallt hired you happy.
    then issue official offer with salary and benefits

Interview Questions
    • the most hard one is make the one who reallt hired you happy.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holmdel, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vonage in July 2009.

First interview was a basic skills test. Passing the test is the will bring you to the next step. That is a second interview with one of the supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are based on what you have to know when working there.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vonage in May 2009.

Early on when the company was a startup I interviewed with the CEO and other senior leadership

Senior Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Holmdel, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Vonage in February 2013.

Good process, fair dealing, very set on organizational process and policies and procedures, demonstrate very minimal flexibility through negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for me step by step the process required to complete this function on this particular type of software.   Answer Question

Lacked flexibility in negotiations, organizational focus not employee focus, non-transparent.

Worked for Vonage? Contribute to the Community!