Vons

56 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Deli Clark Interview

Deli Clark

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vons.

Interview Details – Really easy. Applied online got an email to come in for an interview the manager read questions from some docs. Got a call the next day and offered the job.

Interview Question – Name your favorite food or drink and try to sell me on it.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk

I applied online and interviewed at Vons.

Interview Details – Really easy and laid back. I had no work experience going in and they just wanted to know how I plan to benefit the store. They wanted to make sure that I could work as a team with other workers and provide valuable customer service. They ask you to tell them about yourself and if you will work hard.

Agoura Hills, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Vons in June 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in and they said they were doing interviews that day so they would give me one too. Thirty minutes later I was upstairs in the break room and the Hiring Manager was asking me a few simple questions. I had no preparation for the interview and was still able to easily answer all the questions.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions, it was all personal questions: my availability, my ability to handle rude/angry customers, how long I plan to keep the job, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't really anything to negotiate.

Meat Department Manager Interview

Meat Department Manager
Santa Barbara, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Vons in September 2010.

Interview Details – Basic interview, asked allot of personality questions but overall, these were the same standard questions
that you receive at most big retail establishments. Questions like "how did you resolve this difficult situation or what about this job makes you a good fit"

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult customer and what methods did you use to solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Bagger Interview

Bagger

Interviewed at Vons

Interview Details – Process took a few days, I applied in person and they asked me a few questions. Then they called me a day later for an interview and I got the job

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

La Jolla, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Vons in June 2014.

Interview Details – its one in one interview with supervisor . it was pretty easy interview she ask basic questions like why i wanna work there , what customer service means to me . it went well she explain the wages.

Orange, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Vons in August 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in to the store and asked to speak to a manager, and when spoken to she instructed me to meet her next week for an interview. Interview was extremely easy, barely any questions were actually asked.

Interview Question – Why vons?   View Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Vons.

Interview Details – Initial communications first started online. There were a series of interviews, then some test. There is a trial period to see what type of employee you would be; and if you would be reliable enough to stay employed with the company. You are tested mentally, and physically.

Interview Question – Are you willing to start the assistant manager responsibilities   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – terms of employment, I don't remember it was too long ago

Combo Clerk Interview

Combo Clerk
Chatsworth, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Vons in January 2010.

Interview Details – Went well the manager at the time really did a good job at getting to know me. She walked me around the store introduced me to everyone it was a very great interview experience.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vons in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email notification for an interview. The interview didn't go so well as I wasn't that prepared and my schedule is not looking good as a full time student. The interview took place in the backroom of the store with a store manager in her cubicle. The interview lasted about ten minutes.

Interview Question – Describe what others would/usually describe you as.
Whether I would be okay with working in other store locations
  Answer Question

Worked for Vons? Contribute to the Community!