Vons Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

1.8

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vons (Murrieta, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online for their cake decorator position and the next day went into the store to drop off my resume and pictures of my work. Manager said they were hiring within first, but if something came up they'd give me a call. She was very nice. 2 weeks later, I get a call for an interview. Go in and was asked to wait, for about 15-20 minutes. Finally manager comes in, apologizes for the wait, and takes me to the back for the interview. She was very nice, said that she had been talking with the bakery because they needed help and she thought of me because of my kindness and "pretty pictures". Kind of seemed like she already knew she was going to hire me. And the end of the interview, she smiled and asked if I wanted a job, then proceeded to do a drug test and a background test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, 9.20 to start, after training goes up to 11.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vons (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received multiple emails saying they were holding open interviews at a few Vons locations. Showed up and eventually was interviewed. The guy who interviewed me called me later that day and offered me a job. Still waiting on him to call me back with the next steps though...

Interview Questions

• Why Vons? What's your availability? Can you work weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vons.

Interview

If you are invited to a job fair, make sure that they are hiring in the areas you applied. I went 20 min from my house and they asked me if I could work somewhere 10 min further.

Box Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vons (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

Unprofessional. A horrendous interviewer who clearly has never undergone professional development. She never smiled, she never disclosed her name and the office was musty and dirty. The interviewer seemed bothered as if she didn't want yo interview.

Interview Questions

• What position do you want? Are you willing to work for $12 per hour?   Answer Question

Pastery Cheef/Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vons (Sherman Oaks, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

this was a part time position , she told me what they do and what they expect from me, they also want some one punctual and organized. she also sad that she will call for 2nd interview to see how I work

Warehouse Supervisor/OLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vons (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was already written out questions that were asked by two directors and an HR Rep. The questions were fairly usual and are expected to be answered in STAR Format.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vons (West Covina, CA).

Interview

Very short, few personal questions. Asked how will my schedule at school balance with my schedule at Vons if I'm hired. They needed someone who will be committed to them.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day. My interview was the day after the call and it was basically situational questions and availability. I never got a call back.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vons (Corona, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was really laid back, they took me to an office, the hiring manager was really nice and chatted outside the interview, the interview itself was really easy but theres also a second part of the hiring process and i havent been called in yet.

Dot Com Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vons (Temecula, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

After applied, I kept calling to ask if they had a chance to look over my application and resume, few days later when I called, the hiring manager had said they were hiring for the Dot Com shopper. I got an interview a week later. The interview was very very easy, the interviewers and witness were very nice/happy, they just asked a few questions and then I was hired right on the spot. Took a drug test and did a background check.