Vons

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

1.8

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Very simple interview and very personal. The interview did not last very long, and was mainly straight to the point. The interviewer was extremely professional, but laid back that helped ease the process. Overall, not a hard interview if you can communicate well.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer acting in the middle of the store?   Answer Question

Got another offer from college I was going to.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vons.

Very typical. Questions pertaining to career prospects. They will ask you questions about handling situations with customer complaints and customer service in general. Just make sure you understand that customer retention is their highest priority and tailor your answers based on that.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it"   View Answer
    None

Delivery Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vons.

Very easy and straightforward. Asked about job history and certain situations you've dealt with. One question was to describe how you dealt with a rude customer. Also, where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years etc.

Another opportunity arose

Vons Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vons in September 2014.

I applied online and about a week later I got a phone call in the morning. Had a short interview on the phone, then was asked to come in the next day. Interviewed in the morning, a week later I came in for background check and drug test. Passed and got the job :)

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?   View Answer
    • What would you do in this situation...   Answer Question
    • Name your favorite beverage and try to make me want to buy it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to handle many hard tasks/ situations etc. and how did you balance them?   View Answer
    No negotiations really

Deli Clark Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vons.

Really easy. Applied online got an email to come in for an interview the manager read questions from some docs. Got a call the next day and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name your favorite food or drink and try to sell me on it.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Vons.

Really easy and laid back. I had no work experience going in and they just wanted to know how I plan to benefit the store. They wanted to make sure that I could work as a team with other workers and provide valuable customer service. They ask you to tell them about yourself and if you will work hard.

Bagger Interview

Process took a few days, I applied in person and they asked me a few questions. Then they called me a day later for an interview and I got the job

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Vons.

Initial communications first started online. There were a series of interviews, then some test. There is a trial period to see what type of employee you would be; and if you would be reliable enough to stay employed with the company. You are tested mentally, and physically.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to start the assistant manager responsibilities   Answer Question
    terms of employment, I don't remember it was too long ago

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Vons in June 2014.

its one in one interview with supervisor . it was pretty easy interview she ask basic questions like why i wanna work there , what customer service means to me . it went well she explain the wages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Vons in May 2014.

Submitted an application online, got a call 1-2 months later, scheduled a phone interview the next day. Passed the phone interview/screen and scheduled an interview with the assistant manager. The interview had about 7 questions, singed some papers & talked about the position, what i would do, uniform, etc. I was offered the position shortly after, did a saliva drug test there with the cotton/styrofoam stick thing. Now I have to go back to sign more papers and do training but so far so good.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for union stores.