Vons Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

2.1

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Vons.

Initial communications first started online. There were a series of interviews, then some test. There is a trial period to see what type of employee you would be; and if you would be reliable enough to stay employed with the company. You are tested mentally, and physically.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to start the assistant manager responsibilities   Answer Question
    terms of employment, I don't remember it was too long ago

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Vons in June 2014.

its one in one interview with supervisor . it was pretty easy interview she ask basic questions like why i wanna work there , what customer service means to me . it went well she explain the wages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vons in March 2014.

Applied online, called the store to follow up, scheduled interview with manager, interviewed with manager discussing skills and availabilities, drug test(cheek swab) and background check, hired approximately 4 days after applying.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work weekends and holidays?   View Answer
    There was not one.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vons in September 2013.

So I live in the San Diego area, south county to be exact. Anyway, I applied online and finally got the nerve to call the store once I saw that there was a posting for 8 Starbucks positions open. The customer service rep told me that store level does not make hiring decisions, then proceeded to give me the number for their Vons corporate office. I called that number and left a voicemail with my name and number. I believe the next day, a very friendly woman named Stacey called me back and set me up for an interview with the manager at the Vons I applied at. I'm kind of blurry on the details of the time span, but I eventually went to the store and had probably my longest interview yet (Probably 30+ minutes). I was very nervous, and rambled a bit too much as long as stumbled over my words, and thought I totally bombed it. It was Friday, so he told me if I'm chosen for my second interview with the corporate office, I will hear from Stacey the upcoming Monday or Tuesday. Monday came around, and I was anxious as heck. I waited til about 12 pm until I couldn't take it anymore. I called the corporate office myself and left a message. A very kind girl named Rose called me back and said there was no more Starbucks positions open, but she'll set me up with another interview with the same manager as a courtesy clerk. I was pretty bummed... But then about an hour or so later, the corporate office called me but this time it was Stacey. She said she wanted to invite me for my second interview at Starbucks, and we set it up for a week later. A week later, I go into a secluded office in the back of a different Vons. I made sure to get there 10 minutes early. Stacey then came and took me to her office and asked me a few questions and pretty much said I was going to be hired because the manager I previously interviewed with liked me. Stacey was a very kind woman, she made me feel comfortable and I wasn't nervous at all. She said first I have to do a drug test then a background check but since I'm not 18 yet, I needed a guardian's consent so she told me to come back on Wednesday with a signed paper. Wednesday comes and I have my signed paper but this time Rose handles me. She sticks a weird sponge like stick thing in my mouth and I had to keep it there for about 5 minutes so it could be completely saturated in saliva for my drug test. As this was going on, I filled out some paperwork and signed papers then Rose gave me a list of stuff I needed to bring a week from that day as we waited for my background check to finish. A week later and I have my permit (picture id), birth certificate, and my background check was clean. I filled out my final paperwork and Rose gave me a big booklet with the company's policies and stuff and told me to come back for paid orientation. Now tomorrow is my official first day of training as I wait for my current Starbucks inside of Vons to be built!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, all of the questions were the average questions like "tell me a time when..."   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, Starbucks inside of Vons pays more than minimum wage here so I was content, especially for my first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vons in July 2013.

Take you up to the back room with the manager and interview one by one. Company ask how you handle situations in your life and your schedule. very easy interview

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vons in October 2012.

Applied online and got an email notification for an interview. The interview didn't go so well as I wasn't that prepared and my schedule is not looking good as a full time student. The interview took place in the backroom of the store with a store manager in her cubicle. The interview lasted about ten minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what others would/usually describe you as.
      Whether I would be okay with working in other store locations

Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA
    Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vons in December 2008.

They ask you the expected questions like "What brings you to work with Vons" "What are our goals" "What are your strong points" "What are your weaknesses" Dress in business attire (work shirt and tie with slacks and dress shoes. If all goes well then you will be given a drug test. Simple as that

Interview Questions
    • "What makes you choose us over our competitors?" DO your research before walking in the interview   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vons in January 2008.

Basic interview questions, like do you work well with others and follow directions well.

no negotiations