Vornado Realty

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at Vornado Realty.

Interview Details – Met with 3 people, Recruiter and two members of the department. All three asked similar questions. Questions were typical, what are you goals? where do you see yourself in five years?

Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Vornado Realty in May 2008.

Interview Details – HR was thorough, and polite. Hiring manager did a decent job at describing the position but was tactful in keeping out certain undesirable aspects of the position.

Interview Question – What I wanted to be an administrative assistant   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short, over the phone.

Very Easy Interview

Cash Applications Analyst Interview

Cash Applications Analyst
Paramus, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Vornado Realty in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR and I believe the hiring manager all in one afternoon. HR rep asked basic questions and current salary. Described company and basic job responsibilities. Next interview was with the hiring manager. That interview seemed to last forever, no chemistry between us. She described the daily job responsibilites and asked what my current duties were. She didn't seem impressed. I was asked if I spoke Spanish, but I don't and it wasn't listed as a job requirement. She frowned and the interview went downhill from there. The interview with her lasted twenty minutes, I was led back to HR and out the door. Received "thanks but no thanks" email from HR in a week.

I was greeted in a rather nice reception area, but the actual work takes place on a different floor. Work area was your typical "paper factory", bland decor, mostly female staff, negative vibe throughout with the thermostat set at 80 degrees.

Speaking of staff, I was forewarned by a friend who worked for Vornando for about a week then left. The staff is 98% female and men are not accepted. I did get the impression that the hiring manager wanted a female for the job because she kept referring to the staff as "her girls". I think I was forced on her by HR, but my candidacy was quickly dismissed. I'm sure another "gal" has the job now.

In summary, I'm not sure I would have taken the job if offered, despite the closeness to my house and ease of commute. I've been through this before and working in this type of environment is draining.

Interview Question – What are your current responsibilities   Answer Question

Worked for Vornado Realty? Contribute to the Community!