Vornado Realty Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.2

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vornado Realty in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager gave me a quick test on the journal entries of real estate industry( I did not expect this test, because they never mention in the email) . then she ask me something on my resume, intern experience, on campus job experience. Later on, she told me i won't get this position. Because there are other candidates who are stronger than me. I felt sad......

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your intern experience. Tell me about your on campus job experience.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vornado Realty.

Interview

Met with 3 people, Recruiter and two members of the department. All three asked similar questions. Questions were typical, what are you goals? where do you see yourself in five years?

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vornado Realty (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

A very general interview which failed to tap into candidate-specific talents or question what value one could potentially add. The entire interviewing process was much lengthier than necessary given the lack of depth. There was a 5-minute phone screen, an in-person interview with a GM and two weeks later, another in-person interview with a VP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and easy

IT Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vornado Realty (Paramus, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was not particularly difficult but I was asked specific training and software questions that established my capabilities. I had a one on one, a panel and a presentation in front of several individuals.

Cash Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vornado Realty (Paramus, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and I believe the hiring manager all in one afternoon. HR rep asked basic questions and current salary. Described company and basic job responsibilities. Next interview was with the hiring manager. That interview seemed to last forever, no chemistry between us. She described the daily job responsibilites and asked what my current duties were. She didn't seem impressed. I was asked if I spoke Spanish, but I don't and it wasn't listed as a job requirement. She frowned and the interview went downhill from there. The interview with her lasted twenty minutes, I was led back to HR and out the door. Received "thanks but no thanks" email from HR in a week. I was greeted in a rather nice reception area, but the actual work takes place on a different floor. Work area was your typical "paper factory", bland decor, mostly female staff, negative vibe throughout with the thermostat set at 80 degrees. Speaking of staff, I was forewarned by a friend who worked for Vornando for about a week then left. The staff is 98% female and men are not accepted. I did get the impression that the hiring manager wanted a female for the job because she kept referring to the staff as "her girls". I think I was forced on her by HR, but my candidacy was quickly dismissed. I'm sure another "gal" has the job now. In summary, I'm not sure I would have taken the job if offered, despite the closeness to my house and ease of commute. I've been through this before and working in this type of environment is draining.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Vornado Realty (Alexandria, VA) in May 2008.

Interview

HR was thorough, and polite. Hiring manager did a decent job at describing the position but was tactful in keeping out certain undesirable aspects of the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short, over the phone.