Vought Aircraft

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.2

Government Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vought Aircraft in August 2014.

Quick interview process, interviewed over phone then an in person interview for 2 1/2 hours. Spoke with HR and the hiring manager before the interviews. Two panel interviews both asked specific questions about my background. People very nice and upbeat about the company. Asked general questions about my current position and what applications I used.

Interview Questions

Salary too low, negotiated but not what I wanted

Shortage Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Vought Aircraft.

Multiple people in interview

Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Vought Aircraft.

I interviewed and hired pre Triumph, so I am not sure of what the current process actually is. However, from my memory, it was a standard type interview. I was given a tour of the production line that I had applied for and found it was quite similar to previous experience I had in a maintenance environment.

I was not successful in negoating a higher starting pay.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vought Aircraft.

Manager was very friendly, mostly just wanted to get to know me. We ended up talking about mutual acquaintances and a few little details on my resume, specifically my activities and work availability. I get the feeling the interview was simply to find out if I was friendly or not, and that they had already made their decision about me based on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions throughout the interview. They asked me about a project I completed during high school, because I had it listed on my resume. There were a few questions about the classes I had already completed and what computer skills I had, but nothing overly difficult.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vought Aircraft in August 2012.

Because it was an intern position in engineering and I had already been working as a supply chain intern, the interview was very, very relaxed. The manager simply asked me what I was interested in, what I was looking for and if I would like to come work for him. Having some sort of experience on your resume always helps, even if it is not completely related. You can always talk about how past experiences have enhanced your personal work ethic and skills

Interview Questions
    • For this position, there were no difficult questions. It was a very easy, relaxed interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiations for internship positions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vought Aircraft in June 2011.

I had applied to work for the company 2 years before I was offered an internship by phone call. It definitely caught me off guard but I was looking for an opportunity at the time.

The only interviewing that took place was over the phone with a recruiter asking if I was still interested in the position. I had to submit my resume proving I had at least a 3.0 GPA in school as well as pass a drug test and intensive background check. Before I started the internship I really had no idea as to what I would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a 3.0 GPA or better? Do you want this internship?   Answer Question
    Fixed rate for all of the interns (9 of us at the beginning).

Engineering Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vought Aircraft in July 2008.

I think the company had already selected me for the summer intern position before I was called by a representative from HR. The conversation was very casual and I was not asked any technical or skill questions, nor was I asked to analyze any situation. It was basically just a call to inform me of position details and whether or not I would be interested.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation possible (which is understandable for an internship).

Structures Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vought Aircraft in May 2008.

Flew me to Dallas day before interview. Met with HR to discuss
    relocation package then met with Structures manager and senior lead for approx 3 hrs. Met with two other senior engineer for about an hour each. Interviews were very informal but thorough. They were trying to get a sense of my thought process and overall capability.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your (professional) backgound in as much detail as you can.   Answer Question
    • Showed me some structural deatils and asked my general impressions of them   Answer Question

Offer was good but ended up taking a similar job with better relocation package.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vought Aircraft in March 2007.

The person that I interviewed with was very nice but the HR person that was supposed to set-up my interview was not so good. I actually missed my first scheduled interview because the HR person did not tell me when it was. After I had my interview, the HR person was terrible in sending me my offer even though I had already been told by another person in the company that they would be extending me an offer. The first offer that they sent to me was not competitive in regards to my current salary so I tried to negotiate. The HR person immediately responded with a final offer that did not come close to what I was asking for so I had to decline. I got the impression that she did not even run this by her supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • What did I find most interesting about Vought and why did I want to work there?   Answer Question

Described above.