Voxeo Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Voxeo

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oviedo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Voxeo in April 2012.

Voxeo prefers an in-depth interview process to avoid mis-hires and reduce turnover. This process is lengthy. By the end, the candidate has had significant face-time (1-2 hours) with not just their immediate supervisor but with upper management and the rest of the team they'll be working with.

The interview process had multiple steps:
    1) Phone Interview. Quick overview of job qualifications, past work experience, etc.
    2) In person interview. Met with manager and key members of the team.
    2.5) Strength Assessment. They ask you to fill out a quick (30m) survey at home and copy/send them the results. Be ready to discuss the results at the next interview. Google "Strength Assessment 2.0".
    3) "Top Grading" interview. Essentially a 2+ hour interview with two different panels that covers the results of your Strength Assessment, an in-depth walk through of previous employment, discussion of professional and personal goals, etc. Gives you a chance to meet the heads of departments you'll be working closely with and have 1-2 hours of face-time with C-level execs before coming aboard.

Interview Questions
    • If money wasn't a factor, what else would you be doing besides this?   Answer Question
    • What can you use to view a .tar file without decompressing it?   Answer Question
    They'll ask you how much you made before and touch base on salary range before the Top Grading interview.

Sales Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Voxeo in November 2011.

Contacted by a recruiter, took a personality assessment. The recruiter scheduled the interview. Met with a team of Voxeo employees who interviewed me for several hours. Met with the senior management team and was advised that I would be contacted by phone.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in your last jobs and how have you stood out from your peers?   Answer Question
    • Technical knowledge of the business?   Answer Question
    I was given the salary that I requested. There was no negotiation required.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Voxeo in August 2010.

I submitted my resume for a part-time administrative assistant position in response to an ad that Voxeo had posted on Careerbuilder. I was contacted by phone about 2 weeks later and asked a few simple screening questions, most notable clarifying that the position was part-time and my salary expectations. I gave a range that I was looking to fall into and was told that their range was "considerably less". Realizing that this is a tough economy, I had no other offers and Voxeo was ranked a "top-employer" in Florida, I decided to schedule an interview anyway. Besides, many employers often offer outside of the initial range. My first interview was with the immediate supervisor and an HR Manager. The questions were pretty superficial and easy to answer. I was there in total for about an hour and 15 minutes. A few days later, I was contacted via email and invited to return and meet with the President the following week. I was also asked to take an online strength assessment test that would be reviewed during the second interview. While my second interview was much more thorough, some of the questions asked were quite bizarre in my opinion such as reaching back into my early childhood, wanting to know if I had siblings, etc. Many of the questions did not pertain to the job in anyway and I felt were more so fishing into my personal life rather than my abilities to do this job. As far as the assessment, it was not really reviewed in depth with me, however I was able to save a copy of the report. Good reading, but nothing surprising as I am very aware of what my strengths are. The second interview lasted about an hour and 30 minutes. I was then contacted again about 2 days later (via email) and invited back to meet with the CEO the following week. I accepted and when I arrived on my scheduled day, he was no where to be found. After 20 minutes of waiting, his assistant informed me that he had left for the day due to illness. She apologized and said that one of the co-founders would meet with me instead. I understand that things occur unexpectedly. I have also assisted top level execs who live in a world of their own and who I had to keep tabs on like a wondering child, however this was a VERY poor reflection of management and obvious lack of communication between staff. So, I waited another 10-15 minutes to meet with his replacement. He spent about 20 minutes with me and being that this was an impromptu meeting, he kind of stumbled through going through my resume while trying to think of questions at the time. It was a little awkward but nonetheless I made it through. He mentioned that I should still "probably come back and meet with the CEO". After leaving and feeling a little annoyed on my way home (I live 35 minutes away), I thought about the whole process and really questioned if this was a place that I would want to work. Some of the interviews could have easily been combined with proper planning in my opinion. In fact, their way of operating only showed me that they appeared to be flaky and indecisive with their hiring. That is a sure fire way to lose top candidates to better job offers. Fortunately, I DID have other offers to entertain, one with a very well respected company in Orlando. I was even able to negotiate a much higher salary with them that better matched my experience and background. This other company knew exactly what they wanted and jumped on it. I can't say the same for Voxeo. On the flip side Voxeo, does offer a nice working environment in the new Plaza building in the heart of downtown Orlando. The office is completely open (no cubicles, glass walls, etc.) to promote open communication. They also offer a casual dress code but being that this was a part-time position there really were no additional perks or benefits. The interviewing process and time spent seemed a bit much for a part-time position with a pay range of only $10-$12 per hour. Overall, I was not impressed with Voxeo.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked with someone you didn't like? If so, how did you handle it?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you didn't work well with a supervisor. What was the outcome and how would you have changed the outcome?   Answer Question

Worked for Voxeo? Contribute to the Community!