Vudu

www.vudu.com
  www.vudu.com

Vudu Interview Questions

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vudu in August 2013.

Was approached by an internal recruiter. Was a pretty standard process: phone screen, then a full panel interview that lasted over 6 hours.

Their location was hard to find, and they didn't provide proper lunch. Just snacks and colas. That's Wal-mart for ya.

They showed me their digs: very small cubes, almost claustrophobic, drab wall colors.

At the conclusion of the meeting, I asked what were next steps: another full-round of grilling. Well, my mind switched off on them when I heard that. Very picky people.

I was told about a week later that they're still talking to other candidates. I guess they couldn't come to tell me I'm not what they want. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • Design a system that manages disk space on a set top box system.   View Answer
    • you have 2 threads: one prints out even numbers, the other prints out odd numbers. Write the threads such that the numbers print out in their proper order. i.e. 012345678910....   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vudu in October 2011.

A phone screen interview was followed by two half-day on-site interviews.

The phone screen consisted of general-knowledge questions on a variety of topics: difference between TCP and UDP, meaning of C++ virtual function, meaning of C keyword "volatile," difference between process and thread, etc.

Interview Questions
    • List all possible words that could result from keying in a sequence of digits on a telephone keypad (where 2={a|b|c}; 3={d|e|f}; etc.).   Answer Question
    • Implement put and pull operations for a FIFO.   Answer Question
    • What is deadlock and how can one avoid it?   Answer Question
    • Implement code to compute the average value of nodes in a graph.   Answer Question
    • Write code to sum the values contained in two memory slots into a third memory slot, using only 3 instructions:
      zero <slot>
      increment <slot>
      jlt <slot1>,<slot2> <location>, where jlt=jump to <location> if <slot1>is less than <slot2>.

Answer Question