Vudu Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2015

Creative Department Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vudu.

Interview

The interview process is very extensive. For me was a total of 2 hours, 4x30 minutes interviews. Very responsible that you might think is a great opportunity. When you start working, things are very casual and ther is not communication.

Interview Questions

• Not tricky questions experience and situational. I think they go more for the personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very straight forward. No negotiation, they offer and it was good for me at that time, so I accepted.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vudu in August 2013.

Interview

Was approached by an internal recruiter. Was a pretty standard process: phone screen, then a full panel interview that lasted over 6 hours.

Their location was hard to find, and they didn't provide proper lunch. Just snacks and colas. That's Wal-mart for ya.

They showed me their digs: very small cubes, almost claustrophobic, drab wall colors.

At the conclusion of the meeting, I asked what were next steps: another full-round of grilling. Well, my mind switched off on them when I heard that. Very picky people.

I was told about a week later that they're still talking to other candidates. I guess they couldn't come to tell me I'm not what they want. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• Design a system that manages disk space on a set top box system.   1 Answer
    • you have 2 threads: one prints out even numbers, the other prints out odd numbers. Write the threads such that the numbers print out in their proper order. i.e. 012345678910....   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vudu in October 2011.

Interview

A phone screen interview was followed by two half-day on-site interviews.

The phone screen consisted of general-knowledge questions on a variety of topics: difference between TCP and UDP, meaning of C++ virtual function, meaning of C keyword "volatile," difference between process and thread, etc.

Interview Questions

• List all possible words that could result from keying in a sequence of digits on a telephone keypad (where 2={a|b|c}; 3={d|e|f}; etc.).   Answer Question
    • Implement put and pull operations for a FIFO.   Answer Question
    • What is deadlock and how can one avoid it?   Answer Question
    • Implement code to compute the average value of nodes in a graph.   Answer Question
    • Write code to sum the values contained in two memory slots into a third memory slot, using only 3 instructions:
      zero <slot>
      increment <slot>
      jlt <slot1>,<slot2> <location>, where jlt=jump to <location> if <slot1>is less than <slot2>.

Answer Question