Vulcan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Vulcan.

Interview Details – I had a much easier experience than most people since I had an in with the hiring manager. Submitted my resume. About a week later, HR called to schedule the interview. During the interview, I first met with an HR person who asked basic employment eligibility questions and salary requirements. Then I met with one team member, followed by the hiring manager. Took about 1.5 hours overall.

Negotiation Details – I accepted their offer w/o changes.

Anonymous Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vulcan.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. The lady was very nice, but here goes the review about the professional aspect: I expected more behavioral questions. Most of the interview was about technical things on my field, of course HR did not have any clue idea and it was very clear that her list of questions didn't come from HR, but probably from whom was going to be my immediate boss... this was very bad, also because the questions didn't make any sense... they were trying to be very technical, expertise-based, but the questions had fundamental huge errors! HR lady was taking notes, so I had to LITERALLY dictate my technical answers, she asked me to dictate in several times.... she was not familiar with my field, so I had to explain not only my accomplishments, but also the kind of companies I worked for, why they are internationally recognized, how my field works, etc... it was literally explaining to a kid that was taking notes about technical stuff and then passing them to the person that was going to make the decision of hiring you!! OMG, this was the worse interview in my 16 years of professional life.

Interview Question – The whole interview was bizarre, please read my comments.   Answer Question

Security Interview

Security
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vulcan.

Interview Details – Hiring Process was horrible the promises of pay was changed and then changed back.

Interview Question – What can you do to make the owners life better.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vulcan in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was recruited to the position by an old friend who I had worked with before. He pushed my name through the interview process, but I still had to jump through a lot of hoops with HR who were adamant on maintaining their control over hiring. Job required a thorough background check, which was no problem for me.

Interview Question – I was interviewed by an eventual co-worker who asked me many very specific questions about how I would approach a given problem. He later told me that any time he was stuck on a problem, he would quiz the potential employees he interviewed about it until he heard an idea that intrigued him.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple - they offered me more than I was asking, and I took it.

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Vulcan.

Interview Details – Phone screen by recruiter - basic info

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vulcan.

Interview Details – Had to interview with 14 people. I have interviewed other places with a lot of interviewers but this was a record. Then they wanted me to come back and meet with more people. I was concerned that if it took that much "consensus" to hire a person, what would it be like getting any work done? I decided it wasn't the right fit for me.

Interview Question – The usual questions - open ended, "tell me about a time" - lots of questions around flexibility, change management, working with a tight knit team   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vulcan in February 2011.

Interview Details – Gruling at best.,

Interview Questions

• Name a past project you worked on where critical thinking came in to play.   Answer Question
  • Give me three words your past boss would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Worked for Vulcan? Contribute to the Community!