Vulcan Materials Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

1.8

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vulcan Materials in June 2014.

The hiring process was very straightforward. Sat for an interview with several sales managers and a HR representative. The tone of the interview was pleasant and not overly intense. Really like the company and would love to work there. Of course preference is given to internal candidates so I didn't get this position. They did indicate that there may be possibilities in the future and that they would be interested in talking with me further.

Interview Questions
    • I don't have experience in aggregates and the interviewers were aware of this so there were no technical questions. The technical aspects can be learned, but they look for quality individuals with integrity and people skills. The questions that I was asked were fairly typical and nothing was really outside of the norm.   Answer Question

Transportation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Vulcan Materials in February 2014.

Was made very easy due to the friendliness of the interviewers

Mailclerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vulcan Materials in July 2009.

It went well although there was a perceived tenseness between and the HR person

Interview Questions
    Just everyday offer and acceptance

General Labor/Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vulcan Materials in March 2007.

It was just a one-on-one typical interview.
    Was shown around the site and told what the job responsibilities would be.
    Told what kind of salary I would get and what to expect within the first year.

na

Quality Control Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vulcan Materials in June 2011.

Applied online through the employment webpage. Human Resources contacted on the phone about three weeks after I submitted my application. They asked some general questions regarding education, experience, why I would like to work at Vulcan. 1:1 interview followed two days later. Manager asked about information on my resume, education, experience, situation questions. After the interview I had to filled out an official company job application.

Interview Questions
    • Name three strengths and three weaknesses that could use improvement.   Answer Question
    • If your supervisor wanted you to send out material after it failed lab tests, what would you do?   Answer Question
    They asked me what I expected in terms of pay. I said a little above industry standard.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vulcan Materials in June 2010.

My professor emailed a flier with the information. I told him I was interested and they called me a few weeks later to schedule an interview. Three individuals sat across me during the interview. The hr that was there asked all the questions during the interview. The interview went well.