Vulcan Materials

Relevance Date Difficulty

Transportation Specialist Interview

Transportation Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Vulcan Materials in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was made very easy due to the friendliness of the interviewers

Interview Question – What are your salary expectations   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Mailclerk Interview

Mailclerk
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Vulcan Materials in July 2009.

Interview Details – It went well although there was a perceived tenseness between and the HR person

Interview Question – WHat did you do while unemployed   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just everyday offer and acceptance

Very Easy Interview

General Labor/Truck Driver Interview

General Labor/Truck Driver
Chattanooga, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vulcan Materials in March 2007.

Interview Details – It was just a one-on-one typical interview.
Was shown around the site and told what the job responsibilities would be.
Told what kind of salary I would get and what to expect within the first year.

Negotiation Details – na

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quality Control Interview

Quality Control

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vulcan Materials in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online through the employment webpage. Human Resources contacted on the phone about three weeks after I submitted my application. They asked some general questions regarding education, experience, why I would like to work at Vulcan. 1:1 interview followed two days later. Manager asked about information on my resume, education, experience, situation questions. After the interview I had to filled out an official company job application.

Interview Questions

• Name three strengths and three weaknesses that could use improvement.   Answer Question
  • If your supervisor wanted you to send out material after it failed lab tests, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me what I expected in terms of pay. I said a little above industry standard.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Vulcan Materials in June 2010.

Interview Details – My professor emailed a flier with the information. I told him I was interested and they called me a few weeks later to schedule an interview. Three individuals sat across me during the interview. The hr that was there asked all the questions during the interview. The interview went well.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Vulcan Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vulcan Materials interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vulcan Materials employees and interview candidates.