VyStar Credit Union

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.9

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at VyStar Credit Union.

The process took a long time. I thought I hadn't gotten an interview because it took them a month to call me back. Once I got the interview, it was another two weeks before I got the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The pulled out most of the usual interview questions. How do you handle conflict? Describe a time when you had to resolve an issue with a customer.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VyStar Credit Union in November 2014.

First I had to go to the corporate office and take a teller test. After passing the test i had a scheduled interview with HR. I was then scheduled at a branch to interview with the Teller Supervisor and branch VP.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict in the workplace. What did you do?   Answer Question
    Negotiating phase was painless and I was given a fair wage.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VyStar Credit Union in August 2014.

After submitting a resume and not hearing anything for about a week (which was expected), Vystar called me at 6pm on a Friday afternoon asking for an 8am Monday morning interview. I show up Monday morning and was brought upstairs. Getting off the elevator, I was walking past cubicles that looked literally too small to actually work in. I would be surprised if they were larger than 3' square. I was later told these weren't for people in our group, but no matter what, if you're human, you'd not want to work in them.

Anyway, I met with 3 people - two technical and one manager - in the conference room and all of them were really nice. They told me early on that a VP would likely be joining, but this never happened. The interview was supposed to be ninety minutes, but it wasn't communicated as such, so I had to leave 10 minutes early.

Later that week, I received a call asking for a second interview. Again, the timing was rushed - they asked if I were available the same day to come in. I wasn't, so I had to push things back to their next available time a few days later. I went in and interviewed with the manager from the 1st day, and his manager. Then, I was brought up to talk to the CIO. The initial experience was good - I felt comfortable being honest and expressing my goals with the two managers. Being brought up to the CIO's office felt uncomfortable. The CIO was some guy from Turkey who seemed to enjoy asking inappropriate questions. For example, for this role (Senior Systems Administrator), he was asking CIO-level questions like "Name 3 ways technology brings value to the customer". I don't know answers like that. I can engineer and maintain a comprehensive IT system, but the job isn't customer-facing or focused. Anyway, I didn't mind the question other than that I was being judged on the answer, and a negative answer probably hurt my chances.

Lastly, I was told in the interview that it was difficult to find administrators locally, and that's one of the reasons for the rush. However, after my second interview, I didn't hear anything for almost a week. So, I called the HR representative, who never called me back. I then emailed her, and she responded to the email saying it might be a couple more weeks. Just over a week later, I get an email saying "they found someone with a closer matching skillset..." blah blah. I'm pretty sure that was BS as I have 20 years experience, but that they didn't want to pay the salary I was asking.

Oh - also the whole IT area looked depressing as hell. The lights were turned off and the place was a mess with parts laying around and disorganized cubicles. I would not have wanted to work there even if I had gotten an offer.

Interview Questions
    • "Name 3 ways technology brings value to the customer"   View Answer

Member Relationship Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at VyStar Credit Union.

You first get a phone call letting you know you've been selected, then pay rate, then schedule to go to Corporate Headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not unexpexted or difficult, advise though - be sure you know ALL of your work history, exact dates and everything.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at VyStar Credit Union in January 2014.

First there is a quick call with HR where they review that your resume matches what they need, simple questions to confirm whatever you placed on your resume.
    After that you get a technical and behavioral interview with management, in some cases they will schedule you for a panel interview with multiple managers.

Interview Questions
    • What was your best project?/Why?
      What was your worst project?/Why?/What did you do to fix your failure?

View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VyStar Credit Union in August 2013.

VyStar does an initial management assessment prior to face to face interviews. I had three interviews- one with the HR recruiter, one with senior management, and a third with my management peers to ensure I would fit in. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember this one. probably why to hire someone that did not have a financial services background.   Answer Question
    There was some negotiation regarding salary because I set the expectation up front as to what my requirements were.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at VyStar Credit Union in April 2013.

Being my first "real world" interview after the Navy, I found it to be not tough, not easy, but fair... Whether I get the job or not, the interview was a pleasant experience.

Student Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at VyStar Credit Union.

Only one interview, 3 people interviewing you, it was intimidating.

No negotiation.

HRIS Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VyStar Credit Union in November 2012.

I was contacted by a 3rd party staffing company for the position. We did an initial phone interview for him to gauge my qualifications and moved quickly to scheduling a phone interview with one of the VPs of HR.

Three days after the initial phone interview I spoke with the VP for about 30 mins, again it was a very high level talk. From there we quickly moved to an in-person interview with that same VP as well as the SVP of HR.

About 1 week after the phone call I went for the in-person. The majority of the time was spent with the SVP and it was a good conversation about where they've been, the history of the position, and what the future might look like in a few years.

I was interviewing at the HQ building and it was very nice. There was definitely a formal or 'Bank'like atmosphere. Everyone was dressed in suits, the executive offices were very nice but I got the impression that employees should not be up on that floor. Granted this was also the same place the BOD met so that may have had something to do with it but just a much different atmosphere than what I am used to seeing.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult. Pretty straightforward and honest conversation.   Answer Question

Teller Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VyStar Credit Union in September 2012.

I got called from Human Resource to take a test for the position I applied (Teller Specialist l) , I passed, then I had an interview with the manager,He ask me questions like: Why do I want to work for Vystar? Why did I leave my last position? And 2-3 Behavioral or Situational questions. Then he look at my credit report and ask me a question about one of my bills or credit cards that I did not pay and why? And then the interview ended with me asking him some questions and he said that he would submit his information and my resume to the manager(the branch that I applied for). I have not heard anything since and that was Monday, September 10, 2012.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are up above in the Hiring and interviewing Process   Answer Question