VyStar Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2014
Updated Apr 16, 2014

2.9

Member Relationship Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at VyStar Credit Union.

You first get a phone call letting you know you've been selected, then pay rate, then schedule to go to Corporate Headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not unexpexted or difficult, advise though - be sure you know ALL of your work history, exact dates and everything.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VyStar Credit Union in January 2014.

First there is a quick call with HR where they review that your resume matches what they need, simple questions to confirm whatever you placed on your resume.
    After that you get a technical and behavioral interview with management, in some cases they will schedule you for a panel interview with multiple managers.

Interview Questions
    • What was your best project?/Why?
      What was your worst project?/Why?/What did you do to fix your failure?
        View Answer

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at VyStar Credit Union in April 2013.

Being my first "real world" interview after the Navy, I found it to be not tough, not easy, but fair... Whether I get the job or not, the interview was a pleasant experience.

Student Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at VyStar Credit Union.

Only one interview, 3 people interviewing you, it was intimidating.

No negotiation.

HRIS Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VyStar Credit Union in November 2012.

I was contacted by a 3rd party staffing company for the position. We did an initial phone interview for him to gauge my qualifications and moved quickly to scheduling a phone interview with one of the VPs of HR.

Three days after the initial phone interview I spoke with the VP for about 30 mins, again it was a very high level talk. From there we quickly moved to an in-person interview with that same VP as well as the SVP of HR.

About 1 week after the phone call I went for the in-person. The majority of the time was spent with the SVP and it was a good conversation about where they've been, the history of the position, and what the future might look like in a few years.

I was interviewing at the HQ building and it was very nice. There was definitely a formal or 'Bank'like atmosphere. Everyone was dressed in suits, the executive offices were very nice but I got the impression that employees should not be up on that floor. Granted this was also the same place the BOD met so that may have had something to do with it but just a much different atmosphere than what I am used to seeing.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult. Pretty straightforward and honest conversation.   Answer Question

Teller Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at VyStar Credit Union in September 2012.

I got called from Human Resource to take a test for the position I applied (Teller Specialist l) , I passed, then I had an interview with the manager,He ask me questions like: Why do I want to work for Vystar? Why did I leave my last position? And 2-3 Behavioral or Situational questions. Then he look at my credit report and ask me a question about one of my bills or credit cards that I did not pay and why? And then the interview ended with me asking him some questions and he said that he would submit his information and my resume to the manager(the branch that I applied for). I have not heard anything since and that was Monday, September 10, 2012.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are up above in the Hiring and interviewing Process   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at VyStar Credit Union in October 2011.

First I was called in to hr to take a Personality test as well as a math test. At the end you are told if you passed. I was then set up to have an 1:1 interview with hr. About 20 questions taken from a sheet of paper, and your responses are recorded. Then a few days later I was set up to go on an interview at the branch with the Member Services Manager. Same process.

Interview Questions
    • What is one word that you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at VyStar Credit Union in July 2010.

The interview process was managed by an HR consultant who seemed very professional. The consultant required a 20 question questionaire answered as precursor to qualifying for a second interview. The 2nd interview was disappointing as the personnel involved was not qualified to interview an IT professional with several important concerns going over the main interviewer's head.

Reviewing the senior management profile and after speaking to several employees at various branches it seems as though there was a layer of inequality and tension within the area of diversity making it seem as it was not an organization any minority would want to be part of, however this could be subjective.

Final thoughts as a professional, this organization is run in a haphazard manner with no direction and clue with senior personnel easily threatened by individuals who could actually add value as demonstrated by the revolving door of senior IT personnel.

Supervisor Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at VyStar Credit Union in February 2011.

Initial Interview with Human Resources - One on One - face to face - relevant questions based on the particular position - Granted to Panel Interview - 4 VPs - very conversation like and interesting - not intimidating - made you feel very comfortable - one hour

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a particular product in an alternative delivery method   View Answer

Worked for VyStar Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!