W.B. Mason

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at W.B. Mason in October 2014.

I was scheduled for an interview at the Hauppauge NY branch at 8:00am after having a phone interview with a representative in the main branch. I arrived at the branch location 10 minutes early and was greeted by an employee who told me my interviewer hasn't arrived yet. I was asked to wait in the entrance way for a couple of minutes. 8:10AM rolls by and no one has come to meet with me. 8:20AM and still no one. By now I would've expected the first employee to come back and give me an update or at least check on me and apologize for the wait. By 8:30AM I just walked out the door and left. I had to leave by 8:45AM to get to my current job on time and I didn't think 15 minutes was anywhere near appropriate for an interview if she did show up. I would've went looking for someone to help me, but in the next room they were having a big meeting and I didn't want to interrupt. It was a completely inappropriate place for a meeting anyway as going through that room was the only way to get to anywhere else in the building. Employees were even blocking the door as they all stood around listening about furniture sales. Although it wasted my time, it showed me that I would never want to work for a company like this. The whole building looked run down anyway and the entrance way they had me wait in was freezing cold, no heat. Please take all the negative reviews on this company to heart. I dismissed them and thought I would have to see for myself, but if they treat a potential employee like this I can't imagine how they treat their actual employees.

Sales Representative Interview

Easy but very unorganized. They make you wait an hour and a half past the given interview time just because they want you to sweat. Then they wil make you interview over two times for the same position, giving out your resume multiple times because they continuously forget who you are. They give false information.

Extremely unorganized environment

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at W.B. Mason in May 2014.

Initially met with 2 guys at the local office. First half of the interview was mostly questions about my experience in sales and why they should hire me and the rest of the interview consisted of them talking about how everyone there likes to go out partying. They did a lot of swearing,not sure if they were testing me or not. Then I shadowed a sales person,who basically just dropped catalogues off.

Production Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at W.B. Mason in April 2014.

I interviewed at my school because they offered on-campus interviews for a variety of positions. I was given a second interview but, after, not contacted for about six weeks. I was then called in for another interview and was offered a position a week later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some marketing questions that I did not understand.   Answer Question
    I was not given an opportunity to do so.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockton, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at W.B. Mason.

There was no interview. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. It's a take it or leave it offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I am surprised by the unprofessional manner the HR team exhibits on behalf of the company. I had submitted my resume and had received a call from someone in HR, (whom I will not disclose). I had missed the call but did call back and left a message. A few days had passed and I did not hear back, so I had tried again to no avail. Basically I was left in limbo. I understand an office can become overwhelming but please remember you are representing W.B. Mason. Your actions in my mind were unprofessional.

To management, if HR reached out to a perspective resume and does not follow up with the candidate. Please note that candidate which one day may work for another company and because of the negative experience, decide to not use W.B. Mason as their office supplier.

IT Helpdesk Tier I Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward, gentleman seemed to be polite, wanted to incorporate me within the company. Due to my status of still working on my degree he wanted to follow up in a few months when I was closer to graduation to come in and get some shifts.

After trying multiple times to just get and answer out of them about a time to set up when to come in and absolutely no response I gave up. The gentleman as a Human Resources Manager should be in the know that even if you don't plan to hire that person, at least tell them you can't at the current time and they'll contact you if anything comes up. Really just rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very much out of the ordinary interview process. Goals, achievements etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at W.B. Mason in January 2014.

Emailed my resume in on a monday and received a call from HR the next day asking me to come in for an interview. Interviewed by two nice and friendly Customer Service Supervisors. Once we got past the two questions asked to me we discussed the questions I had for them and a more depth look at the job.

Interview Questions
    • So tell me about yourself? What was a typical day during your internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at W.B. Mason.

I had applied online and within two weeks they had called me and scheduled an interview. I met with the trainer and branch manager for an interview that lasted roughly an hour. Very laid back conversation and simple questions asked to get a feel for my personality.

Interview Questions
    • What my largest obstacle was in my life so far.   View Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at W.B. Mason.

UN professional and not well planned

Interview Questions
    Try to negotiate but was instantly shot down