W.B. Mason Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.3

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at W.B. Mason (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

There are 3 steps to the interview process. First, you have an individual interview with the branch manager and one of the other managers. Mine was very relaxed and casual. The second step is a ride-along with one of the reps where they take you out in the field to go cold-calling on customers or on follow-ups. The third part is a follow-up interview with the branch manager again. It was at this time that he offered me a position, though from talking to coworkers, this isn't always the case.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you would fit well in a sales position?   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.B. Mason (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was quite slow. I had a total of four interviews before finally landing in my current position. I had applied for a position in one location and interviewed twice there. Then I was sent to a second location that had an opening in a different department.

Interview Questions

• Since this was shortly after graduation, I was asked about academics, my GPA, how much I knew about the company, it's products/services etc.   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.B. Mason.

Interview

Interviewed two times. Both interviews were with the furniture manager and trainer. Presented my portfolio and discussed past work experience. Dress attire is formal. Suit and tie for the gentlemen. Was offered a position after the second interview over the phone. Salary was fair but not negotiable.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. They want to get a feel for your personality and work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.B. Mason.

Interview

I sent in my resume and got a call from one of the administrators to come in for an interview. My initial interview was with the Director of Marketing. I was called back for a second interview to meet with the Art Director and the Manager of eCommerce (who would be my supervisor). We discussed my portfolio in depth, and I was called a few days later with an offer from an administrator.

Interview Questions

• The questions were more of a discussion than a quiz, so this is not applicable.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was called by an administrator, not one of my interviewers, so there wasn't an opportunity to counter the offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at W.B. Mason (Brockton, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process wasn't the least bit intimidating. Everyone i came into contact with was extremely nice and professional. I have been to three interviews in a matter of 3 months. The hiring process and recruiting is very disorganized and hiring decisions can take months. The company is doing very well so everyone at their corporate offices are very busy . In my case they are so busy they can't even make decisions on hiring me because you cant get all the right people in the same room. The work atmosphere appears to be sociable and a pleasant place to work.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at W.B. Mason in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter from their HR department about a month later. The conversation went well, not too many difficult questions and the recruiter was very polite and agreeable. During that first call she set up an in-person interview in the office. In the next interview I et with a manager and sales trainer then two other sales managers in their office. Again, not very difficult, more a discussion of my background and I gained a better idea of the company and what the role entails. The next week, they scheduled a "ride along" shadowing a sales rep in the field for the day. At the end of the day, I met with the branch manager and sales trainer. They asked about my feedback of what I experienced that day and answered any remaining questions I had. Received a call a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you distinguish yourself from the pool of other candidates applying? Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at W.B. Mason (Hauppauge, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview at the Hauppauge NY branch at 8:00am after having a phone interview with a representative in the main branch. I arrived at the branch location 10 minutes early and was greeted by an employee who told me my interviewer hasn't arrived yet. I was asked to wait in the entrance way for a couple of minutes. 8:10AM rolls by and no one has come to meet with me. 8:20AM and still no one. By now I would've expected the first employee to come back and give me an update or at least check on me and apologize for the wait. By 8:30AM I just walked out the door and left. I had to leave by 8:45AM to get to my current job on time and I didn't think 15 minutes was anywhere near appropriate for an interview if she did show up. I would've went looking for someone to help me, but in the next room they were having a big meeting and I didn't want to interrupt. It was a completely inappropriate place for a meeting anyway as going through that room was the only way to get to anywhere else in the building. Employees were even blocking the door as they all stood around listening about furniture sales. Although it wasted my time, it showed me that I would never want to work for a company like this. The whole building looked run down anyway and the entrance way they had me wait in was freezing cold, no heat. Please take all the negative reviews on this company to heart. I dismissed them and thought I would have to see for myself, but if they treat a potential employee like this I can't imagine how they treat their actual employees.

Interview Questions

Interview

Easy but very unorganized. They make you wait an hour and a half past the given interview time just because they want you to sweat. Then they wil make you interview over two times for the same position, giving out your resume multiple times because they continuously forget who you are. They give false information.

Extremely unorganized environment

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at W.B. Mason in May 2014.

Interview

Initially met with 2 guys at the local office. First half of the interview was mostly questions about my experience in sales and why they should hire me and the rest of the interview consisted of them talking about how everyone there likes to go out partying. They did a lot of swearing,not sure if they were testing me or not. Then I shadowed a sales person,who basically just dropped catalogues off.

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at W.B. Mason in April 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at my school because they offered on-campus interviews for a variety of positions. I was given a second interview but, after, not contacted for about six weeks. I was then called in for another interview and was offered a position a week later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some marketing questions that I did not understand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not given an opportunity to do so.