W. J. Deutsch Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at W. J. Deutsch

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at W. J. Deutsch (Harrison, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of at least 4 face to face interviews and there was a specific focus on how you will most impact the company. The interviews started with HR and then moved on to the hiring manager, after that there was a decision made on whether or not to continue on to the next interview set which consisted of interviews with upper management, finalizing in a team review of the individual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was some negotiation but very little, they want to know that you are interesting in providing value to the company than simply looking for a paycheck.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at W. J. Deutsch (White Plains, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Company was very professional. Executive team plays a very active role in screening process. Everyone on the Executive team was impressive. The owners are particularly impressive. Everyone asked deep and penetrating questions. You cannot bluff your way through the interview process. Self awareness and humility is key, if you cannot provide an honest self assessment of your development areas, you will flag yourself as someone who is not self-aware and someone who is unwilling to learn and improve.

Interview Questions

• You say that ___ is a strength of yours. Prove it, tell me about a specific situation where you demonstrated this in a capacity that is superior relative to your peers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their philosophy is to come to the table with the best offer possible. There is only room for principle based negotiation. They are very open-minded and want their employees to be happy.

Chief of Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at W. J. Deutsch in September 2010.

Interview

When I arrived there, I was on time for the interview. My interviewer had me wait an hour before I was finally told where to go to meet my interviewer, which was his office. We met for an hour and we had a very strange conversation where he talked about how great he was and what a "Golden Child" he was at his last company. I found it to be a very strange interview where he loved talking more about himself than wanting to find out more about his candidate. He further went on to talk about how he finally agreed to coming on board at the company after rejecting it multiple times--a great way to sell the company? Anyway, he was so proud of himself that I could no longer fit in the room as his opinion of himself caused an major inflation of his ego. After the interview, he asked me to find my way back to reception and said that he had to run off to another meeting. WOW I WAS GLAD TO FINALLY LEAVE!! If you ever get a call about working here, STAY AWAY! Even if you have no job--STAY AWAY! This is not a place that warrants a look and see.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.... oh wait, let me tell you about myself.   Answer Question