W.L. Gore Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2014

3.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

The interview process was relatively simple and straightforward. I went through a phone conversation with HR, where I was given a behavioral interview. Since it was HR, they were focused more on my ability to work with others and in a team-based capacity. Overall, the interviewer was very pleasant, and she did well in making me feel comfortable the whole time.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a conflict you experienced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for W.L. Gore

Engineer Interview

The process was very pleasant. The HR was very nice and responsive to e-mails and calls. Phone interview, and then on-site interview. During the phone interview, the questions asked were things like tell me about yourself, your biggest weakness and accomplishments. During the on-site, there were two interviews with two different teams. The questions asked were mostly technical questions, and case studies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Talked to hiring manager on phone once, received a phone call from the person who would be my supervisor, and then finally with a 3rd phone call I was asked to fly in for an interview. There were 2 portions of the interview; one with a set of HR type people and one with the group I would be working with. After the interview, it took a few weeks to hear a response about the status of the position (despite me leaving messages with the HR rep) but when I did hear back he told me the job went to a current employee who applied as well, but maybe I could be placed somewhere else within the company. I went in for another interview and the same format was used during the interview including some of the same people which made the interview awkward. After the interview I found out I didn't get the job due to seemingly being disinterested in the job. I had asked so many questions the first time around and I knew a lot about the company already so I hadn't needed to ask as many during the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions that "have no answer"; just trying to see your thought process.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at W.L. Gore in October 2012.

First round: behavioral and interview questions
    then they would invite you to an on-site interview, etc
    overall, pretty challenging, but to be completely honest, I didn't really prepare for it due to other things I had to take care of. One annoyance is the fact that they don't give out their email address, they just give you a general email that seems to be never checked when you want to check up on your status.

Interview Questions
    • You have a tank and need to fill a bunch of other tanks, describe the process   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at W.L. Gore in August 2009.

The process for interns is less intensive than for full-time. Had a phone interview prior to starting, then they offer some interns interviews for full-time. The questions depend on your interviewer; there is no set of questions that all people ask. Overall, very good experience. Friendly tone and good conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult course and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at W.L. Gore in December 2011.

it is terrible, very long process, lots of duplicated but stupid questions. it is really an exhausted process.

Interview Questions
    • we think your knowledge on project management is not so good;   View Answer

Engineer Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at W.L. Gore in December 2010.

Office was nice. They paid for a nice hotel, and dinner. Took us on tour of their local facilities. First round interview consisted with meeting with 2 people for about 30 minutes. I was notified about the second round of interviews the next day. For second round interviews which were a couple months later, we had 4 45 minutes interviews with a total of 7 different people.

Engineer Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at W.L. Gore in October 2011.

The questions were very specific and included a case study. I'd advise learning about manufacturing beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Business case question that was related to the job description and job qualifications.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at W.L. Gore in January 2009.

Initial contact was casual to the point I did not really think it was serious. Phone screen was next, followed by panel interview. Seven associates in one session was a surprise. Some interviewers were amateurish/inexperienced. Culture topics occupy a lot of mind space at Gore, to the detriment of good business practices in some situations. The reality is that Gore is no different than any other mid-level company, though it really was different once upon a time. Expect to be scrutinized on how you play with others, as "good culture fit" is the password for entry into the club.

Interview Questions
    • How will you gain credibility amongst associates, if hired?   Answer Question
    Salary, vacation, relo.

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at W.L. Gore in August 2010.

I was interviewed in three 1 hour rotations with two interviewers in each. They didn't say for sure, but I think it was broken into team, behavioral, and technical skills. It was fairly laid back and enjoyable, however there were a few on the spot technical questions. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are some things to consider if you were to design a large overhead water distribution system above a city?   Answer Question

Worked for W.L. Gore? Contribute to the Community!