W.L. Gore

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at W.L. Gore

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively simple and straightforward. I went through a phone conversation with HR, where I was given a behavioral interview. Since it was HR, they were focused more on my ability to work with others and in a team-based capacity. Overall, the interviewer was very pleasant, and she did well in making me feel comfortable the whole time.

Interview Question – Talk about a conflict you experienced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Interviewed at W.L. Gore

Interview Details – The process was very pleasant. The HR was very nice and responsive to e-mails and calls. Phone interview, and then on-site interview. During the phone interview, the questions asked were things like tell me about yourself, your biggest weakness and accomplishments. During the on-site, there were two interviews with two different teams. The questions asked were mostly technical questions, and case studies.

Interview Question – questions were typical interview questions   Answer Question

Flagstaff, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – Talked to hiring manager on phone once, received a phone call from the person who would be my supervisor, and then finally with a 3rd phone call I was asked to fly in for an interview. There were 2 portions of the interview; one with a set of HR type people and one with the group I would be working with. After the interview, it took a few weeks to hear a response about the status of the position (despite me leaving messages with the HR rep) but when I did hear back he told me the job went to a current employee who applied as well, but maybe I could be placed somewhere else within the company. I went in for another interview and the same format was used during the interview including some of the same people which made the interview awkward. After the interview I found out I didn't get the job due to seemingly being disinterested in the job. I had asked so many questions the first time around and I knew a lot about the company already so I hadn't needed to ask as many during the 2nd interview.

Interview Question – A lot of questions that "have no answer"; just trying to see your thought process.   View Answer

State College, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at W.L. Gore in October 2012.

Interview Details – First round: behavioral and interview questions
then they would invite you to an on-site interview, etc
overall, pretty challenging, but to be completely honest, I didn't really prepare for it due to other things I had to take care of. One annoyance is the fact that they don't give out their email address, they just give you a general email that seems to be never checked when you want to check up on your status.

Interview Question – You have a tank and need to fill a bunch of other tanks, describe the process   View Answer

Engineering

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at W.L. Gore in August 2009.

Interview Details – The process for interns is less intensive than for full-time. Had a phone interview prior to starting, then they offer some interns interviews for full-time. The questions depend on your interviewer; there is no set of questions that all people ask. Overall, very good experience. Friendly tone and good conversation.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult course and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at W.L. Gore in December 2011.

Interview Details – it is terrible, very long process, lots of duplicated but stupid questions. it is really an exhausted process.

Interview Question – we think your knowledge on project management is not so good;   View Answer

Engineer

The process took 3 months - interviewed at W.L. Gore in December 2010.

Interview Details – Office was nice. They paid for a nice hotel, and dinner. Took us on tour of their local facilities. First round interview consisted with meeting with 2 people for about 30 minutes. I was notified about the second round of interviews the next day. For second round interviews which were a couple months later, we had 4 45 minutes interviews with a total of 7 different people.

Interview Question – Describe a difficulty in your life?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at W.L. Gore in October 2011.

Interview Details – The questions were very specific and included a case study. I'd advise learning about manufacturing beforehand.

Interview Question – Business case question that was related to the job description and job qualifications.   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at W.L. Gore in January 2009.

Interview Details – Initial contact was casual to the point I did not really think it was serious. Phone screen was next, followed by panel interview. Seven associates in one session was a surprise. Some interviewers were amateurish/inexperienced. Culture topics occupy a lot of mind space at Gore, to the detriment of good business practices in some situations. The reality is that Gore is no different than any other mid-level company, though it really was different once upon a time. Expect to be scrutinized on how you play with others, as "good culture fit" is the password for entry into the club.

Interview Question – How will you gain credibility amongst associates, if hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary, vacation, relo.

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at W.L. Gore in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed in three 1 hour rotations with two interviewers in each. They didn't say for sure, but I think it was broken into team, behavioral, and technical skills. It was fairly laid back and enjoyable, however there were a few on the spot technical questions. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Question – What are some things to consider if you were to design a large overhead water distribution system above a city?   Answer Question

Worked for W.L. Gore? Contribute to the Community!