W.L. Gore

Updated Sep 28, 2014

3.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at W.L. Gore in May 2013.

Applied through a University Career page, was contacted a few days later. Set up an on campus interview and met a few recruiters in the process. Interview was short about 30 or so minutes due to the high volume of interviews that were scheduled for that day. Overall interview was straight forward, lots of technical questions and lots of behavioral questions as well.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question was being asked generalized technical questions that may not apply to your field of study. My particular question was Industrial Engineering oriented along with another question for Chemical Engineers only; both of these questions were great fun since I was a Mechanical.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for W.L. Gore

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Applied on campus career recruiting website and was offered on campus interview.. Got an on campus interview that lasted about thirty minutes and consisted mostly of tell me a time when questions. People were nice and felt like it went well but got a rejection email about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a group project you have had that you really liked - what did you do for it and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at W.L. Gore in March 2013.

Applied online through the career services website with my school and got accepted for an on-campus interview. They described the process as: 2 interviews to get the position. Unfortunately, I only made it to the first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at W.L. Gore in March 2010.

Signed up through University of Arizona's interview program, and met with recruiters at the career fair. I was notified by the University of my interview and time, and I met with two employees from Gore for the interview. The interview lasted 30 min, and they asked several behavioural and technical questions.

Intern Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at W.L. Gore in January 2012.

Interview was set up through my college's career services program.
    Interview was with 3 engineers. Almost all questions were technical.
    The first question was "Tell us something that's not on your resume." This, and along with some of the initial technical questions, threw me off at the beginning.

Bottom line: How the interview goes is based on how well you answer your questions. The better your answers, the deeper they dig into the subject matter. It all seems very intimidating. If you try your best not to get frazzled, it ends up being a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something that's not listed on your resume.   Answer Question
    • Describe a group conflict you've dealt with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at W.L. Gore in October 2008.

I don't remember too much but make sure you do your company research.