W.L. Gore

Getting the Interview

94 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by phone one within two weeks. The phone interview was brief and not very structured. It seemed more of a friendly conversation, the interviewer started by telling me about the company, asking a few questions along the way. I could tell the individual was very excited to work there and enjoyed it. Then we went over my resume and a little about my current job/work responsibilities. Then the interviewer set up an onsite interview date, set for less than two weeks away.
The onsite interview was relatively short. There were three interview groups (two contained three people, one contained two people), each session taking 45-50 minutes. All the interviewers wore name tags, so remembering names was not part of the difficulty.
After it was over they had a tour with a local Realtor to show the prospective employee the area. No tour was given of the facility itself.

Interview Question – The reoccurring theme of the interview was about testing. A little bit of background, the products being made at this facility were medical devices, so of course the quality must be very high. If a product has a flaw it could contribute to or cause major health problems. So, in each group, the question was asked "How much testing is enough?" or "How many times would you test it before being satisfied?"
... a difficult question to be answered.
  View Answer

Engineer Intern Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – Heard about this through the university career services website. It was a very standard and quick interview, took only about 20 minutes. Asked questions directly from my resume and then a few behavioral questions. The interviewers seemed very interested and impressed with my experiences but I didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – Explain what a critical path is.   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – The interview process started with an on campus interview. Next, I was flown out to Gore's plant in Arizona. They were very considerate, and they did a great job with the process.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of skill based questions that were difficult. They wanted to hear your thought process.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Elkton, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at W.L. Gore in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied, did an on campus interview, asked to do an on site interview, offer within weeks

Interview Question – What would your roommate say about you?   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with HR first. Was then admitted to personal interviews: two cluster interviews (one with people working at the department and second with department head and HR). Questions were quite standard and not too difficult. Received good feedback, however another person was offered the job (according to HR, due to an employee recommendation).

Interview Question – Considering our corporate structure/culture, why do you think you are a good fit for our company?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – Interview was very short, only 30 minutes. Not very difficult, only ask questions about what you wrote on resume such as experience , projects ...

Interview Question – What make a good boss   Answer Question

Medical Device Operator Interview

Medical Device Operator

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – From application to final interview was just over 3 months. There were 2 phone interviews, one Microsoft Excel test, 3 sets of in-person group (2 people) interviews. The interviewers were pleasant enough, but we are scientists and not known for our communication skills. after the final in-person interview, they followed up to obtain references. The entire process was simply too long. The skills test was dated. The Excel version appeared to be from the 90s.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you disagreed with something your management said. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Process Champion Interview

I applied online - interviewed at W.L. Gore in March 2010.

Interview Details – I work well with a grounp of people and I am a fast learner and enjoy sharing my knowledge with others to help improve the within the company.

Interview Question – Somtimes when there is a conflix bewteen a co-worker and When people ask why do you want to be here working?.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at W.L. Gore in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received a phone interview and it ran very smoothly and took about an hour. Consisted of about 8 behavioral questions. Make sure you prepare these prior to having the interview. They are mainly trying to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit in the company personality wise. Not many technical questions asked of me.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were expected to complete a task and a you disagreed with a group mate. How did you react and respond to fix the disagreement   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at W.L. Gore in October 2012.

Interview Details – Gore human resources communicated all the necessary steps of the interview very clearly. From application to in face interview took about 6 weeks. They provided a agenda of who I would be meeting with and when prior to the interview. Once you walk in the door you realize just how special this company is. From the decor to the people. Anyone was very nice and laid back. Very impressive.

Interview Question – The interview questions were pretty average. Each person had questions written down but they didn't seem to be form questions. Average interview questions. The questions were not very technical   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at W.L. Gore

Worked for W.L. Gore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at W.L. Gore interview questions and advice. All 94 interview reviews posted anonymously by W.L. Gore employees and interview candidates.