W.L. Gore Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

Medical Division Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at W.L. Gore.

After phone based recruiter interviews, was brought on site for face to face interviews. I was surprised to note that there were only two interview slots. A leadership panel for one and a team level panel for the second. I was expecting several hours of interviews instead of only two.

Overall, the leadership panel was professional and balanced sharing about the company and role with understanding my skills and experience and career goals. I was given the sense that they needed my prior leadership experience and would value my extensive experience.

The team level interview was challenging in that they didn't express an interest in my prior experience, they just wanted help with the workload. Somewhat of a mixed message.

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want to take this position at Gore, considering my prior experience and career levels?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at W.L. Gore in February 2015.

I applied through my school's online job portal. Then I received an individual call from my school's career services office notifying me that I had been selected for an on campus interview. Went to an informational session the night before their rounds of interviews. I attended the interview the next day and was informed it was only one interview and that I would be informed of my status within the coming weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Was there any way that you as an individual changed the way something was done in your previous work experience? Also just generally walking the interviewers through your resume.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at W.L. Gore in February 2015.

Applied through my university's career center. They requested an interview after a few weeks. The weather was bad so they scheduled a phone interview instead. two employees were on the phone. Make sure you do your research and ask good questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked my preference in location. They were very interested in team activities. It seemed like regular behavioural questions.   View Answer

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at W.L. Gore.

This was the second time having an interview with Gore and I was more familiar with the process. I interviewed with the same guy I had 6 months ago for an internship position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with us and not any other company?   Answer Question

EHS Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at W.L. Gore in January 2015.

Applied to job online, was called by HR and set up a phone interview with HR / safety group. Was called 3 days later for an onsite. Flew out and interviewed , was offered job in a hour.

80K for a safety specialist. I was happy

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at W.L. Gore in January 2015.

W.L. Gore started with on campus recruitment events and information sessions followed by on campus interviews once they had finished taking applications. The on campus interview was fairly casual and short, with mostly behavioral questions asked. After the on campus interview I did not hear back for close to a month, then I was notified that I was selected for a final round of interviews in Flagstaff.

I flew down to Flagstaff for 2 long days of tours and interviews however the experience was positive and it seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • You have a process (black box) that takes inputs in and produces an output. You have 3 knobs to control the process. One controls the time the input is in the process, one controls the temperature of the process, and one controls the pressure of the process. How do you determine the ideal operating conditions?   View Answer

New Graduate Opportunities Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at W.L. Gore.

Applied online and got a behavioral phone screen. Gore is really committed to its company culture so this is really important. They like to ask questions about how you interact in teams, how you overcome obstacles; tell stories.

On site interview process was rigorously technical. Four sets of 45 minute interviews, 2 interviewers. Most interviewers came in and said, "We are going to dive deep into one of your technical experiences". This required drawing diagrams on the board, answering their questions on your technical background. One interview presented a diagram and had me explain how the device worked and then we walked through various case studies on that device in different scenarios.

The rest of the day was a plant tour where you learned all about Gore's products. Would have been nice to have this knowledge for the interview, but I'm sure the interviewers get tired and having the morning session has its own benefits.

Overall, very fun, personable, and enjoyable process. Associates really care about the company culture and like to talk about that relative to their technical background.

Manufacturing Operator Interview

A bit drawn out, but painless. They are mostly interested in your culture fit, so work on being able to describe yourself and how you've worked on a team as preparation for interviews.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at W.L. Gore.

I applied online for their new graduate positions and had an on-campus interview. The interview was with two individuals. They asked insightful questions based on my resume to delve deeper into my skills and how I react in various situations. Some of their questions, however, were extremely open ended (i.e. describe something technical).

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to describe a time when I "got my hands dirty." I didn't really know what they meant - whether building something or being involved in all the steps of a project (e.g. a grunt). They didn't really clarify and said anything was good...they didn't really mean it.   View Answer

Statistician Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at W.L. Gore.

I was interviewed for the Statistician position. The interview was held in a small room in the student center. First, the interviewer introduced himself a bit and cut to the questions directly. He told me that I had to assume that he knew nothing about terminology of statistics, and I have to make explanation as clear as possible.
    1) what's p-value?(example)
    2) what's null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis?
    3) a example of sample testing.
    4) Very applied question( forgive me, can't remember)