W.L. Gore

Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Planner Interview

Production Planner
Elkton, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at W.L. Gore in March 2012.

Interview Details – Typical behavioral interview process. They will be looking for how you will fit in with the team as a primary hiring criteria. Secondly, will be your skill set. If you have a family member of friend working at Gore you will have a much higher chance at landing a job.

Interview Question – Describe a time of team or personal conflict within the workplace and how you were able to resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary and vacation was non negotiable. This will depend on the position and the plant leader/ HR ego.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at W.L. Gore

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively simple and straightforward. I went through a phone conversation with HR, where I was given a behavioral interview. Since it was HR, they were focused more on my ability to work with others and in a team-based capacity. Overall, the interviewer was very pleasant, and she did well in making me feel comfortable the whole time.

Interview Question – Talk about a conflict you experienced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Interviewed at W.L. Gore

Interview Details – On campus recruiting lead to an on campus interview. There was a group panel company introduction session after being called to setup an interview. There was food and the attendees were extremely relaxed. We got a brief presentation on the different divisions of Gore and how the company works. The session opened up to questions, but the session did not move quickly and I had to leave for class before I could talk to them one on one. The interviewer was nice and the questions were rather standard behavior based questions. Everything was standard.

Interview Question – How would you approach a project with Gore Tex and how would it be different depending on the end use environment?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting led to on-campus interview. HR staff did an excellent job of keeping candidates posted on progress throughout the application progress. Recruiters were process engineers, extremely friendly. They were well-informed and prepared, and conducted several information sessions during the career fair week as well as individually for specific clubs on campus like AIChE. The interview experience was friendly and well-organized - recruiters engaged with me in conversation and seemed eager to share their experience as well as ask me about mine.

Interview Question – Describe the process of making M&Ms.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at W.L. Gore

Interview Details – The process was very pleasant. The HR was very nice and responsive to e-mails and calls. Phone interview, and then on-site interview. During the phone interview, the questions asked were things like tell me about yourself, your biggest weakness and accomplishments. During the on-site, there were two interviews with two different teams. The questions asked were mostly technical questions, and case studies.

Interview Question – questions were typical interview questions   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by phone one within two weeks. The phone interview was brief and not very structured. It seemed more of a friendly conversation, the interviewer started by telling me about the company, asking a few questions along the way. I could tell the individual was very excited to work there and enjoyed it. Then we went over my resume and a little about my current job/work responsibilities. Then the interviewer set up an onsite interview date, set for less than two weeks away.
The onsite interview was relatively short. There were three interview groups (two contained three people, one contained two people), each session taking 45-50 minutes. All the interviewers wore name tags, so remembering names was not part of the difficulty.
After it was over they had a tour with a local Realtor to show the prospective employee the area. No tour was given of the facility itself.

Interview Question – The reoccurring theme of the interview was about testing. A little bit of background, the products being made at this facility were medical devices, so of course the quality must be very high. If a product has a flaw it could contribute to or cause major health problems. So, in each group, the question was asked "How much testing is enough?" or "How many times would you test it before being satisfied?"
... a difficult question to be answered.
  View Answer

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern
Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – Heard about this through the university career services website. It was a very standard and quick interview, took only about 20 minutes. Asked questions directly from my resume and then a few behavioral questions. The interviewers seemed very interested and impressed with my experiences but I didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – Explain what a critical path is.   View Answer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – The interview process started with an on campus interview. Next, I was flown out to Gore's plant in Arizona. They were very considerate, and they did a great job with the process.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of skill based questions that were difficult. They wanted to hear your thought process.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist
Elkton, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at W.L. Gore in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied, did an on campus interview, asked to do an on site interview, offer within weeks

Interview Question – What would your roommate say about you?   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Event Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with HR first. Was then admitted to personal interviews: two cluster interviews (one with people working at the department and second with department head and HR). Questions were quite standard and not too difficult. Received good feedback, however another person was offered the job (according to HR, due to an employee recommendation).

Interview Question – Considering our corporate structure/culture, why do you think you are a good fit for our company?   Answer Question

Worked for W.L. Gore? Contribute to the Community!