W.L. Gore Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

I participated in a phone interview with an HR rep and an engineer. That resulted in receiving an invitation to an on site interview. During the on site interview, I rotated through three groups of interviewers. All asked technical and work style questions, either from my background or hypothetical situations. After the interview I heard from the company within a week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at W.L. Gore (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied through my university. I was interviewed by 2 people and it was done over the phone. The interviewers were late to the interview and cut it short because we were 'out of time'. The interview was very basic; they asked me about my resume and simple behavioral questions. No technical questions

Interview Questions

• How have you handled working with somebody that you don't like   Answer Question

Scientist Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online – interviewed at W.L. Gore (Newark, DE).

Interview

Submitted resume online and first contacted by a Gore HR for behavior questions. Then a phone interview over 1hr and a full day onsite interview. The phone interview was a torture and it went way over time. The interviewer had little respect and keep asking stupid questions. After over one week, HR called back for onsite interview. The onsite was a normal interview with 1hr presentation and several 1hr sections.
    What makes me really unhappy is that the job description was totally different with the phone interviewer said and at onsite they told any story. This is a total waste of my time and their phone interviewer is very unprofessional. If they clearly stated the job requirement in phone screening, I would never be interested in the next step. The onsite is a ok experience.
    Overall from my experience, I feel that Gore employees think they are a Google company, but only behave like a small startup. I would not recommend this company to any people.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions with some technical questions.   Answer Question

Quality Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Staffing agency screen was followed by technical and behavioral phone screen. I was called in for two, in person panel interviews, one hour each. During the whole process, Gore's recruiting associate and travel team was very helpful accommodating my schedule and travel. The recruiting associate was even kind enough to spend over half hour with me on the phone to walk me through the process and kind of interview to expect. He also scheduled a pre-interview dinner with couple of people who were going to be on the panel the next morning. I would say, Gore went an extra mile in making the whole process comfortable for me.

The people I met were nice. They all seemed like happy people and the overall experience of my two hours at Gore facility was relaxed. The interview itself was more geared more towards technical, and less towards strategic, behavioral, and thought process kind of discussion that I was expecting for this level role.

The Gore recruiting associate was kind enough to follow up with a phone call after two weeks to provide and seek feedback.

Medical Division Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

After phone based recruiter interviews, was brought on site for face to face interviews. I was surprised to note that there were only two interview slots. A leadership panel for one and a team level panel for the second. I was expecting several hours of interviews instead of only two.

Overall, the leadership panel was professional and balanced sharing about the company and role with understanding my skills and experience and career goals. I was given the sense that they needed my prior leadership experience and would value my extensive experience.

The team level interview was challenging in that they didn't express an interest in my prior experience, they just wanted help with the workload. Somewhat of a mixed message.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to take this position at Gore, considering my prior experience and career levels?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at W.L. Gore (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's online job portal. Then I received an individual call from my school's career services office notifying me that I had been selected for an on campus interview. Went to an informational session the night before their rounds of interviews. I attended the interview the next day and was informed it was only one interview and that I would be informed of my status within the coming weeks.

Interview Questions

• Was there any way that you as an individual changed the way something was done in your previous work experience? Also just generally walking the interviewers through your resume.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at W.L. Gore (College Park, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's career center. They requested an interview after a few weeks. The weather was bad so they scheduled a phone interview instead. two employees were on the phone. Make sure you do your research and ask good questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked my preference in location. They were very interested in team activities. It seemed like regular behavioural questions.   1 Answer

Materials Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

There were several phone interviews with panels of Ph.D. level scientists within the company. The first interview was a HR recruiter asking what I knew about the company, then the interviews subsequently went to the R&D team and became much more technical.

Interview Questions

• -Explain mechanical compressive testing
      -Explain DOE and a t-test
      -Explain how I work with composites
      -Tell us about your previous research projects and discuss the materials analysis

Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

This was the second time having an interview with Gore and I was more familiar with the process. I interviewed with the same guy I had 6 months ago for an internship position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us and not any other company?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

W.L. Gore started with on campus recruitment events and information sessions followed by on campus interviews once they had finished taking applications. The on campus interview was fairly casual and short, with mostly behavioral questions asked. After the on campus interview I did not hear back for close to a month, then I was notified that I was selected for a final round of interviews in Flagstaff.

I flew down to Flagstaff for 2 long days of tours and interviews however the experience was positive and it seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• You have a process (black box) that takes inputs in and produces an output. You have 3 knobs to control the process. One controls the time the input is in the process, one controls the temperature of the process, and one controls the pressure of the process. How do you determine the ideal operating conditions?   1 Answer