W.L. Gore Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

Intern hiring process was simple and fairly easy. I went through a campus interview. The interviewer asked pretty basic situational/leadership questions, nothing too technical. He seemed to like genuine enthusiasm in engineering related work and hobbies. I mentioned prior work experiences and things that I found fascinating while I worked.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall. Questions were under the line of: name a time you overcame a tough problem at work   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

I participated in a phone interview with an HR rep and an engineer. That resulted in receiving an invitation to an on site interview. During the on site interview, I rotated through three groups of interviewers. All asked technical and work style questions, either from my background or hypothetical situations. After the interview I heard from the company within a week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied through my university. I was interviewed by 2 people and it was done over the phone. The interviewers were late to the interview and cut it short because we were 'out of time'. The interview was very basic; they asked me about my resume and simple behavioral questions. No technical questions

Interview Questions

• How have you handled working with somebody that you don't like   Answer Question

Scientist Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Newark, DE).

Interview

Submitted resume online and first contacted by a Gore HR for behavior questions. Then a phone interview over 1hr and a full day onsite interview. The phone interview was a torture and it went way over time. The interviewer had little respect and keep asking stupid questions. After over one week, HR called back for onsite interview. The onsite was a normal interview with 1hr presentation and several 1hr sections. What makes me really unhappy is that the job description was totally different with the phone interviewer said and at onsite they told any story. This is a total waste of my time and their phone interviewer is very unprofessional. If they clearly stated the job requirement in phone screening, I would never be interested in the next step. The onsite is a ok experience. Overall from my experience, I feel that Gore employees think they are a Google company, but only behave like a small startup. I would not recommend this company to any people.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions with some technical questions.   Answer Question

Quality Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Staffing agency screen was followed by technical and behavioral phone screen. I was called in for two, in person panel interviews, one hour each. During the whole process, Gore's recruiting associate and travel team was very helpful accommodating my schedule and travel. The recruiting associate was even kind enough to spend over half hour with me on the phone to walk me through the process and kind of interview to expect. He also scheduled a pre-interview dinner with couple of people who were going to be on the panel the next morning. I would say, Gore went an extra mile in making the whole process comfortable for me. The people I met were nice. They all seemed like happy people and the overall experience of my two hours at Gore facility was relaxed. The interview itself was more geared more towards technical, and less towards strategic, behavioral, and thought process kind of discussion that I was expecting for this level role. The Gore recruiting associate was kind enough to follow up with a phone call after two weeks to provide and seek feedback.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Newark, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

Gore came to my university campus. I was interviewed by two people and the questions were reasonable. After I got hired as an intern, I learned that they picked up on when I expressed enthusiasm, so be sure to express your interests. They also like you to hear questions; show that you're engaged, interested, and thinking.

Interview Questions

• They asked some specific technical questions on experience I had listed on my resume. Other questions were more behavioral.   1 Answer

Medical Division Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview

After phone based recruiter interviews, was brought on site for face to face interviews. I was surprised to note that there were only two interview slots. A leadership panel for one and a team level panel for the second. I was expecting several hours of interviews instead of only two. Overall, the leadership panel was professional and balanced sharing about the company and role with understanding my skills and experience and career goals. I was given the sense that they needed my prior leadership experience and would value my extensive experience. The team level interview was challenging in that they didn't express an interest in my prior experience, they just wanted help with the workload. Somewhat of a mixed message.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to take this position at Gore, considering my prior experience and career levels?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's online job portal. Then I received an individual call from my school's career services office notifying me that I had been selected for an on campus interview. Went to an informational session the night before their rounds of interviews. I attended the interview the next day and was informed it was only one interview and that I would be informed of my status within the coming weeks.

Interview Questions

• Was there any way that you as an individual changed the way something was done in your previous work experience? Also just generally walking the interviewers through your resume.   Answer Question

Materials Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

There were several phone interviews with panels of Ph.D. level scientists within the company. The first interview was a HR recruiter asking what I knew about the company, then the interviews subsequently went to the R&D team and became much more technical.

Interview Questions

• -Explain mechanical compressive testing -Explain DOE and a t-test -Explain how I work with composites -Tell us about your previous research projects and discuss the materials analysis   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W.L. Gore (College Park, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's career center. They requested an interview after a few weeks. The weather was bad so they scheduled a phone interview instead. two employees were on the phone. Make sure you do your research and ask good questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked my preference in location. They were very interested in team activities. It seemed like regular behavioural questions.   1 Answer