W.L. Gore

W.L. Gore Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

Engineer Interview

The interview process was relatively simple and straightforward. I went through a phone conversation with HR, where I was given a behavioral interview. Since it was HR, they were focused more on my ability to work with others and in a team-based capacity. Overall, the interviewer was very pleasant, and she did well in making me feel comfortable the whole time.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a conflict you experienced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

On campus recruiting lead to an on campus interview. There was a group panel company introduction session after being called to setup an interview. There was food and the attendees were extremely relaxed. We got a brief presentation on the different divisions of Gore and how the company works. The session opened up to questions, but the session did not move quickly and I had to leave for class before I could talk to them one on one. The interviewer was nice and the questions were rather standard behavior based questions. Everything was standard.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach a project with Gore Tex and how would it be different depending on the end use environment?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Campus recruiting led to on-campus interview. HR staff did an excellent job of keeping candidates posted on progress throughout the application progress. Recruiters were process engineers, extremely friendly. They were well-informed and prepared, and conducted several information sessions during the career fair week as well as individually for specific clubs on campus like AIChE. The interview experience was friendly and well-organized - recruiters engaged with me in conversation and seemed eager to share their experience as well as ask me about mine.

Engineer Interview

The process was very pleasant. The HR was very nice and responsive to e-mails and calls. Phone interview, and then on-site interview. During the phone interview, the questions asked were things like tell me about yourself, your biggest weakness and accomplishments. During the on-site, there were two interviews with two different teams. The questions asked were mostly technical questions, and case studies.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at W.L. Gore.

Applied online, was contacted by phone one within two weeks. The phone interview was brief and not very structured. It seemed more of a friendly conversation, the interviewer started by telling me about the company, asking a few questions along the way. I could tell the individual was very excited to work there and enjoyed it. Then we went over my resume and a little about my current job/work responsibilities. Then the interviewer set up an onsite interview date, set for less than two weeks away.
    The onsite interview was relatively short. There were three interview groups (two contained three people, one contained two people), each session taking 45-50 minutes. All the interviewers wore name tags, so remembering names was not part of the difficulty.
    After it was over they had a tour with a local Realtor to show the prospective employee the area. No tour was given of the facility itself.

Interview Questions
    • The reoccurring theme of the interview was about testing. A little bit of background, the products being made at this facility were medical devices, so of course the quality must be very high. If a product has a flaw it could contribute to or cause major health problems. So, in each group, the question was asked "How much testing is enough?" or "How many times would you test it before being satisfied?"
      ... a difficult question to be answered.

View Answer

Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at W.L. Gore.

Heard about this through the university career services website. It was a very standard and quick interview, took only about 20 minutes. Asked questions directly from my resume and then a few behavioral questions. The interviewers seemed very interested and impressed with my experiences but I didn't get an offer.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at W.L. Gore.

The interview process started with an on campus interview. Next, I was flown out to Gore's plant in Arizona. They were very considerate, and they did a great job with the process.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of skill based questions that were difficult. They wanted to hear your thought process.   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at W.L. Gore.

Had a phone interview with HR first. Was then admitted to personal interviews: two cluster interviews (one with people working at the department and second with department head and HR). Questions were quite standard and not too difficult. Received good feedback, however another person was offered the job (according to HR, due to an employee recommendation).

Interview Questions
    • Considering our corporate structure/culture, why do you think you are a good fit for our company?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at W.L. Gore.

Interview was very short, only 30 minutes. Not very difficult, only ask questions about what you wrote on resume such as experience , projects ...

Medical Device Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at W.L. Gore.

From application to final interview was just over 3 months. There were 2 phone interviews, one Microsoft Excel test, 3 sets of in-person group (2 people) interviews. The interviewers were pleasant enough, but we are scientists and not known for our communication skills. after the final in-person interview, they followed up to obtain references. The entire process was simply too long. The skills test was dated. The Excel version appeared to be from the 90s.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with something your management said. How did you handle it?   Answer Question